Gaming PC for Xmas for my son.

Associate
This is my first post so sorry if this is in the wrong section, so if it needs moving to correct section I'd appreciate that too.

I'd appreciate any advice on a gaming PC for my son for Xmas.
He wants the PC to be able to play, Roblox, Fortnite, Minecraft and the Call of Duty Warzone.

I'd prefer a full system with monitor, keyboard and mouse etc: but would get separate if required.

Many thanks for any advice or links to PC's.

Andrew.

Associate
With that budget your really going to struggle. Infact it'd be nearly impossible if you wanted all peripherals and monitor in that. A decent console may be a better choice.

If you can source the peripherals/monitor outside ur budget then this would be a good shout...

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £622.09 (includes shipping: £17.22)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What sort of price do I need to pay for a PC?

I'm not looking for a top end PC just something that would play the games mentioned in the OP.
Thanks.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Hi,
Sorry for replying so late,
Is there any gaming PC's off the shelf as I'd struggle to build the PC before Xmas and son won't wait on the day to get it built and set up.
I'd could push to £1k if keyboard, mouse, monitor etc:- are included.
Many thanks.

Associate
About best I can do with items in stock on a pre build. You'd just need to source a copy of Windows elsewhere. Some off the tech is dated (especially the CPU). For a pre build you're probably better looking elsewhere or giving the store a call.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Tech Labs Intel 9th Gen "Coffee Lake" Midi Tower Gaming PC Configurator = £1,024.70
    • Memory **non-Z370/Z390 motherboards limited to 2666MHz**:Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-21600C18 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey
    • Power Supply:Kolink Modular Power 500W 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply
    • CPU Cooler:Alpenfohn Brocken ECO Advanced CPU Cooler - 120 mm
    • M.2 Solid State Drive **For Operating System If Selected**:WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB M.2 2280 Solid State Drive (WDS250G2B0B)
    • Solid State Drive 1:Unwanted
    • Solid State Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 1:Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM 256MB Cache Hard Drive - *System Stock*
    • Mechanical Hard Drive 2:Unwanted
    • Optical Drive **Please Check Chassis Support**:Unwanted
    • Soundcard:Unwanted
    • Network Adapter:Unwanted
    • Case Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Unwanted
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched in approx 10-15 working days
    • Speakers:Unwanted
    • Gaming Chair:Unwanted
    • Motherboard:Asus Prime B365-Plus Intel B365 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    • Processor:Intel Core i5-9400F 2.90GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • Graphics:*Build Stock* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6144MB GDDR6 Graphics Card
    • Headset:Unwanted
    • Monitors:Hannspree HG244PJB 24" 1920x1080 TN 144Hz FREESYNC Widescreen Gaming Monitor
    • Keyboard:Logitech K120 USB Keyboard (920-002524)
    • Mouse:ASUS ROG Pugio USB RGB Optical Gaming Mouse (90MP00L0-B0UA00)
    • Gaming Desk:Unwanted
    • Case:Kolink Quantum ARGB Midi Tower Case - Black
Total: £1,038.80 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Soldato
Not sure I'd want to spend 1k on a PC that would need upgrading again quite soon with only a 6/6 CPU but it is a terrible time to be buying PC parts now although if you shop about then there are better options available.

Back
Top Bottom