• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
As you are talking to MSI
sorry that update was from the distributor

And their CEO fell from a 7th story window a little while back!
I used to work for MSI, I knew him :(

Didn't he say he has been moving houses and that he is on leave? We can all imagine the stress of moving
Especially moving to a house with no bathroom thanks to a cowboy builder....

Associate
sorry that update was from the distributor

I used to work for MSI, I knew him :(

Especially moving to a house with no bathroom thanks to a cowboy builder....

You have no links to a MSI Rep? Happy to take up a convo with them..someone must be able to find out what's going on

Associate
Come on guys, I know that you are frustrated, you aren't alone but a bit less of the baseless negativity please :(. You know that there's an AMD launch today so it's not a surprise that Gibbo is focused on that. It's a bit busy.

In his defence, with regards the comments about more communication on the AMD CPU front, that's because AMD gave us notice that they were coming. The are shipping direct from their fabs so we have more notice.

We received some Gigabyte cards today, although we do appear to be "missing" a couple of boxes of 3090. It's not a major shock, sometimes Gigabyte send multiple POs across multiple pallets so things do get a bit mixed up. However, it's this sort of thing that causes us to be so vague on what's coming, because, until it's here and we've counted it, we don't trust anybody!

Today we had 10+ master and xtreme and a handful of the others.
We're expecting two more deliveries from them direct, over the next week, if all arrives we're looking at 20+ Eagle & Vision, 30ish Gaming OC (mostly second lot) and probably about 20ish more Master & Xtreme.

Sorry, the bulk still seems to be 3070.

I'm 15th in quene for 3080 GB Gaming OC, does that mean that i might get my card next week :)?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
You have no links to a MSI Rep? Happy to take up a convo with them..someone must be able to find out what's going on
It's not quite as bad as you made out, we got a whopping *sarcasm* 65 pcs last month (early admittedly), but I'd kill for that now. My most honest, blunt prediction is that we'll get between 10 & 20 pcs Ventus before Xmas. I struggle to explain why without pure speculation.

Associate
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i want my card wtf MSI gaming x trio please 3080

Associate
It was mentioned in this thread. Not Gibbo's. He doesn't seem to update that anymore.

I've just tried to find it but this thread's been hammered. I got as far back as Dec 4th but couldn't find it, I could easily have missed it though. If any body knows what's due in regards to the ASUS delivery I'd appreciate the info. That's of course if there is some kind of breakdown, if it just says there's an incoming ASUS delivery then never mind.

Associate
I've just tried to find it but this thread's been hammered. I got as far back as Dec 4th but couldn't find it, I could easily have missed it though. If any body knows what's due in regards to the ASUS delivery I'd appreciate the info. That's of course if there is some kind of breakdown, if it just says there's an incoming ASUS delivery then never mind.

A competitor is getting a delivery next week. Gleaning from ScottiB's comments, Asus deals primarily with the distributors and from there it goes to e-retailers like Overclockers.co.uk. Since the competitor is expecting a delayed shipment next week, I gather that's when OCUK is getting one as well.

Associate
@ScottiB

“Nobody at OcUK has the time to monitor the general forum threads and answer specific questions about specific orders, especially at this time of the year, but when the same question is asked multiple times every day, in the same thread, it's very tempting, and often necessary, to just start ignoring them.

I'm not picking at you specifically, there are hundreds of people following this thread and the number of repeated questions is bonkers. I've had to repeat myself at least six times in the last couple of hours in this one thread alone so I can definitely understand why Gibbo is reluctant to get involved every day.”

And yet Gibbo is on other forums talking about cars he is buying, most probably with the money from customers of OC, many of who are in this thread wondering where there order is?
Well at least for this week it has been said he is on leave , so in a way as much as it appears to suck , he pr
Come on guys, I know that you are frustrated, you aren't alone but a bit less of the baseless negativity please :(. You know that there's an AMD launch today so it's not a surprise that Gibbo is focused on that. It's a bit busy.

In his defence, with regards the comments about more communication on the AMD CPU front, that's because AMD gave us notice that they were coming. The are shipping direct from their fabs so we have more notice.

We received some Gigabyte cards today, although we do appear to be "missing" a couple of boxes of 3090. It's not a major shock, sometimes Gigabyte send multiple POs across multiple pallets so things do get a bit mixed up. However, it's this sort of thing that causes us to be so vague on what's coming, because, until it's here and we've counted it, we don't trust anybody!

Today we had 10+ master and xtreme and a handful of the others.
We're expecting two more deliveries from them direct, over the next week, if all arrives we're looking at 20+ Eagle & Vision, 30ish Gaming OC (mostly second lot) and probably about 20ish more Master & Xtreme.

Sorry, the bulk still seems to be 3070.
@scottieB Thank you for all the hard work you fit in helping with the slack from the situation.

When you say the bulk are 3070s does that include eagles? I'm like 12th for a 3080 eagle and naturally excited to hear there are meant to be some eagles in or coming in. :)

Last edited:
Associate
A competitor is getting a delivery next week. Gleaning from ScottiB's comments, Asus deals primarily with the distributors and from there it goes to e-retailers like Overclockers.co.uk. Since the competitor is expecting a delayed shipment next week, I gather that's when OCUK is getting one as well.
I said the same about the ventus. Competitors managed to get them in. one of which primarily is a clothes shop. Go figure once again oc has failed to get any stock GG

Associate
Yeh sorry mate. I was just trying to say that he could be in the hospital, it doesn't account for a whole company not updating its clientele. It's not like it's been a week over due. We're now closing in very quickly on month 3 with estimated deliver almost two months ago
No worries, Lets just hope we get some news soon.

Back
Top Bottom