*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Decided to watch the trailer since people are praising it so heavily above, first bit of content for the game I've watched other than the original teaser and the E3 where they had Keanu. Gosh the graphics have been downgraded from the E3 one pretty fierce haven't they? I guess it's not that surprising as the E3 one was pre-rendered.

Loving the aesthetic and feel of the environments shown, pretty much what I had in mind from the genre and if the game itself is good to back it up seems like it could be pretty cool. A bit letdown by the graphics though tbh, assuming they would really put the absolute best they can muster in the trailer. I suppose that's why they have strictly forbidden any of the reviewers to use their own recorded footage, and totally sandbagged consol reviews, in case it looks even worse than that. I'm sure the photo mode will up things a bit and make for some great screenshots though

They done the same with witcher 3 but with a HD mod and a lighting mod its practically there.

Soldato
You're upset the in game graphics don't compare to a pre rendered video? Not sure I follow that logic.

Well the E3 presentation was (as usual) presented as if it was at least partly game graphics, and it obviously wasn't looking at the finished product. Go back and watch it for yourself if you like

Soldato
I'm more than happy to pay £50 for a AAA game like this - not games like Fifa/COD that release every year.

The amount of work that goes into it is unreal.

This is the most I have ever paid for a game. Before it was RDR2 at £42 but I got that off CDkeys.

I wanted it on steam so if it is not workable for me I can refund, plus I have access to the overlay.

Associate
Quick question ....

This will be the first game I've used GOG Galaxy for. I've downloaded/installed the preload but will the game update when the patch is available on it's own (if left open obviously) or do I need to be around to click 'update' or something?

Thanks

Soldato
Anybody else going to be running this on a 1080ti and missing out on RTX?

*cries in peasant*

Yep, right here. Also rocking that sweet, sweet 3930k, only what... 7 generations out of date now?

2021 could be the year of the monster upgrade. Full new system with NVME SSD for main stuff, and keep the older 250/500 SSD's for less demanding games. Can't go back to having spinning rust in my main system ever again.

Soldato
GOG really need to get rid of that CAPTCHA verification.

Click on the images that contain a bus, *clicks images* ....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain a fire hydrant, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain cars, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain crosswalks, *clicks images* .....Correct, but we want you to try again anyway.

:(

Soldato

They're not official until Nvidia post them. Which they have not.

Here is the Nvidia article they quote

The new article posted by NVIDIA today did not have any performance charts for Cyberpunk 2077, but for the other 5 games that received the DLSS update, it did. With some ingenuity, we were able to find the missing chart, which appears to feature three graphics cards.

Don't get me wrong, this game will be very very taxing on cards but until we have the new patch and retested without the DRM then I am taking everything with a pinch of salt.

Edit: link added

Last edited:
Associate
GOG really need to get rid of that CAPTCHA verification.

Click on the images that contain a bus, *clicks images* ....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain a fire hydrant, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain cars, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain crosswalks, *clicks images* .....Correct, but we want you to try again anyway.

:(

I would start to worry that I was an android.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
nVidia pulled them off because it didn't represent what release day players would experience after day 1 patch. Just like Tom's hardware numbers were pulled for the same reason. This is fine and the screens should not be published. Nvidia have not even release a game ready driver for it yet lol so how can it be fair too.

nVidia release a game ready driver for every AAA title.

Anyone else going to hold of for a few months ? Kinda feel like I’ve waited so long I can wait a little longer for all the so called bugs to be fixed! I really want to love this game but I don’t think I can handle bug after bug... I’m going to wait it out for a few months anyone else ?

Always.

No point playing now with bugs when you can wait for all the BETA testers to do their job :D

Back
Top Bottom