*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Well for one thing I know when I've worked on a game for 8 years and spent countless millions on it plus probably millions more on marketing, the first thing I would do to get ready for release is intentionally send out copies to reviewers and things that don't perform very well or show the game in its best light :rolleyes:

Honestly take the blinkers off for a few minutes I get that people appear to have their entire self-worth riding on this game being absolutely infallible but come on... you can't tell me the events of the last week don't at least look a bit iffy? If this was Bethesda would everyone really be falling over themselves to defend them to this extent?

Soldato
Well for one thing I know when I've worked on a game for 8 years and spent countless millions on it plus probably millions more on marketing, the first thing I would do to get ready for release is intentionally send out copies to reviewers and things that don't perform very well or show the game in its best light :rolleyes:

Honestly take the blinkers off for a few minutes I get that people appear to have their entire self-worth riding on this game being absolutely infallible but come on... you can't tell me the events of the last week don't at least look a bit iffy? If this was Bethesda would everyone really be falling over themselves to defend them to this extent?

There is a lot wrong with this launch that is for sure. Especially the performance and review embargo of in-game footage by reviewers. (I think that ends today)
I am not expecting this to be an easy experience at all, especially performance.

Saying that I am more than happy to turn down a few bits n bobs. It is not as if this is the only game that I have had to do it on.

I really hope the patch makes at least a modicum of difference.

I am expecting a lot of updates though over the coming weeks.

Man of Honour
GOG really need to get rid of that CAPTCHA verification.

Click on the images that contain a bus, *clicks images* ....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain a fire hydrant, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain cars, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain crosswalks, *clicks images* .....Correct, but we want you to try again anyway.

:(

I have literally never had to try again on one of those ever, crikey a Wheres Wally book must take you years to do :D

Associate
I think it's been rushed out. Cyberpunk has been delayed and delayed and delayed. Even when it went "gold" it was then delayed again. That's even with them crunching to get it released despite saying they weren't going to do it.

There is so much pressure (and abuse) online every time they announce a delay, someone senior has basically told them it has to release on 10th Dec, no matter what. I suspect they're releasing before they really want to.

I do have faith that they will fix it over time. Every Witcher game was a mess at launch and they all turned out brilliantly in the end.

Associate
I think it's been rushed out. Cyberpunk has been delayed and delayed and delayed. Even when it went "gold" it was then delayed again. That's even with them crunching to get it released despite saying they weren't going to do it.

There is so much pressure (and abuse) online every time they announce a delay, someone senior has basically told them it has to release on 10th Dec, no matter what. I suspect they're releasing before they really want to.

I do have faith that they will fix it over time. Every Witcher game was a mess at launch and they all turned out brilliantly in the end.
If you have employees working full time on a project for 8 years there comes point where you just have to cut it lose. How long more do you think they needed? How much more money would they have wasted?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Struggling with this so apologies if this has been asked before.

I have steam preloading now based on a 57.3GB file size. Does the pre load data install I am doing now include day one patch?

My internet isn't the fastest so if I have to download another 20+GB at midnight then I would rather know now than stay up to be dissapointed.

Soldato
Struggling with this so apologies if this has been asked before.

I have steam preloading now based on a 57.3GB file size. Does the pre load data install I am doing now include day one patch?

My internet isn't the fastest so if I have to download another 20+GB at midnight then I would rather know now than stay up to be dissapointed.

The patch is likely to be 40+ Gigs if the rumours are correct. We won't know until it is released.

I am not expecting to play at midnight.

Associate
Have yours been dispatched yet ? Mine hasn't so I either going to have to wait to play the game or buy a second code so I can play it when it releases.. Which was the plan..

Anyone that ordered the CE, have you got yours yet ??

Nope ordered CE from game it shipped with RM 24hrs no tracking reference nothing. It was apparently shipped on Monday too.. raised a ticket with them but looking at Twitter a few people who ordered from them are in a similar predicament.

Associate
@Unisol Magic Good question TBH it auto updates so it should do il prob leave mine open. Just had a power cut and my Install went from 25% down to 5% :(

Thanks

I'll probably check if the update is available before I leave work in the morning and set it going (the wife could do it sometime during the day but she's a complete technophobe lol. She calls me at work every week to ask how to maximise the zoom window :rolleyes:)

Soldato
This is the first game in years that I'm skeptical about being able to actually run at a decent rate. Not so much because of my system specs, but because I have the feeling that despite a day one patch and the absence of DRM, it's going to be a badly optimised (Crysis level) mess.

Associate
I used to work in video game retail back in the late 80s, early 90s. Back in those days, an average PC game would be £20-£30, which is roughly £40-£60 today. So £50 feels about right to me.

Soldato
I used to work in video game retail back in the late 80s, early 90s. Back in those days, an average PC game would be £20-£30, which is roughly £40-£60 today. So £50 feels about right to me.

I go on hours worth, 5 quid per hour, the cost of a beer essentially. I think I'll EASILY get 12 hours out of this game. So CDPR deserve my money.

Soldato
Nope ordered CE from game it shipped with RM 24hrs no tracking reference nothing. It was apparently shipped on Monday too.. raised a ticket with them but looking at Twitter a few people who ordered from them are in a similar predicament.
That shucks. Hope you get it soon though ! Mine being shipped with DHL, and it been saying Consignment created since yesterday at 8:50am, and no change so far. Seems I be forking out a bit extra to play the game tonight.

Soldato
I go on hours worth, 5 quid per hour, the cost of a beer essentially. I think I'll EASILY get 12 hours out of this game. So CDPR deserve my money.

Yep, I was laughing at the people saying it’s only worth £20. Happy to support the devs at full price and I’m sure I will get my money’s worth.

Caporegime
GOG really need to get rid of that CAPTCHA verification.

Click on the images that contain a bus, *clicks images* ....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain a fire hydrant, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain cars, *clicks images* .....Incorrect, try again.

Click on the images that contain crosswalks, *clicks images* .....Correct, but we want you to try again anyway.

:(
You may be a robot. Be careful and if you know of any nearby humans ask them for assistance.

Back
Top Bottom