*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Logan Paul it's time to go to school. I am guessing this is going to do huge numbers.

"Floyd Mayweather, the former five-weight boxing world champion, has announced he will take on Youtuber Logan Paul in a "special exhibition" fight in February 2021.

American Mayweather, 43, ended his career unbeaten in 50 bouts.

He last fought in 2017, beating MMA star Conor McGregor in one of the richest bouts in boxing history.

Paul, 25, has fought once professionally, losing to fellow Youtuber KSI in November 2019.

There has been speculation the fight would be agreed for several months and American Paul, who has more than 22 million subscribers on Youtube, has taunted Mayweather on several occasions, with the pair exchanging insults on social media.

Last week, Logan's younger brother Jake, also a famous influencer, fought on the bill of the Mike Tyson v Roy Jones Jr exhibition in Los Angeles, knocking out former NBA player Nate Robinson.

The fight, which will take place on 20 February and is likely to draw huge pay-per-view numbers, is the latest chance for Mayweather to take on an opponent beyond the traditional boxing world".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/55210500

Soldato
Floyd barely knocks out fighters his own size, this will definitely go a fair few rounds. Is this Logan fella coming in as a light heavyweight? His stamina is certainly going to be tested to the limit. This will be a game of hit and run for Floyd, I'd certainly watch simply because he's in with a much bigger guy this time.

Soldato
Floyd barely knocks out fighters his own size, this will definitely go a fair few rounds. Is this Logan fella coming in as a light heavyweight? His stamina is certainly going to be tested to the limit. This will be a game of hit and run for Floyd, I'd certainly watch simply because he's in with a much bigger guy this time.

The other guy isn’t a boxer though. I can’t see Floyd running from him (no more so than usual, at least). Ring craft and speed will win here. For what I saw, there isn’t a huge reach difference despite the height difference.

Permabanned
It’s not even worth talking about. If it looks even remotely close it’ll be because Floyd wants it to be. He’ll toy with him and carry him just like he did with McGregor.

This is just another cash grab. The end.

Soldato
I accept he's not a boxer but he's athletic and he's much bigger than Floyd, for those reasons alone it won't be anything like the last exhibition where he fought that Japanese kid. Yes, I expect it to resemble the Mcgregor fight where the big guy at least looks slightly dangerous early on.

Back
Top Bottom