Anything like Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

Soldato
I enjoyed playing this last year.

Before I buy it and play it again, is there anything else similar/better?

Pros;
Not too gory, can be played in the lounge
Pace is what you make it
The puzzle tombs are fun
Nice visuals

Associate
I'd recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. The visuals and exploration are excellent and you can explore at your own pace. As for lack of gore, the majority of combat is against robotic animals. While not puzzle focused there are a few.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. The visuals and exploration are excellent and you can explore at your own pace. As for lack of gore, the majority of combat is against robotic animals. While not puzzle focsed there are a few.

I second this. There's also a fantasic sense of mystery in the game that had me completely gripped from start to finish as I wanted to find out why the world was the way it was. And unlike Tomb Raider the various climbing puzzles aren't frustrating.

Soldato
I second this. There's also a fantasic sense of mystery in the game that had me completely gripped from start to finish as I wanted to find out why the world was the way it was. And unlike Tomb Raider the various climbing puzzles aren't frustrating.
Me too, I collected all the audio things just to see the story out.

Soldato
Try QUBE2 or Deliver Us The Moon, and The Talos Principle. Not quite like Tomb Raider but would fit your criteria. And of course Portal 1&2 if you haven't played them.

Soldato
Try QUBE2 or Deliver Us The Moon, and The Talos Principle. Not quite like Tomb Raider but would fit your criteria. And of course Portal 1&2 if you haven't played them.

The Talos Principle is such a great game, seriously challenging and relaxing at the same time. More akin to Portal than Tomb Raider though.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I'd recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. The visuals and exploration are excellent and you can explore at your own pace. As for lack of gore, the majority of combat is against robotic animals. While not puzzle focused there are a few.

I was going to say the same. Play HZD including the Frozen Wilds DLC. Superior to the Tomb Raider games too.

Soldato
It’s a damn shame Naughty Dog never brought Uncharted to PC

I'm still holding out hope! Uncharted is a great series, I loved number 4 and I wish Tomb Raider was more like it. The latest Tomb Raiders take them selves too seriously, I can't get into them, where as Uncharted is just fun, it knows it's meant to be fun and cinematic and does so in a great way.

Back
Top Bottom