• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Expand please. I'm considering the steelseries 7P. I have old gen 1 astro a50s atm.

So on games with some big explosions or rumbles it sounded very distorted and terrible. Not sure if you play Destiny 2 but there is a void grenade and it sounded like one big distorted mess but fine on my Fidelio X2S.
I found out that the distortion was eliminated by changing the headphone volume slider on the ps5 to 75% though. The Fidelios never were distorted at any volume but even with 75% in the PS, the 7P will still go louder than I'd want to listen at.
There might be a 2 week old pair in the members market very soon ;)

@TallPaul_S I see you stalking me! Didn't even register that was you lol. Does that mean you are getting a set too?
Actually you already said you are, I need glasses.

Last edited:
Associate
Same for me with Shopto. I ordered the PS5,MM and dualsense bundle on Thursday and I’m stuck on processing.
They took the money on Friday which surprised me as I only thought they could do that just before delivery.
Same for me with Shopto. I ordered the PS5,MM and dualsense bundle on Thursday and I’m stuck on processing.
They took the money on Friday which surprised me as I only thought they could do that just before delivery.

Very and currys take money instantly as well, I think last delivery dates are dec 19th from most places so you should be ok.

Associate
My 5th and final ps5 is dispatched for delivery today from currys. Got to say this has be a real ball ache.

Nephew caused it as I asked him before pre orders went live did he want one for Christmas. He said no as he’s getting golf clubs plus his pc upgraded. I did order one for release day just in case but again he said he didn’t want one so I sold it to a friend at work for her son.

Cue day before release and my sister calls asking if I can get a ps5 for him as he now wants one for Christmas. I used the curry’s glitch which I was sure would be cancelled so also ordered on on EE. I technically shouldn’t have been able to as I’m sim only. I managed to get both a disc and digital from amazon which was delivered last week, one for my nephew and the digital went to my sisters friend. EE one turned up Monday which I sold to a m8 at work. The curry’s one I was tempted to sell to cex for £200 profit but don’t feel right about it so selling to someone from my footy team. My credit card can now take a rest but I do now have £25 amazon vouchers from the points I got.

Caporegime
My 5th and final ps5 is dispatched for delivery today from currys. Got to say this has be a real ball ache.

Nephew caused it as I asked him before pre orders went live did he want one for Christmas. He said no as he’s getting golf clubs plus his pc upgraded. I did order one for release day just in case but again he said he didn’t want one so I sold it to a friend at work for her son.

Cue day before release and my sister calls asking if I can get a ps5 for him as he now wants one for Christmas. I used the curry’s glitch which I was sure would be cancelled so also ordered on on EE. I technically shouldn’t have been able to as I’m sim only. I managed to get both a disc and digital from amazon which was delivered last week, one for my nephew and the digital went to my sisters friend. EE one turned up Monday which I sold to a m8 at work. The curry’s one I was tempted to sell to cex for £200 profit but don’t feel right about it so selling to someone from my footy team. My credit card can now take a rest but I do now have £25 amazon vouchers from the points I got.
Your 5th PS5 was a ballache? Ahh, diddums, I'm sure the people who haven't got one yet are very sympathetic to your circumstances of ordering PS5's you don't need and then using exploits to get them and then consider selling them for profit.

Soldato
@TallPaul_S I see you stalking me! Didn't even register that was you lol. Does that mean you are getting a set too?
Actually you already said you are, I need glasses.
Haha, not stalking, just saw the same messages in both threads. i only joined head-fi for the Penrose thread tbh! Ordered a pair a few weeks back after trying and failing to get a set of Pulse 3D, then umming and erring on the Arctis 7P/Corsair Virtuoso.

My DT990 pro via the dualsense 3.5mm port is actually OK, and apparently the dualsense mic is pretty clear according to mates on Warzone, looking forward to my first pair of Planar magnetic headphones though! Started off with Fidelio X1's 7 years ago, DT990 pro 250ohm in May this year, then the Penrose now.

Soldato
Yeah should be okay! Test a small bit first.

I'd take the covers off and try some on the inside first, should be ok but who knows with these things?

Nearly finished Days Gone, decent game and can't complain with it being included with PS+

The question now is, Ass Creed Valhalla? (It's sitting there installed, updated and has not been fired up yet) or Cyberpunk 2077?

Soldato
I'd take the covers off and try some on the inside first, should be ok but who knows with these things?

Nearly finished Days Gone, decent game and can't complain with it being included with PS+

The question now is, Ass Creed Valhalla? (It's sitting there installed, updated and has not been fired up yet) or Cyberpunk 2077?
How many hours is the story for Days Gone? Started it but got side tracked with Spiderman Remastered, then Borderlands 3, then God of War... :o:D

Soldato
Yeah should be okay! Test a small bit first.

Good shout and thanks both; took the panels off and discovered the staining had crept inside too.

With the glasses cleaner spray it came off a treat on the inside, but the texture is different.

PS5 didn't seem to mind being doused in the stuff, for what it's worth.

Came up a touch better than I could with a damp cloth on the disk tray side of the console, but still not perfect. It'll bug me until I can get it changed...

Before and after:

YZy4Fp6l.jpg

NYJz8e7l.jpg

Before and after (appreciate you can barely tell, one of those things where I know it's there):

b7WhbeMl.jpg

PtTN4s4l.jpg

Soldato
Looks much better though. I have some 99.99% IPA at home that gets rid of most things. Stings your fingers though if you got any cuts :)

Quality stuff then! :D

I might venture down that path next if it bothers me enough. Can't believe how easy it is to remove the panels though, looking forward to some special editions in the future.

Soldato
Quality stuff then! :D

I might venture down that path next if it bothers me enough. Can't believe how easy it is to remove the panels though, looking forward to some special editions in the future.
How do you remove them. From the direction of the lugs in your pics do you just lay it on its side and pull downwards towards the bottom or is there more to it than that?

Looks pretty spotless from those pics too. Those candles must've been spewing out some crap!

Associate
Anyone purchased from Game on the 3rd just received their 'despatch' email? Inverted commas because the despatch email has no tracking number, haven't ordered from Game in a long time so was wondering if this was normal. I'm fully not expecting anything until the 24th.

Soldato
How many hours is the story for Days Gone? Started it but got side tracked with Spiderman Remastered, then Borderlands 3, then God of War... :o:D
I'd like to know this too. I started it the other day and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Runs well and looks great. Went back to Valhalla but I don't think I'm ready for another 50+ hour game after playing Origins and Odyssey back to back.

Associate
Anyone purchased from Game on the 3rd just received their 'despatch' email? Inverted commas because the despatch email has no tracking number, haven't ordered from Game in a long time so was wondering if this was normal. I'm fully not expecting anything until the 24th.
I'm still waiting for them to take money from me at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom