**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
So I have my G2 and my 3080, Vr later this month,
I'm not very hopeful of getting a good experience if I'm honest,
Given how many compromises I have to make in other sims like racing games and Elite Dangerous, I think this game will bring my system to its knees lol,
Will see though :)

Associate
Anyone use the Logitech G X56? I’m doing a bit of research on controllers and wondered if anyone had any opinions on this set?
I have the X56 Rhino, it's sturdy and works really well. The stick buttons on the top are quite high and I had to cut some packing foam to add to the wrist rest as had to stretch my fingers a bit. The throttle is a bit stiff, think it's the grease in it, but a couple of moves back and forward and it's fine. I'm happy with mine

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Given how many compromises I have to make in other sims like racing games and Elite Dangerous, I think this game will bring my system to its knees lol,

agreed.
Doesn’t seem to run that well even on a monitor, so VR is going to be interesting.
Have to say, I was surprised that it was a DX11 engine.

Soldato
It seems they are very happy with the VR beta feedback, which suggests they must have some suitably low performance options in place that people with current GPUs can at least run it... how they achieve it will be interesting to find out and I'm looking forward to the VR specific developer video on the 18th.

@Mr_Sukebe DX12 is coming, I saw an interview a while back where they mentioned when they started Dev, DX12 wasn't really an option. I think some of the performance wins of DX12U features could be significant around things like VRS, Sampler feedback, Mesh shading etc... hopefully the reason it's taken them so long to move over to DX12 is that they are doing a proper job of it to make all those optimisations available. Things on the CPU side are less clear, but the opportunity for significantly less draw calls must surely be a win.

Soldato
I have the X56 Rhino, it's sturdy and works really well. The stick buttons on the top are quite high and I had to cut some packing foam to add to the wrist rest as had to stretch my fingers a bit. The throttle is a bit stiff, think it's the grease in it, but a couple of moves back and forward and it's fine. I'm happy with mine
Thanks. It looks like a good piece of kit and seems to score well in reviews. Hopefully when I get the spare room back (being used as an office by the wife) I can get a nice setup in there

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It seems they are very happy with the VR beta feedback, which suggests they must have some suitably low performance options in place that people with current GPUs can at least run it... how they achieve it will be interesting to find out and I'm looking forward to the VR specific developer video on the 18th.

@Mr_Sukebe DX12 is coming, I saw an interview a while back where they mentioned when they started Dev, DX12 wasn't really an option. I think some of the performance wins of DX12U features could be significant around things like VRS, Sampler feedback, Mesh shading etc... hopefully the reason it's taken them so long to move over to DX12 is that they are doing a proper job of it to make all those optimisations available. Things on the CPU side are less clear, but the opportunity for significantly less draw calls must surely be a win.

As you say, we can but hope...

Man of Honour

My new build including the G2 is now ready and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by what we get. :)

Soldato
Finally got around to getting my Simshaker to work with FS2020 yesterday. That's a nice help.
For anyone who's having a problem, you need to install a SimConnect.msi.

Just bought the sound module, been using the simshaker wings for a while - any more info on how you sort this?

edit - got the thing running but there seems to be no way to edit strength or turn on/off individual effects as there is in the simshaker wings... If i turn on effects monitor under view i can see which effects are activating and they are turned on all at 50% but can't edit there.

Do I have to edit each soundfile or is there a section I'm missing? Only DCS seems to give the option to adjust individual effects. The g-force effects are driving me bonkers.

double edit - had to refresh SSA to get the generic types to show up, nevermind!

Last edited:
Soldato
458.jpg

I'm on IVAO tonight doing Gatwick Tower ATC... be flying on there shortly through MSFS and the 32NX mod!

Soldato
That's awesome. I'd fall to pieces doing that job. I've not even plucked up the courage to fly online with ATC yet!

IVAO Is a good place to start, I do fly on VATSIM when I fancy online ATC (I don't always!) And I'm waiting to get their OBS1 for ATC training but they don't come round often on there.

With online ATC I will always recommend listening in to ATC from an airport stane on IVAO or Vatsim so you get an idea of what to expect. I'll be doing some Gatwick Twitch streams of ATC in the next couple of weeks too. But there's loads of guys that do VATSIM ATC Streams. HazControl is about the best out there. He does mostly center control but does some EGLL Tower too.

I do all my online ATC on IVAO as you can almost learn as you go but having watched countless streams and studied im working toward Aerodrome Controller (I'm an AS3/Advanced Trainee) ATM with view of becoming a Center controller.

But AS3 allows me to open any tower position and control. Gatwick is by far my favorite.

Associate

I have a G2 and 3090 and VR is mind blowing. Can't emphasise enough how good it is. I presume your 3080 won't be far off my 3090. Can't give too much away but you'll be impressed. Personally I won't ever play it on a monitor again.

Soldato
I have a G2 and 3090 and VR is mind blowing. Can't emphasise enough how good it is. I presume your 3080 won't be far off my 3090. Can't give too much away but you'll be impressed. Personally I won't ever play it on a monitor again.

I have a G2 but not in the VR alpha(beta?), patiently waiting for the 22nd but I know for a fact my 1080 is going to struggle.

Back
Top Bottom