*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Tom's Hardware have taken down their benchmarks, apparently at the request of CDPR.

Honestly not surprised, incredibly unfair of them to run benchmarks on a preview build which was confirmed to be pre performance increase patch. It was nice to see where that specific build was at, but I'd hazard a guess we can expect at least 15% increase in performance. TOTAL speculation, but with matched drivers and performance patch and no DRM, that's what I'd expect. 5% increase from all 3 sources.

Associate
Which one was Toms Hardwares one?

Edit : ah I see it, seems that they removed the benchmark results as they had no day 0/1 patch installed so the benchmarks werent applicable to what the user would actually see on release, so thats fair enough
They also had Denuvo on the review copy. Denuvo has been shown to cripple FPS in certain titles. Bulletstorm for example the minimum frame rate jumps some 26 FPS with Denuvo removed. The AVG FPS tends to be a much smaller climb of maybe 4 or 5, but it's the massive dips on the minimums that are most jarring anyway.
In testing it also seems to increase load times by an obscene amount

Man of Honour
All of this huff puff just because reviewers got angsty and rushed to release their review pre-patch and with DRM which won't feature on the public release so performance will be even better still.

We live in great times for instant access to stuff but also bad times because that instant expectation often translates to poor perception from the outlets we have grown to trust for reliable information.

Soldato
All of this huff puff just because reviewers got angsty and rushed to release their review pre-patch and with DRM which won't feature on the public release so performance will be even better still.

We live in great times for instant access to stuff but also bad times because that instant expectation often translates to poor perception from the outlets we have grown to trust for reliable information.

I expect day 1 release to be not much better than what the reviewers had. The keys for review were sent out pretty late, I can't imagine it's that old of a build.

Soldato

In 2 minds about this situation.

1) It's an absolute shame that those with the condition are unable to play safely and as such, it would be epic if there was an option along side the colour-blind options to 'limit' the flashing images or what have you.

2) The response stating this is borderline criminal... It's just absurd. So every single dev is now considered a criminal??? People really have nothing better to do in this day and age.

Soldato
2) The response stating this is borderline criminal... It's just absurd. So every single dev is now considered a criminal??? People really have nothing better to do in this day and age.
They're not saying it about every single dev though, are they? The sequence in question isn't just flashing lights that could be found in any game - it's nigh on identical to the sequence used to test for photosensitive epilepsy. That is, it's designed to induce a seizure.

Soldato
They're not saying it about every single dev though, are they? The sequence in question isn't just flashing lights that could be found in any game - it's nigh on identical to the sequence used to test for photosensitive epilepsy. That is, it's designed to induce a seizure.

My point is that, if a game has potentially epileptic educing scenes and DOESN'T have an option to remove that, they are seen as criminals? The outlash is stupid. Full stop. The issue at hand is genuine, but keyboard warriors over shadow the core issue.

As for 'designed to induce a seizure', are you saying that it's designed purposefully to cause people with epilepsy to have seizures? Because anyone making that claim is going down a very sketchy path which with a big enough public profile, is essentially accusing someone of a crime... Which in it's self, if the accusation is false, is a crime.

Again, a really sketchy line to walk. I imagine a warning will be apparent, if not, then that is the bare minimum should be in the game.

Soldato
If you suffer from epilepsy you might want to give this game a miss :eek:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

That's welcome. Thanks

I have epilepsy, I do have triggers but specific photosensitivity is not one of them (well as far as I know) however as with all things with my epilespy, who knows.

However, I try not to stop my life because of it as it has stopped my life so many times in the past.

As for the sending of trigger images and videos. It's abhorrent and there is a case ongoing in the States where the accused has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. they are ***** for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom