Fractal Define Mini C or Corsair 4000D Airflow

Associate
Evening all

I currently have a Fractal Define Mini C case with a mATX board and 2070S GPU

I've just got a MSI 3080 and the card length is 325 which is 10mm to long, so need to remove a 140 fan from the front of the case. I can move the fan to the top, currently had 2 x 140 blowing air into the case from the front and 1 x 140 fan at the back

The other idea was go for a new case Corsair 4000D airflow and have better airflow all round

Would the 3080 find it to hot in the Fractal as its not really a airflow case like the corsair. Does having loads of fans make it any louder or because its got more cooling the fans very slower. Also what about dust is there much dust with a airflow case ?

Thanks in advance

Associate
I think the answer here is testing; before investing in a new case.

You have the case and GPU - is it getting too hot/ thermal throttling? Is it too loud?

Before getting a new case, is there enough space for a slim 120mm fan at the front instead?

Associate
I have the very similar 450D, if you added your existing 140mms to the 4000D you'd be pretty much guaranteed to have good temps and great airflow.

I have 6 case fans but still silent running at idle and quiet at load as I limit the max RPM. With positive pressure you won't get much dust all, any that does build up is mostly retained on the removable filters which take about 30 seconds each to clean.

But maybe try some test runs with your existing case, might still OK for temps even with that fan removed.

Back
Top Bottom