• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Its surprising that Ireland hasn't gotten something like an Amazon to be honest, we are going to be truely stuck when it comes to Online purchases when Brexit is set in stone

Just use French or Spanish Amazon, they send stuff all over Europe not just their own country, people here were ordering the new HP Reverb G2 from Spain months ago on Pre-Order.

Associate
Ya hopefully, my only worry is the same issue that Apple had last year I think where they wanted a data center in Galway but got shut down on it, feel like the same will happen to the forest

Far too many old gippers who think you need to stay with the old ways, got morons like that in Wales as well. Rather leave an area a derelict slum than let Aldi open a store.

Associate
Far too many old gippers who think you need to stay with the old ways, got morons like that in Wales as well. Rather leave an area a derelict slum than let Aldi open a store.

Lol I'm not sure opening an Aldi would stop an area being a derelict slum, I think it would just be a derelict slum with an Aldi. Totally get what you're saying though and I agree.

Associate
Is it possible to find out how many people are in front of you in queues, by contacting overcookers?
Im not in a queue and am considering joining one.

Also, if I were to preorder on a credit card, are the funds taken in advance? Or on day before delivery? Does overclopers have a cancellation fee?

I've not been reading the thread. Where are the next best places to look for an EVGA 3080 other than grandfatherclockers, are there any popular opinions for good places to "pre" order still?
Thanks guys.

Associate
Is it possible to find out how many people are in front of you in queues, by contacting overcookers?

Also, if I were to preorder on a credit card, are the funds taken in advance? Or on day before delivery? Does overclopers have a cancellation fee?

I've not been reading the thread. Where are the next best places to look for an EVGA 3080 other than grandfatherclockers, are there any popular opinions for good places to "pre" order still?
Thanks guys.

You will get an email "every" Friday. This will let you know how many in front of you but you have to actually order first. You may also get an email when there is a drop in the sku you choose.
The money will be taken when you order.

Associate
Not a political dig. I’m not putting money on trusting that their won’t be a no deal.

Read here.
Brexit could see 40% price hikes for online purchases
via The Irish Times
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...40-price-hikes-for-online-purchases-1.4431787

But you alreafy
Not a political dig. I’m not putting money on trusting that their won’t be a no deal.

Read here.
Brexit could see 40% price hikes for online purchases
via The Irish Times
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...40-price-hikes-for-online-purchases-1.4431787

Ah I see. So if you are already in the queue i.e. already bought it before Jan 1st, then there's nothing to worry about.

Associate

Thanks guys.

I have a feeling you have to pre-order through the website, I'm in the same boat I want a new GPU and to get on a Pre-order but it' doesn't look like we can until stock and backlogs sort themselves out, so we're waiting on the corps of Nvidia and AMD to ramp up baby!

Associate
But you alreafy

Ah I see. So if you are already in the queue i.e. already bought it before Jan 1st, then there's nothing to worry about.

Once you order you enter a contract with OCuk. They cannot by law change the terms of that contract. In reality however the only real option you have if they do is to cancel. Legally you could sue for reasonable costs such as credit card interest but good luck with that one.

Last edited:
Ok i sent an email to zotac yesterday asking why the 3080 Trinity oc is in such short supply in UK Because OCUK don't seem to be getting them in or at least anytime soon. And they sent me a reply today saying the Trinity oc is the card they are shifting the most units off, as far as he knows.

Associate
How do I know if I’m entitled to a watchdogs code? I ordered my Zotac 3080 OC on 12/11 and my replacement (1st was doa) arrives tomorrow but I’ve not seen anything mentioning a code etc. Any info would be welcomed :)

How do I know if I’m entitled to a watchdogs code? I ordered my Zotac 3080 OC on 12/11 and my replacement (1st was doa) arrives tomorrow but I’ve not seen anything mentioning a code etc. Any info would be welcomed :)
I doubt you will get one as they run out of codes i think .
it all has been explained a few time on here ,but cant remember the full reason.
not OC fault im sure it NVidias.

Back
Top Bottom