• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am not knocking these people but look at the quotes from 28 October when AMD announced their GPU line up. Especially with the RX 6900 XT.
Yeah.....you were all sold an Unicorn but given an Mule or probably your expectations were WAY too high.

RX 6900 XT isnt a bad card but the RTX 3090 still is the king.

Dude, you take hype threads waaaay too seriously. We're just messing around 90% of the time.

Btw, I'll happily defend that statement even seriously. If you want a high fps 1440p card RDNA 2 still wipes the floor with Ampere, simply because that's how they're designed and none of the Ampere cards have anywhere to go. Plenty to do with any of the AMD cards on water. ;)

Caporegime
Nope, I think AMD brought out a decent product too late to be of any real use. They cut too many corners designing a gaming card with the result being that in ~12 hours one of the most anticipated games will launch, while AMD have not even enabled RT on their cards.

Not sure if you intended on changing the subject. But I was referring to your complaint about nothing to compete with Turing since it came out in 2018. The point I was alluding to (and I'll spell this out, as it seems necessary) is that AMD were pretty busy recovering their business and taking over the CPU market in that time. Also on top of that, they've made multi generational jumps in perf with their GPUs and are now a legitimate competitor to Nvidia, whereas before, not as much. It comes down to each persons needs and wants rather than just default to team green.

You seem to have moved on to being salty over being disappointed about the 6900xt? And annoyed that it wont run RT on Cyberpunk.

If you want to play Cyberpunk with RT, then buy Nvidia. Simple as really.

AMD was comparatively a tiny company compared to Nvidia when it came to resources and availability for RND. They're also working on CPUs as well as GPUs. Its been clear its not been feasible to do make such progress with both at the same time. So they got one market done and are in the GPU market in the same way they were in the CPU market with Ryzen 3000 series last year. I imagine their next leap for Radeon 7000s will be something spectacular to see.

Caporegime
Its frustrating if true. Reference is perfect for those who want to WC like me. As with the AIB you're paying extra for cooling, which I just wouldn't use.

If it turns out I can't get a reference 6800xt I'll probably skip and go for 7000 series in a year.

Associate
They haven't thought this through have they? There will be plenty of people who got the water block but couldn't get the card due to supply issues and now they are discontinuing the reference cards while people are still waiting to get one.
I'm slumming it on a RX 550 2GB in my daily currently. The AMD site died very badly yesterday, tired for 2 hours to order.

Associate
Scott herkelman did say production was continuing until early 2021 so there is still a chance to get an aib assuming that is true

Edit: meant MBA not aib

Last edited:
Associate
Scott herkelman did say production was continuing until early 2021 so there is still a chance to get an aib assuming that is true
The reference design (MBA) Made by AMD was what Scott was talking about. Lets hope it happens or the water cooling uses on this forum will need some anti depressants.
So the Powercolor, Sapphire, Asrock, Gigabyte, Asus ect using the AMD cooler. AMD make them the partners distribute them on there own boxes.

Caporegime
Nope, I think AMD brought out a decent product too late to be of any real use. They cut too many corners designing a gaming card with the result being that in ~12 hours one of the most anticipated games will launch, while AMD have not even enabled RT on their cards.
I genuinely am pleased with what AMD have released this time. I know it is behind when it comes to RT but when RT isn't used, the cards fly along with no fuss or bother. Decent power efficiency also. I am a bit of an RT fan though, so it does hold me back a bit on buying but I will be playing CP2077 at midnight and see how my 2080Ti copes before deciding if I will bite or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom