• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes, I did. Calm yourself :) I saw the 6900xt vs the 3080 against various more recent titles either matching or comfortably beating it. On press day drivers as well :) and we all know drivers mature over time very well.

If you compare it to older titles as reviewed by the likes of Jay, it shows the 3080 beating the 6900xt if I remember rightly. The point I was getting at is that this video hints at newer titles being better geared towards AMD GPUs.

1440p UW is a great benchmark for me, as thats what I play in!

Then you know that the results aren't VERY different from other reviews. Other reviews have shown that the 6900XT and 6800XT win in raster performance most of the time at 1440p and that the 3090/3080 are usually faster at 4K than their AMD counterparts.

Associate
Driver maturity sure is a thing, my v56 + 3700x is beating my friends 1070ti + 5900x by 150 to 120 fps in r6 seige at the exact same settings in the benchmark suite

Caporegime
Then you know that the results aren't VERY different from other reviews. Other reviews have shown that the 6900XT and 6800XT win in raster performance most of the time at 1440p and that the 3090/3080 are usually faster at 4K than their AMD counterparts.
Yes I do know that. And wasn't ever talking about 4k. You brought that into the discussion then got your knickers in a twist over it :p

The 4k kind of monitor I want I am pretty sure doesn't actually exist for me :) (although it's been a while since I checked) and it's known that RDNA2 scales better to 1080p and 1440p which is where the majority of the market sits anyway.

Soldato
This is RDNA2 related even though it's the PS5...

The Miles Morales devs have managed to achieve 60fps with RT enabled. Apparently it's dynamic 4K so probably drops down to 1440P/1080P in areas. Still great stuff showing what can be acheived so early in the consoles life. RT should not be a huge problem once AMD release their upscaling tech.

Associate
Tbh i think 6900xt reference is good only if you put it on water. Otherwise, the 6800xt is more suited for that video card design - TDP and thermals.
The 6800xt is already well ahead 3080 in time spy average score. I talked about this in the past because at that time it was like 200 points below the 3080 but once the AIB models were in, it killed the 3080. Maybe the same will happen with the 6900xt AIB cards but the reference design is not looking strong enough.
Igor already put the reference card to water and went to 2.7Ghz so i expect to see much better results in the future, like i saw with the 6800xt.

Soldato

The Miles Morales devs have managed to achieve 60fps with RT enabled. Apparently it's dynamic 4K so probably drops down to 1440P/1080P in areas. Still great stuff showing what can be acheived so early in the consoles life. RT should not be a huge problem once AMD release their upscaling tech.

Reflections only, noisy low quality and certain assets are excluded from the bounce and then yes drops to 1440p/1080p

min playing sack boy on the ps5 now and it has ray traced reflections but the quality level is so low that the main character just looks like a ball of poop in any reflection

Soldato
Reflections only, noisy low quality and certain assets are excluded from the bounce and then yes drops to 1440p/1080p

min playing sack boy on the ps5 now and it has ray traced reflections but the quality level is so low that the main character just looks like a ball of poop in any reflection
Well what a tough choice gamers have. Either go for low quality, culled reflections and get 60 fps or go for full reflections and get that cinematic experience or turn it off and game at 100fps.

Soldato

The shill factor is high I see. Blind to the fact that a £360 console running RT at 60fps is a huge achievement. Does it matter if reflections are low IQ? Still better than no reflections. I'm pretty sure even your beloved Nvidia cards can't render super HQ RT without first rendering at some low resolution like 1080P.

What is Nvidia paying you ??

Soldato
3090 coming soon (he hopes)

He wrote that to make himself look like part of the pcmasterrace. He's gonna keep that in his sig indefinitely while gaming on his 1050Ti. For someone who hates AMD I'm actually surprised he has '5950X coming soon' in his sig.

Soldato
Well what a tough choice gamers have. Either go for low quality, culled reflections and get 60 fps or go for full reflections and get that cinematic experience or turn it off and game at 100fps.

It will be interesting to see what choices developers make as time goes on, to try and find the optimal mix of having RT but not looking like hot garbage.

I know why we're seeing games cull high polygon assets, but it's still sad - like Cyberpunk 2077, the main character isn't included in any reflections (lol) and then in some other games like sackboy, ratchet and clank you can see the main character reflected but they've heavily reduced the quality because the main character is usually has a very high polygon count so its performance intensive.

Permabanned

Very impressive for a console, but compare it to Cyberpunk on PC which is also built around a city.

Caporegime

Sometimes i just think people are going to be critical just because it's not Nvidia.

I don't see anything wrong with what i'm watching here.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

* Coming soon *
Grim, I think we have found a new nick for you! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom