• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Some of you guys should be happy for a bit of a wait anyhow with all the very obvious bugs in the motherboards out there with dealing with these new processors! A wait of a few extra days might actually be helpful at the moment whilst AMD and the board partners get their act into gear and sort out all the bugs. :)

Soldato
I couldn't wait anymore so I ordered a 5600x/MB from a competitor as I need to build this machine for a Christmas pressent. I nearly went with a 3600xt but managed to snag a 5600x etc finally..

Soldato
I lucked out today at the indian place for a 5900X, Asus TUF X570 Pro, 16GB DDR4 3000 and AIO bundle.

I keep the 5900X for my Aorus Pro X570 board, the RAM can go on sale to reduce costs a bit. My son's PC has an older X470 motherboard and 2700X that I was planning to replace anyway. So the sons PC can have the new motherboard, keep the 2700X for now and the AIO will replace his 2700X wraith cooler.

Soldato
Update on big shipment mentioned previously:

- 5950X around 100pc are due next week from the big shipment ahead of schedule, this will clear of all the backorders, so those who ordered 5950X will all get one before Christmas. :)
- 5900X the 300 units have arrived in our warehouse and will be booked in most likely end of this week / next week.
- 5800X 240 units are arriving ahead of schedule and should arrive this week and be booked in next week.
- 5600X a couple hundred units arrived on 4th December ahead of schedule and these have been shipped.

We expect more 5900, 5800 and 5600 to arrive ahead of schedule which we are hoping will mean our entire backlog of Ryzen 5000 shall be cleared before Christmas.

EDIT: Above is Gibbo's post copied here.

Soldato
Update on big shipment mentioned previously:

- 5950X around 100pc are due next week from the big shipment ahead of schedule, this will clear of all the backorders, so those who ordered 5950X will all get one before Christmas. :)
- 5900X the 300 units have arrived in our warehouse and will be booked in most likely end of this week / next week.
- 5800X 240 units are arriving ahead of schedule and should arrive this week and be booked in next week.
- 5600X a couple hundred units arrived on 4th December ahead of schedule and these have been shipped.

We expect more 5900, 5800 and 5600 to arrive ahead of schedule which we are hoping will mean our entire backlog of Ryzen 5000 shall be cleared before Christmas.

EDIT: Above is Gibbo's post copied here.

It's nice to see 5x00 stock starting to appear on the usual channels. I hope we end up with loads of burned scalpers.

Soldato
Wow they actually did.
Well then, I'm bloody angry now then. What's the point in a queue system if they just ignore it after taking your money? That's dodgy af and OCuk being silent is not helping.

That screen shot doesn't prove anything, other than A; an order was shipped with a 5900x (order number not present to verify), and B; an email of their queue position of 700ish for a 5900x (order number present).

Since I can't connect those to together directly, with the supplied information. I can also guess that they could have had TWO orders for a 5900x placed. One very early in the queue and another very late in the queue. Use the shipped from the early order, and use the queue email from the later order.

Only an enquiry by OCUK to verify that it was order 5945971, that was shipped on the 6th Dec 2020.

Associate
Shipping Confirmation on my 5800X from another supplier after finding it in stock earlier today, Delivery will be Thursday when I'm at home for CP2077, once received, my order for a 5900X here will be cancelled, and anyone 729 and above will get a 1 position bump (currently 728 as of yesterday)

Associate
Ok I managed to buy a processor 5950X from a well-known auction site for £823 as he or she was selling it for £850 with a valid VAT receipt I basically wrote to them asking them can they match the same price I would have to pre order from a well know e tailer for same money of £823 amazingly they wrote back with that offer so I paid at 3pm and it is dispatched ready to be delivered tomorrow that beats having to wait until January or even longer. I know it is £73 more than RRP but will those processors ever be able to be purchased for £750 at least I can sell my old processor and maybe take £450 off that price so I only paid £373 if that makes any logic as that is the actual price I paid when I recoup my moneys from selling my old processor. I know you will all say I’m mad paying that price but reality I don’t want to be waiting until next April before being able to buy a 5950X.

I notice a well-known E tailer is advertising basically thousands of bundles on a well known auction site with the 5950 chip attached no wonder they have no stock and are sold out as they can supply those bundles immediately basically getting rid of their old inventory I think but they are holding back these processors for their own manipulation of sending these processors with bundles why do that and not sell the processor to joe public I imagine this processor will be rather scarce for some time to come if you ask me, I was rather lucky today, I don’t think there is any game supplied with it though.

Associate
“ 5900X the 300 units have arrived in our warehouse and will be booked in most likely end of this week / next week”

Am I missing something here or have ocuk had cut backs on warehouse staff ?
I’ve got visions of one guy, called Malcom, running around all by himself sorting out stock.

Associate
“ 5900X the 300 units have arrived in our warehouse and will be booked in most likely end of this week / next week”

Am I missing something here or have ocuk had cut backs on warehouse staff ?
I’ve got visions of one guy, called Malcom, running around all by himself sorting out stock.

It's very vague. What does booked in even mean? Were the 95 that were delivered at the end of the last week from that 300?

Most likely end of the week / next week.

It's not like they've been holding our money and we're not in a rush to receive our product...

Associate
It's very vague. What does booked in even mean? Were the 95 that were delivered at the end of the last week from that 300?

Most likely end of the week / next week.

It's not like they've been holding our money and we're not in a rush to receive our product...

Much like the industry I work in, our suppliers call us with a booking in date , the pallets arrive then another internal system moves them into stock which can be in multiple areas is stocking space is low, and only then can they be issued out to delivery. Every step has to be followed exactly or either stock counts can go **** up or missing entirely.

Although I saw a few people get there orders from what I assumed was the 300, unless it was extra unaccounted/unexpected stock arrivals , which also does happen fsr to frequently in my line of work. Its a pain in the Royal A

Associate
Much like the industry I work in, our suppliers call us with a booking in date , the pallets arrive then another internal system moves them into stock which can be in multiple areas is stocking space is low, and only then can they be issued out to delivery. Every step has to be followed exactly or either stock counts can go **** up or missing entirely.

Although I saw a few people get there orders from what I assumed was the 300, unless it was extra unaccounted/unexpected stock arrivals , which also does happen fsr to frequently in my line of work. Its a pain in the Royal A

that's interesting. When i was a young pup studying i worked in a very busy warehouse and as soon as stock came in it was booked in, if the items were presold they went straight off for collection or delivery. I'm amazed stock can actually be there but it takes a week to get it out for delivery ha

Associate
that's interesting. When i was a young pup studying i worked in a very busy warehouse and as soon as stock came in it was booked in, if the items were presold they went straight off for collection or delivery. I'm amazed stock can actually be there but it takes a week to get it out for delivery ha

Shows just how busy they are compared to normal I guess :)

Associate

I'm sure every different company does internal things like that differently, some more efficient then others, but ultimately we're at the mercy of our retail systems and I can only imagine this has the possibility to be the same. Having said that I've never seen a particular item in my industry be in such high demand that it has to be any other way. Our high ticket items are ten fold what a cpu costs so demand is thus lower by cost association.

Back
Top Bottom