Football Manager 2020

Soldato
Does anyone play the Touch version instead? I wonder whether it's more like earlier versions in terms of detail, or whether it's completely dumbed down to a mobile game level. But not sure I can be bothered to install it to check myself! :D

Associate
Does anyone play the Touch version instead? I wonder whether it's more like earlier versions in terms of detail, or whether it's completely dumbed down to a mobile game level. But not sure I can be bothered to install it to check myself! :D

Id say its pretty comprehensive for a streamlined version of the game, it has a 3d match engine (albeit not very good), and from memory it doesnt have any team talk options, a smaller player database and a few other changes.
Its certainly not dumbed down to the mobile level, the "mobile" version is the dumbed down one.

Soldato
Id say its pretty comprehensive for a streamlined version of the game, it has a 3d match engine (albeit not very good), and from memory it doesnt have any team talk options, a smaller player database and a few other changes.
Its certainly not dumbed down to the mobile level, the "mobile" version is the dumbed down one.

Cheers. That all sounds perfect except the small player database bit. :)

Soldato
Cheers. That all sounds perfect except the small player database bit. :)
You can get a decent sized database by over-riding the default 3 nations, setting the database size to large and then adding in more leagues. Won't be as big as the full game but still a good size. The match engine is the same as the full game, but it still has issues and hasn't progressed that much over the years.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know FM21 is out but still playing FM 20.

Started unemployed - got job at Cambridge United....First season was a struggle but 2nd season got promoted from Sky Bet League 2.

Then had an unbelievable season in Sky Bet League 1 - won the Leasing.com trophy and won the league with 101 points!! Mental season - loads of youngsters in my team that just keep on improving at the time. Only one striker in on Loan from West Brom who scored 30 goals for me.

Ended up with 9 players in the team of the season!!

Cob

Cob

Soldato
The first thing I do is sack the director of football. Imma be in charge.

I’ve a week off work, and iRacing is on it’s week 13 lapse, so I’m trying to get Bolton back up the divisions. Won League 2 at a canter, but lost nearly £4 million in the process despite spending no money whatsoever on transfers. They’d cleared out any half valuable talent before I got there so it’s a bunch of kids with a couple of veterans on ridiculous contracts.

Going to be fun.

Soldato
Just signed Jack Wilshire on a free for £1500 a week. Still valued at £7m. In League 1.

Nice - I nearly got David Luiz for £5k a week - in League 1. He was retiring at the end of the season.... In the end I decided not to rock the boat bringing him in.

Back
Top Bottom