Case Recommendations - Thermal Issue

Associate
I have an issue where my machine is getting too hot, I recently moved and we have UF heating, the study it's in has a slightly higher ambient and I think it's tipped the temps over the edge.

I have:

8700K (NZXT Kraken X52 I think? 240MM One)
2080TI Strix
Rad front mounted, push/pull, 1x 140mm exhaust.

I messed around the other day checked all fans were working etc, the thermals of the case are sadly rubbish.

My GPU is hitting 80 odd, at 80 the fans ramp up, it cools, goes quiet, hits 80 again etc. I have played around with a custom fan curve which has helped a bit, but it's louder than I want it.

CPU temps are all fine.

Sadly there's not much in stock at the moment so options seem limited.

Option A) Buy a new case - Lian Li Dynamic 011D, like the look of it, but out of stock and not keen on the AIO looking weird as it's not a 360 and having to buy a load of fans which seems to cost more than the case itself.

Option B) Decent airflow case, ignore aesthetics?

Option C) Water - hesitant about this as take the PC to LANs.

Are there any AIO that fit these cards?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks

Associate
You can use fan spacers to raise fan height, so your 240mm rad wouldn't look weird. Essentially, you could mount an extra fan at the same height

There's also the O11D mini you could consider, not sure if there are slightly different cooling options with that

Associate
Arctic do a range of pwm pst fans that are none rgb, and are great performers, and won't hole your finances if you need a butt load of fans for rads, etc. They even have one of the best performing aios at a decent price too if you can find it in stock.
Your gpu heating up is going to need better access to airflow within the case, I would opt for a good looking aircooled case, Gamers Nexus have some seriously detailed reviews and just did a round up for 2020 cases.
One question, do you have your pc on the floor, or on your desk/a stand? You may lower the temps if you get it off the floor.

Back
Top Bottom