NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
Ive done some thinking on that part, would you think applying thermal pad or thermal pad + paste might bare better results in this case?

Not really no but I'm no expert I just tried a few different coolers, I'm using the Big Shuriken 3 now and that performed the best out of them all and I'm sticking with that, I think its more to do with the case air flow with the TG panel, in the tests I did top down coolers performed better than tower coolers

Re-reading that post I came across as a bit of a nob, sorry about that whoever it was in reply to it wasn't intentional

Associate
Once I finish building I'll try ryzen 5800x with paste vs pad on mugen 5. I'll also try using different fan speeds in 2-fan configuration to play with radiator pressure. Science ftw.

Associate
Hi all, have read most of these pages now and finally got to the end!

Have a case on order and like everyone can’t wait for stock to come in. Hoping to use it with a air cooler with the TG panel and just received a U9S today which I’ll try when I get the case but also already have a L12S as I’ve taken note of people saying top down coolers work well, specifically the Big shuriken 3. From reviews the L12S performs better than the BS3 so will be interesting to see how they both perform.

just need a cpu at some point and then when the case arrives, can get it built!

Soldato
The first time I get that board up I went across the board between the SSD and the cpu and then down below the ram. I hid the plug under the CPU coolers overhang. The second time I just ditched it as I realised I hadn’t used front panel audio in years.

Associate
Hey fellas, I've lurked on this thread for a while since I have an NR200 on perpetual backorder lol. I have made an account because I've come into possession of these two AIO's and I have no idea if I have room to install both of them;

ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240VGA GPU Liquid Cooler, will be going onto a reference 5700XT
Fractal Design Celsius S24 Blackout Liquid CPU Cooler, cooling a 5600X

Associate
The first time I get that board up I went across the board between the SSD and the cpu and then down below the ram. I hid the plug under the CPU coolers overhang. The second time I just ditched it as I realised I hadn’t used front panel audio in years.
I just let it lay on the m.2 heat sink the fuma is doing a great job by covering it

Soldato
Finished for now. 9900k @ 5ghz stays around 70 degrees in games using about 110-120 watts peak. Death Stranding is an exception where it peaks around 160-170w. CPU jumps into the 90s there. Other than the U12a I doubt there’s any other solution other than an AIO for 160W+.
E72-C95-EC-86-D0-4-FFD-A607-1-A27291-FEF08.jpg

Associate
Finished for now. 9900k @ 5ghz stays around 70 degrees in games using about 110-120 watts peak. Death Stranding is an exception where it peaks around 160-170w. CPU jumps into the 90s there. Other than the U12a I doubt there’s any other solution other than an AIO for 160W+.
E72-C95-EC-86-D0-4-FFD-A607-1-A27291-FEF08.jpg
do you intake from the back of the case?

Associate
Ph23EXb.jpg
I just finished my build
wasn't easy as I thought specially this is the first time I build a pc
I am intaking from the back of the case I just flipped the fans.
will test it and let u guys know

Associate
4RD5HHL.jpg

I have just updated the bios and boot to it, is this temperature normal I feel like I did a rookie mistake when installing the fuma 2, I am intaking from the back and the cooler in normal orientation I just flipped the fans.
I think my room temperature is mid twenty.

Associate
@tripkebab by any chance could you do a picture the back of you your monitor please.. as what monitor arm is that? and how much closer to the wall does it sit compare to the factory stand if you know lol :D

It's an Ergotron HX. Only nice looking arm that can take the weight. It does go further back than the stand but the main benifit is you get back all the desk space under the monitor.

EOFV7n1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom