• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
5700xt with 3900x on 1440p UW I am getting locked 60fps on the low preset - going to med, high or ultra it drops to 30fps locked. So I am guessing one of the settings being turned on canes the FPS. I will look forward to playing with the settings today to see what I can turn on until I get that FPS drop again :D

Damn impressive game though and the GPU handles everything well.

Associate
I had the Powercolour Red Devil card. Think I paid around 400 for it new. Great card and gave reasonable FPS on 1440p on warzone etc. Around 120ish at high settings. Driver issues were sorted nearer the end of ownership so there shouldn't be any problems on that front. Sold it due to getting a 6800XT

Dayum, I have a Nitro+ at 1440p in warzone I'm around 110-120 in low to mid settings!!!!

I was going to purchase a 6800xt just to play on high at 144fps!

Associate
Well, that's a bit difficult to say as I haven't run any specific benchmarks however there were some games my vega card would trip over and while frame pacing was fine the overall FPS left some or a lot to be desired. Most games with stock RX 5700 bios I would say my undervolted Vega would be equal to the 5700 and the more troublesome the RX 5700 would be a fair bit ahead. The 5700XT bios have added roughly 10% more performance on top of that now that I'm running a 3rd party cooler and that's while drawing roughly 140 watts according to Wattman overlay, now that's not total board power but with my vega that would read roughly 200-240w so still an improvement. Normally I wouldn't upgrade from a good vega 64 to a 5700 or 5700 XT but I basically swapped them for free and only paid for the diesel to get there and pick the card up, so an overall good investment I feel.
Thanks for the reply, that was useful.

Associate
[QUOTE = "w1llyg, post: 34336250, membro: 91802"] Dayum, tenho um Nitro + a 1440p em zona de guerra, estou em torno de 110-120 em configurações de baixo a médio !!!!

Eu ia comprar um 6800xt apenas para jogar no máximo a 144 fps! [/ QUOTE]
Friend, I'm Brazilian and I was researching about drops fps on the rx 5700 xt and I found this forum and I just registered. I also have a Nitro and I am having drops of fps in some CODMW multiplayer games, I play in 1440p 120hz freesync, and sometimes in the game the game stops quickly and I notice that the clock drops from 1960 Mhz to about 80 Mhz, with that the 120 fps drops to about 8 fps. Current driver 20.12.3, I have tried more than 10 different drivers, between old and recent. I've tried everything, installed the game on 3 SSD, on a different SSD than the win 10 is, I changed the source to a Leadex 750W Gold, I changed the CPU from R7 2700 to 3700x, I have RAM 2x8gb 2400Mhz, over 3200 MHz. Undervolt 2000 / 1107mV stable. I have already tested with the 3 tight pstates states. Windows game mode enabled and disabled. Has this problem occurred to anyone else here? I will test to increase the Vcore of the VGA to 1150mV. I appreciate anyone who can help.

Associate
Hi Folks.

I've got a Gigabyte Aorus 5700 XT, I've never bothered doing any Overclocking/undervolting ... is there much point?

You can use the auto undervolt because that's just free performance/consistency. There is definitely overclocking headroom, but depends on what you're after.

Associate
Hi Folks.

I've got a Gigabyte Aorus 5700 XT, I've never bothered doing any Overclocking/undervolting ... is there much point?

Undervolting can be worth it as you can reduce card power consumption and therefore noise (fan can run at a lower RPM) with no change in overall performance.

There's not an awful lot of head room for overclocking on these cards, I think most users who touch any of that stuff are primarily interested in reducing power consumption to run lower RPM fans.

Associate
You can use the auto undervolt because that's just free performance/consistency. There is definitely overclocking headroom, but depends on what you're after.

I wouldn't call the 7-8% potential overclock if you have a "silicon lottery" card much overclocking headroom tbh.

Associate
I wouldn't call the 7-8% potential overclock if you have a "silicon lottery" card much overclocking headroom tbh.

It's better than nothing, that's why I said it depends what they're after. If you're pushing the limits and bouncing around 60FPS, the extra overclock can see that being more stable.

Associate
It's better than nothing, that's why I said it depends what they're after. If you're pushing the limits and bouncing around 60FPS, the extra overclock can see that being more stable.

It is, but very few cards will do anywhere near the 2150MHz limit and IMO the tradeoff with thermals/noise just isn't worth the modest performance increase.

Associate
Hi forum

Does anyone know what the issue could be here?

I got my Gigabyte 5700 XT gaming OC card around 6 weeks ago and put it in my intel system (4690k / z97-m plus) and it worked great until I upgraded to the 3700x / Prime X470-Pro.

Now I am getting random artifacts on the screen whilst just moving the mouse on the desktop or within a few seconds whilst running Furmark. Sometimes it artifacts and crashes the driver with BSOD error Video_TDR_failure and sometimes the system just reboots.

My system:

3700x
Prime x470-pro
5700 xt
Corsair RM 650W Gold
1TB WD ssd
HyperX Fury 16GB 3200mhz ram

Everything is at stock settings except for the RAM which is at DOCP 3200. Here's a video of the issue....

https://youtu.be/OO_ytNIlqy8

The artifacting happens towards the end of the video.

Associate
Hi forum

Does anyone know what the issue could be here?

I got my Gigabyte 5700 XT gaming OC card around 6 weeks ago and put it in my intel system (4690k / z97-m plus) and it worked great until I upgraded to the 3700x / Prime X470-Pro.

Now I am getting random artifacts on the screen whilst just moving the mouse on the desktop or within a few seconds whilst running Furmark. Sometimes it artifacts and crashes the driver with BSOD error Video_TDR_failure and sometimes the system just reboots.

My system:

3700x
Prime x470-pro
5700 xt
Corsair RM 650W Gold
1TB WD ssd
HyperX Fury 16GB 3200mhz ram

Everything is at stock settings except for the RAM which is at DOCP 3200. Here's a video of the issue....

https://youtu.be/OO_ytNIlqy8

The artifacting happens towards the end of the video.

Have you overclocked the card? Don't bother with Furmark, it is an unrealistic workload.

For your RAM try running it with more voltage or at 2133mhz and see if that changes anything. Even though you are running at DOCP, it might not have enough voltage.

Associate
Have you overclocked the card? Don't bother with Furmark, it is an unrealistic workload.

For your RAM try running it with more voltage or at 2133mhz and see if that changes anything. Even though you are running at DOCP, it might not have enough voltage.
No, everything is at stock except for the RAM. Thanks, will give that a try and see if anything changes.

Back
Top Bottom