• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
And if Currys do eventually send your PS5 order its in a plastic bag so most will be damaged in transit.

Very nice! The packaging for PS5 is minimal airing on the side of environmentally friendly. Very glad I opted to pick mine up in person on release day from Smyths knowing that it would've been on a pallet all sealed up when delivered to the store.

Soldato
Had a good few hours with mine now, greatly enjoying the haptic feedback on triggers. Walking across glass in Astros Playroom gives teeny tiny vibrations then moving into grass is slower, gentlier(?) rumbles. I am very impressed, whisper quiet too.

Soldato
I'm a couple of hours into Spidey remastered and liking it a lot so far. Think I'll just spend some time swinging around doing all the radio towers and side quests etc to build up XP.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a good few hours with mine now, greatly enjoying the haptic feedback on triggers. Walking across glass in Astros Playroom gives teeny tiny vibrations then moving into grass is slower, gentlier(?) rumbles. I am very impressed, whisper quiet too.
Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback are two separate things, the triggers are best shown off in the rocket level imo.

Associate
Hoping to hear from ShopTo in next couple of days, like others mine still says processing. It is rather worrying though reading stories of gangs robbing trucks F&F style or drivers taking them. But local DPD guy is decent so hopefully will turn up lol.

As so many have said never know a console release like this generation, even accessories are a nightmare to get hold of.

Associate
Your 5th PS5 was a ballache? Ahh, diddums, I'm sure the people who haven't got one yet are very sympathetic to your circumstances of ordering PS5's you don't need and then using exploits to get them and then consider selling them for profit.

Wasn’t looking for sympathy, I didn’t say my 5th one was a ball ache. The ball ache was my nephew wanting one for Christmas at the last min. If he had said yes the 1st time I would have got him and my friend one for release day.

That left me scrambling around on release day like everyone else looking for one. I did use the glitch on curry’s but why shouldn’t I, I was aware enough to hear about it. I honestly didn’t expect the curry’s and EE orders to go though so that’s why I ordered on Amazon when I got the chance. The 2 spares I ended up with have been sold to friends at cost who couldn’t get hold of one.

DMG

DMG

Associate
Experienced my first crash today after quite a few hours of gameplay.

Happened just as I got the final Gold trophy in TLOU2 which then earned me the platinum. Had to press the button on the front of the console to turn it back on, controller wouldn’t respond. When I restarted the console a notification came up to say I had the platinum but didn’t show in my trophies list.

Now the final Gold and Platinum are nowhere to be seen despite me collecting everything in game, anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix this issue?

Soldato
Eurgh. You’re one of them... did you look him in the eye when taking his money?
I bought 1 and got the second unexpectedly with the curry’s order glitch. Would you turn down £350? Everyone I knew who wanted one had one so yeah I looked him in the eye we had a giggle. He said he’d put I on the next plastering job he does :p He got where I was coming from he was working 5 minutes away so he was happy.

Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t deliberately go looking for more to profiteer from. For me turning down £350 when everyone you know has one was never going to happen. I guess I’m one of those people to a certain extent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Collected mine with my son last night who also ordered one, both of us had bagged one in a batch of Tesco stock but it was hard work with the website constantly unresponsive.

First impressions are good, really enjoying Astro, the plunger gun is a joy on the new controller :)

Not actually got any proper ps5 games for it yet, did fire up last of us 2 which I have been playing on the ps4, nice to carry on with a console that wasn't at fans max!

Associate
My amazon delivery changed to on the way but maybe late and it also says delayed due to external factors. Let’s hope it hasn’t been stolen.

Soldato
Guys any rumours on stock anywhere?
I’m trying to get one still.

I managed to get a shop to order in last week however I got an email saying I tried to order more than one and they would charge me £20 and cancel my order! Which is completely false. The checkout failed for me 3 times with 2 different cards (bank blocked the transactions and called me later) and then I ended up using PayPal and it went through. I have raised a PayPal dispute.

There is literally no way to contact them - I’ve raised a ticket but they aren’t responding. Gutted.

Soldato
Guys any rumours on stock anywhere?
I’m trying to get one still.

I managed to get a shop to order in last week however I got an email saying I tried to order more than one and they would charge me £20 and cancel my order! Which is completely false. The checkout failed for me 3 times with 2 different cards (bank blocked the transactions and called me later) and then I ended up using PayPal and it went through. I have raised a PayPal dispute.

There is literally no way to contact them - I’ve raised a ticket but they aren’t responding. Gutted.
Best bet to get an indication is to go to Scan ( they seem to have removed that page) they have a transparent approach to it. Probably not the best place to get one but will give you an idea of when some might be available.

Also https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/ps5-pre-order-info-thread-subscribe-3544651 is a good source of info but its a wild thread which moves fast.

Soldato
Haha, not stalking, just saw the same messages in both threads. i only joined head-fi for the Penrose thread tbh! Ordered a pair a few weeks back after trying and failing to get a set of Pulse 3D, then umming and erring on the Arctis 7P/Corsair Virtuoso.

My DT990 pro via the dualsense 3.5mm port is actually OK, and apparently the dualsense mic is pretty clear according to mates on Warzone, looking forward to my first pair of Planar magnetic headphones though! Started off with Fidelio X1's 7 years ago, DT990 pro 250ohm in May this year, then the Penrose now.

I've cancelled my order. Far too many reports of the same issues and I'm simply not prepared to risk it for such a pricey headset. I may consider them in future after a few updates even if I end up paying more. I'd rather that than have a set sat there waiting until I can use them properly.

Back
Top Bottom