Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
No confirmation bias at all. I wanted to wait for the next gen patch regardless anyway.

PCgamer is the one that made me sit up and take notice. I normally quite like their reviews, and if they only think its worth 78% then i'm going to be wary of the game. It does seem like some people's views of the game have been tainted by the bugs though, so waiting for all the bugs to be fixed seems like the right way to go.
Did you just take their number score at face value, or did you read WHY the reviewer (who is known to be a turd) gave it that? Because if you read it you'd see he dropped marks for dumb stuff

Associate
I'm getting the game but I stand by what I said, I still find it dubious they didn't let reviewers show there own game play footage. I'm positive they didn't do that with any of the Witcher games

I can see why they would tell them to avoid certain aspects,plot points etc.

Same way I get embargo generally.

Whilst I didn't enjoy the Witcher series, it was well made in many many aspects, I only didn't like it cause I don't really enjoy the setting that it's in.
Actually curious now because I don't remember how Witcher reviews worked.

I can see how it looks weird not having reviewers show footage, if it was any other company like say a Bethesda type studio, I'd be more concerned. I think it could also have something to do with the day 1 patch?

The Witcher 3 for me was quite a leap not in technical performance but because I felt video games were in a rut, cliché plots, unfinished games, lack of reason to revisit but CDPR really delivered a game that did everything. Yeah prob wasn't for everyone but like you mentioned you could see all the aspects that made it great which is why I probably feel comfortable knowing Cyberpunk will deliver. The world, style of CP really interest me, It's weird because I feel video games(at least AAA titles) are in that same rut they were in when I played Witcher so I'm hoping this has the same affect. 2021 seems like a good year for gaming assuming no delays in titles.

Soldato
One thing that worries me is by CDPR trying to be all edgy the game will end up coming across as quite immature and silly more than anything.

I'm not bothered by swearing but in some of the clips it just feels over the top and slightly unnecessary. Again I'm not offended by sex in games but there needs to be a reason for it.

And then there is the genital options on the character creator, I mean really? What difference to the game is this going to make, do I get a stat buff for having a neon pink bush?

I'm all for customisation but this is just fodder for the news rags, guarantee there will be coverage on the mainstream press within a few days moaning about the state of gaming.

That said I think it's quite funny to imagine little Tommy aged 12 firing up Cyberpunk on Xmas day with Granny watching on as he selects the best foreskin for V...

Soldato
As someone who doesn't like the Witcher games, I hope this lives up to the hype!

All downloaded on my Series X.

What's the ETA on the next gen upgrade?

Associate
One thing that worries me is by CDPR trying to be all edgy the game will end up coming across as quite immature and silly more than anything.

I'm not bothered by swearing but in some of the clips it just feels over the top and slightly unnecessary. Again I'm not offended by sex in games but there needs to be a reason for it.

And then there is the genital options on the character creator, I mean really? What difference to the game is this going to make, do I get a stat buff for having a neon pink bush?

I'm all for customisation but this is just fodder for the news rags, guarantee there will be coverage on the mainstream press within a few days moaning about the state of gaming.

That said I think it's quite funny to imagine little Tommy aged 12 firing up Cyberpunk on Xmas day with Granny watching on as he selects the best foreskin for V...

It looks like it could be exactly that from some of the first impressions. They've tried to include options for trans characters, which is commendable, but the implementation isn't brilliant in-game to say the least. I've read a lot of the early reviews and first impressions articles and its general edginess, seems a bit clumsy, I don't think the writers were entirely comfortable with the setting they were working in.

Technically I'm not mad impressed by some of the leaked footage. I might go for it in a few months when the proper PS5 patch is implemented. The core gameplay seems to be there.

Associate
My copy's due today too :cool:. Good service from the game collection. I'm guessing the day-1 patch drops when the digital versions go live?

As someone who doesn't like the Witcher games, I hope this lives up to the hype!

All downloaded on my Series X.

What's the ETA on the next gen upgrade?

Nothing confirmed yet, and I don't think there's any point speculating considering the promises/delays with this initial release :D

Soldato
53GB off disc and 43GB patch on Xbox... 2 discs and lots of goodies too.

Edit - Now changed to just under 16GB off disc and 43GB patch.

So nice to have a game manual...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom