Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I've got an Ambilight TV and for likes of Prime/Netflix etc via Fire stick it's been fantastic, image quality is great for me, the lights a massive bonus as I prefer it visually. I chose this over much higher regarded TV's from Sony, LG etc and happy with it.

V F

V F

Soldato
cx6hQXs.jpg

Philips Ambilight 65PUS8545, black friday deal. No way I'm paying OLED money so this was the next best thing :D

Chuffed to bits with it though :D My first 4k telly, first new TV for 10 years.... the ambilight feature seems really cool. My son was playing smash bros on it in that image, looking forward to watching some 4k football tonight, fingers crossed Leeds can surprise Chelsea :p

Nice unit! I need to find more matte black in my life. :D

Soldato
You can give any TV bias lighting, no need to by a phillips TV. But to be honest, sometimes colour behind a TV just looks great. Phillips even do a hue sync box now but its pricey.

Soldato
Chilly's series 2. Went with a white bottle, grey collar and a yellow handle. It will hopefully keep me more hydrated throughout the day.

Love the new shape, feels more balanced. The collar is a good addition, it's a nicer material to drink from. On the bottom is a silicone pad so no more hard metal bottom.

DSCF9209.jpg

DSCF9216.jpg

DSCF9218.jpg

Good choice!
Ordered one for the Mrs.

Caporegime
HP G2 Reverb VR - I have had this on preorder for ages and was looking touch and go whether it would arrive by Christmas and then Dell put loads of them up for sale on their site so bought one and cancelled my preorder! Made no sense but glad I have one now.

And the screen I couldnt resist. Its the Alienware AW3821dw. Probably the best monitor for now until mini led become the norm/cheaper and since it was £300 off on black friday/cyber monday and i also had another 20% off from the Dell advantage scheme plus £62 TCB, it came in at £978. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's a nice monitor but not a huge upgrade from my current X34 P. I am still slightly jealous. :D

I am coming from a 6 year old Benq 32" 4k screen. Still not sure i am doing the right thing and this is an upgrade?

Yes its 144hz but its less pixels and cost double what my existing 4k screen did. Shame monitors have hardly moved in 6 years and this is the best I can get (without spending £3500)

Gave up waiting for 4k 32" 144Hz HDR1000 screens with decent FALD. They wont be affordable for another 5 years the rate we are going.

So the UW screen will do for a few years as a stand in. I kept trying to justify to myself that the 32" ROG 1152 zone mini led hdr1400 screen was worth the £3500 but I just cant. I know the Asus screen will look amazing but so it should!

Back
Top Bottom