• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
now now, they cant even get a good trade deal with eu, hench us crashing out with a no deal....
Nothing has been set for the 1st of January so when these new GPU cards arrive in our ports, then what? what is the rule? how much stamp duty, tax etc etc do we pay? whats the process?

O and those goods come from fankfurt etc btw so yea how will that work?

See what i mean? A no deal is suicide. We aint getting no gpu's at the turn of the year!!

Its all well and good my man, but that's no issue for me as I already have a card.. its people looking them post 1 Jan that need to pay attention here (concerning GPU's - I know it will effect most other things too).

Associate
its cheaper for shipments to come into mainland europe and then distributed around europe(including uk) Now we will ask it to be shipped directly to UK.. how?

shipments come in boats generally and good luck routing a boat from asia or india region to go just directly to the UK....

This is why its quicker and cheaper to route all trading to the main ports in mainland europe and then distribute it all over.

Also, 1st of Jan is when we are officially out of EU,

Right at this moment in time we are still in the EU lol

We have numerous ships from Asia docking at our ports already, and I should know, I live right next to one. It could be done, the shipments would just need to be on the right vessel at the right time.

Also, please read this, it should clear up any confusion you have regarding Brexit. We left in January of this year, what you are referring to is the regulatory transition period, which is not EU membership. ;)

Soldato
Why? Spot checks aside, if it's like the oil industry up here it all gets dealt with by the recipient.

He has a point but it depends on where the stock lands first.

If it lands at a UK port first, its the EU who will get the slow down when the stock is move to the mainland. Same if it goes the other way - there may be a slowdown due to movement between the UK and mainland potentially being slower

Associate
Why? Spot checks aside, if it's like the oil industry up here it all gets dealt with by the recipient.

It's one of the latest threats bandied around by the EU and their useful idiots, like Macron and his sabre rattling over UK waters. In reality, there are no practical reasons for chaos at our ports, other than the EU being childish, or our ports deliberately screwing their own country.

If the EU can trade efficiently with non EU members, then they can trade with us in exactly the same way. They don't want to, because they want to punish us for leaving the bloc. It's ideology, pure and simple.

Associate
Yeah it didnt harm Canada and they arent exactly a european region and seem to get many benefits without being scorned - like you say they just want to make an example of punishing states that want to leave so it puts others off. Either way its happening so prepare for some **** deals in some way shape or form.

It's fine, if the gouging really kicks into high gear, then I'll just exercise one of the wonderful benefits of capitalism... I won't buy their ****. :D

Associate
Cyberpunk 2077 performance preview and initial impressions is out at Tom's Hardware!
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

1080p Ultra, RT: The RTX 3060 Ti still came up just short of 60 fps using DLSS Quality mode.
1080p Ultra, RT, DLSS: The RTX 3070 and above (which should include RTX 2080 Ti) can break 60 fps with DLSS Quality.
1440p Ultra, No RT: Needs one of the three fastest graphics cards (RTX 3080/3090/RX 6800XT) to break 60 fps.
1440p Ultra, RT: Once ray tracing is enabled, even with the lesser RT Medium preset, not even the 3090 can break 60 fps, at least at native rendering.
1440p Ultra, RT, DLSS: You'll actually need to drop to the Balanced or Performance mode to break 60 fps on anything below the 3090.
1440p Ultra, RT, DLSS: Not sure the RTX 3070 can get 60 fps even with Performance mode.
4K Ultra, RT, DLSS: The fact that none of the cards could hit 60 fps at native 4K ultra shouldn't come as a shock.
"All of these results are without the planned day-0 patch, so things could still improve"

Last edited:
Associate
Cyberpunk 2077 performance preview and initial impressions is out at Tom's Hardware!
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

1080p Ultra, RT: The RTX 3060 Ti still came up just short of 60 fps using DLSS Quality mode.
1080p Ultra, RT, DLSS: The RTX 3070 and above (which should include RTX 2080 Ti) can break 60 fps with DLSS Quality.
1440p Ultra, No RT: Needs one of the three fastest graphics cards (RTX 3080/3090/RX 6800XT) to break 60 fps.
1440p Ultra, RT: Once ray tracing is enabled, even with the lesser RT Medium preset, not even the 3090 can break 60 fps, at least at native rendering.
1440p Ultra, RT, DLSS: You'll actually need to drop to the Balanced or Performance mode to break 60 fps on anything below the 3090.
1440p Ultra, RT, DLSS: Not sure the RTX 3070 can get 60 fps even with Performance mode.
4K Ultra, RT, DLSS: The fact that none of the cards could hit 60 fps at native 4K ultra shouldn't come as a shock.
"All of these results are without the planned day-0 patch, so things could still improve"

Looks like I'm going to be downscaling to 1440p with this absolute monster of a game! :eek:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Dont forget, once we are out of the EU, stock coming in from abroad will take ages to clear in the ports.

There is already a strain of stuff coming from the ports. They are having to fly the vaccines via army planes for example.

Its mental really and expect even more delays and scarse in everything we import

Time to clear ports might make an impact in week 1, but after that a steady flow into the port should result in a steady flow out of the port irrelevant of the transit time through the port.

Associate
Pretty glad I went Nvidia looking at those Cyberpunk benchmarks... Looks to be newrly unplayable without DLSS at higher resolutions... lololol

Soldato
Pretty glad I went Nvidia looking at those Cyberpunk benchmarks... Looks to be newrly unplayable without DLSS at higher resolutions... lololol
Say what you want about DLSS previously but with DLSS 2.0 improvements to image quality and the number of games it's appeared in this winter it is the deciding factor for me as a 4k gamer.

My games that I'm playing this winter on PC are Watch Dogs Legion (finished), Death Stranding (yes not new release), Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Call of Duty Cold War and Cyberpunk 2077 and 4/5 of those have it and make a noticeable difference to image quality and performance over if I had an AMD equivalent. I'm glad I have it.

Soldato
Probs be a number of settings you can tweak down from the ultra preset for little impact I expect, but decent gain in performance. Expect to see optimisation guides out not too longer after with impact of each setting.

Soldato
The big frustration for me is this wait for cards and shortages means that by the time they are in proper circulation and we get them in our hands the launch would have been almost 6 months ago and the next big thing will start to be mentioned on the horizon.

In other words you pay for a card to be on the most current tech for lets say two years but this time round you will pay for it and only get 18 months having the most current GPU. :o

Back
Top Bottom