• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Queue Position 1, 5600X

Associate
Just installed my 5600x. Trust me, it will be worth the wait. Just ran at stock for now, on 3dmark, and it outstrips my 3700x with 2 less cores.

Gonna try some P3D and fs2020 over the weekend (more reliant on fast single cores)

Soldato
So how come you move 44 places but I move just 26?? Both of us waiting for a 5800x, surely we should move toward the front of the queue at the same speed?

I'm also waiting for a 3080... now that'll be a painfully long wait :)
Ive had a few emails since I ordered on launch day - 310 was original placing (several days after order confirmation) , was yours an interim position? have no idea really

Associate
Just installed my 5600x. Trust me, it will be worth the wait. Just ran at stock for now, on 3dmark, and it outstrips my 3700x with 2 less cores.

Gonna try some P3D and fs2020 over the weekend (more reliant on fast single cores)

I'm in the same boat as you coming from a 3700X and wondering whether the loss in cores would be worth it. Sounds like you're happy with the jump?

Soldato
I'm in the same boat as you coming from a 3700X and wondering whether the loss in cores would be worth it. Sounds like you're happy with the jump?
It's really more of a sidegrade/slight loss in multithreaded, gains in gaming will be there but you need a high end GPU 3070+'and 1080p else even then it won't be noticeable.

Associate
It's really more of a sidegrade/slight loss in multithreaded, gains in gaming will be there but you need a high end GPU 3070+'and 1080p else even then it won't be noticeable.

Fair enough. Currently running 3440x1440p on a 1080ti so I think I'm pretty GPU bound at this point. Will stick with this for a bit longer then.

Soldato
You'd be lucky to get anything before Christmas tbh, same with the gpu's. Port problems mixed with scalpers and poor restock rates, seems like the rest of the world is getting good restock rates but UK. I'm seeing updates on rain forest for spain, italy and US sites daily but hardly anything for UK.

Soldato
Fair enough. Currently running 3440x1440p on a 1080ti so I think I'm pretty GPU bound at this point. Will stick with this for a bit longer then.
At that resolution putting the 300 quid towards a better GPU would be the best option.

Even one tier of GPU beats the performance uplift when going from zen 2 > zen 3 at 1440 or above.

Last edited:
Soldato
Moved 14 places in a week. That's pretty ****! :(
Don't think there's been any new stock in UK this week. The big drops are coming just before Christmas. With any luck all outstanding orders will be covered literally right on Christmas Eve... But festive logistics may push that out to New Year.

Associate
Honestly if there is no good news in this email I'm tempted to cancel my order and just get a 10700kf. They're going for around £320 atm

Soldato
Don't think there's been any new stock in UK this week. The big drops are coming just before Christmas. With any luck all outstanding orders will be covered literally right on Christmas Eve... But festive logistics may push that out to New Year.

What?? I bagged a 5600X yesterday at a compeditor for £320 so dont give up. I just clicked on tell me and they emailed me and i was in.

Associate
Didn't receive queue update email on Friday, but Saturday got "Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.". Should be here lunchtime today!!

My original queue position was 388.

Associate

I wonder when this ridiculous Brexit comes into effect if there will be any difference to these items coming into the country and the prices in future

Soldato
I wonder when this ridiculous Brexit comes into effect if there will be any difference to these items coming into the country and the prices in future
I doubt it since most PC parts are not made in Europe although costs might go up for shipping if they come in through road via the EU rather than direct boat by China.

I was looking at grabbing an arctic freezer II cooler before the end of the month though as those come from Germany.

Associate
Didn't receive queue update email on Friday, but Saturday got "Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.". Should be here lunchtime today!!

My original queue position was 388.
Didn't receive a queue update this Friday, nor anything else. :( I was #172 for a 5950X last week.

Back
Top Bottom