Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Greetings, is it really true you need to flash the bios for the dark hero if you combine it with a 5000 series cpu? That was one of the reasons i wanted it hehe, im still a layman and im hearing lots of hassles going on when doing a bios flash..might as well just go for the hero. I’ve completed the hunt for my 5900x ( and other elusive electronics like the ps5) but maybe i shouldnt bother with this one.

It's def not worth the premium if you only wanted it just not to flash a bios.

It's pretty much just press one button to flash a bios onto any of the 500 series boards. I'm sure if you had issues with the instructions, opening up a thread people would happily walk you through it.

Associate
i see on one UK site that the crosshair dark hero is due in stock tomorrow, still no mention of anything on Overclockers, hope i got my pre-order in quick enough to be part of the first shipment

Associate
The censorship on this forum is insane, even when it’s not about competitor links. It’s clear if you speak the truth, or anything that might provoke other customers to open their eyes to being treated poorly, you get silenced.

Associate
i see on one UK site that the crosshair dark hero is due in stock tomorrow, still no mention of anything on Overclockers, hope i got my pre-order in quick enough to be part of the first shipment

Any idea on how long the preorder has been up? I have only been checking sites that have a webpage for the product up so only preordered it after you typed that, so I am trying to hazard a guess how far back I am

Associate
Any idea on how long the preorder has been up? I have only been checking sites that have a webpage for the product up so only preordered it after you typed that, so I am trying to hazard a guess how far back I am
went up some time this morning, my pre-order went in at 10:52

Last edited:
Associate
One thing I found interesting was the MSRP at $399, be interesting what the price is in the UK.

Its around 0.75 dollars to the pound right now, the £ has been strong for a while now vs the $. The $399 RRP converted into £££ with 20% VAT on top AND an insanely generous £25 handling/shipping fee per unit still only comes to around £384.1.

We are being ripped off due to the fact they know we want it, they know new cpu and gpu are out and people are system building etc etc. It's just a good old fashioned gouge....

Associate
Its around 0.75 dollars to the pound right now, the £ has been strong for a while now vs the $. The $399 RRP converted into £££ with 20% VAT on top AND an insanely generous £25 handling/shipping fee per unit still only comes to around £384.1.

We are being ripped off due to the fact they know we want it, they know new cpu and gpu are out and people are system building etc etc. It's just a good old fashioned gouge....

it's going to be > £400, probably closer to £450 if you want one quickly before prices and quantity stabalise.

Associate
Well im not liking the look of that lol I'm about half 1

No worries. I’m 13:42. I should have just ordered this morning when I saw it although wasn’t keen on handing over cash again with no idea of when stock might be coming. The update changed my mind though.

I’m hoping demand isn’t too high for this one.

Associate
Just got my order in too, who knows if this will put me at the back of a queue to receive it in April...

But have really been wanting this motherboard as the centrepiece of my build and with no news on other options, an indeterminate pre-order seems better than nothing :rolleyes:

Associate
will be interesting to see if they do receive this tomorrow, presume their stock system knows when it is coming from the distributor as the standard hero viii on the site were due to arrive on the 1st december but haven't arrived.

Associate
will be interesting to see if they do receive this tomorrow, presume their stock system knows when it is coming from the distributor as the standard hero viii on the site were due to arrive on the 1st december but haven't arrived.
It's like waiting for a train, "due tomorrow" and then tomorrow it conveniently changes to the next day etc...

Associate
God damnit I check this morning and saw nothing, just ordered one but got a bunch of stuff on order that constantly gets pushed back

Back
Top Bottom