Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
This game keeps turning my xbox one x console off. its done it twice already. is anyone else getting this?

I think this is the last year I'm going to buy a call of duty game

I'm on a One X and getting the same. I've noticed it happens a lot more when in the Zombies menu and game compared to regular Multiplayer. Multiplayer is more likely to cause it to crash though.

Soldato
This game keeps turning my xbox one x console off. its done it twice already. is anyone else getting this?

I think this is the last year I'm going to buy a call of duty game

Yes, usually after a round has finished. I got told off by the wife last night for shouting. I would like to play the PC version to see if the aim is as weird as it is using a k&m on xbox. It's buggier on xbox than any PC game I've ever played, that's awful or £60.

Soldato
I'm on a One X and getting the same. I've noticed it happens a lot more when in the Zombies menu and game compared to regular Multiplayer. Multiplayer is more likely to cause it to crash though.

I had that a lot when I was mistakenly playing the standard, non-x optimised version. Have had the off issue since, but I'm still able to get more use out of it than I ever did MW 2019

Soldato
Had it for a week, I should have stuck with my initial thoughts and not buy it. I caved because my COD playmate got it and I had a pang of FOMO, and now I'm ready to sell it on. SBMM is my biggest gripe. Do your hardest and get a 2:1 game, or dare you even go 4:1 with a high SPM, and the next few lobbies you're in, you're sweating your hardest just to keep head above water with just above a 1:1 ratio.

Also doesn't help that there's so few maps

Just too much hard work to have fun and focus on some challenges.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my initial feeling about something being really off seems to have been my mouse and not the game. I wanted to update my headset firmware and thought I'd plug the mouse in to have a look. Steelseries engine app said the damn thing was set to 2000dpi as standard. I brought it down to 500dpi and set the in-game controls to default, now it feels much better, I can actually win 1 on 1 gunfights with the Krig now rather than never getting the kill. I've also set the mouse to a nice green colour to match the xbox (because I still think I'm 12).

Still crashes after the rounds though and the prestige roundel thing still reports incorrectly. I'm at Level 92 now so nearly Prestige 3. Might sack it off after that and play Cyberpunk for a bit.

Soldato
This game is unplayable for me. I'm on SX and everytime i ADS it sort of hangs for a half second and is really juddery. It's ridiculous they can launch a game that you can't even play. Can't get a refund because I've played it. Whole thing is a joke. I really hope they fix it in this season 1 patch

Soldato
I'm surprised the bugs have lasted this long really. I reached level 100 prestige 3 and it now tells me i've levelled up after every round, (if it doesn't crash of course). I'm also bored stiff of the KRIG but want to get gold before I try another sprayer.

Soldato
I created a second account, and reverse boosted the crap out of it for 5 rounds, just to check whether or not I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. The difference is night and day.

Now, I'm not promoting the idea, nor do I want all my lobbies always full of turkeys (I went 70+ kills and 20+ deaths with 1911 pistol), but never having the option on my actual account and having fun with an off-meta gun or camo grind, reconfirmed to me my decision to sell it off.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I created a second account, and reverse boosted the crap out of it for 5 rounds, just to check whether or not I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. The difference is night and day.

Now, I'm not promoting the idea, nor do I want all my lobbies full of turkeys (I went 70+ kills and 20+ deaths with 1911 pistol), but never having the option on my actual account and having fun with an off-meta gun or camo grind, reconfirmed to me my decision to sell it off.

Yeah because they're going to add a 'noob smashing' option for people as if that wouldn't get totally abused.

Soldato
Yeah because they're going to add a 'noob smashing' option for people as if that wouldn't get totally abused.

Not totally sure if it's a pop at me, or a pop at SBMM's easy manipulation? I'm assuming the latter.

I honestly believe that random lobbies is the only way to have a balanced experience, or at least not have the SBMM as aggressive as this one seems to be. I certainly never felt this during the last COD I played to death (BO4)

Soldato
Really don't get how you guys having so many issues, are you all running a series X? Does it happen certain way?

Am just genuinely curious as no problems on Series S

Back
Top Bottom