Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Refunded mine on xbox. Mostly to stop the temptation to keep playing it in it's current state :p

I've got an RTX card so may go PC route instead, depending on how long the Series X patch takes.

Soldato

9/10 game for IGN. KindaFunny were saying the bugs etc. weren't too bad either.

They're no doubt being forced to review the PC version but still, absolute shills as usual.

The IGN website is a joke, 90% of the articles are about Cyberpunk, they must either be getting paid to market the game or are so desperate for clicks they're giving a good review purely because it'll get more people reading their "11 tips / best path / how long" articles.

Soldato
9/10 game for IGN. KindaFunny were saying the bugs etc. weren't too bad either.

They're no doubt being forced to review the PC version but still, absolute shills as usual.

The IGN website is a joke, 90% of the articles are about Cyberpunk, they must either be getting paid to market the game or are so desperate for clicks they're giving a good review purely because it'll get more people reading their "11 tips / best path / how long" articles.

People would still click that stuff regardless of the review score. IGN will always feature quite highly in Google searches for guides etc.

The reviewer was on the latest ign Beyond podcast episode discussing the game and he genuinely sounds like he enjoyed it, at least on PC.

Soldato
I have had a good play of the PC version on my laptop today and it seems far less buggy than the Xbox version. Maybe that’s why only pc versions were given to reviewers ?

Caporegime
OP
I imagine they were only given PC code because a lot of these outlets will have top end to play it on so will get a totally different experience to console players.

They also wont see the myriad of bugs. I'd imagine reviews would be awful if they were given PS4 Pro codes to review.

Soldato
I have had a good play of the PC version on my laptop today and it seems far less buggy than the Xbox version. Maybe that’s why only pc versions were given to reviewers ?

I'd say that's definitely why. It'll be interesting to see what these free upgrades look like next year. I'm not touching this until then. It's not like I've got nothing to play.

Associate
Looks amazing on PS5 but then maybe I'm abit out of touch on this as last thing I played was The Witcher 3 on 1440p on PC via 4K TV on max settings.

The only thing of notice was items disappearing from peoples hands whilst talking (pda, flip chart etc) but hardly end of the world.

Soldato
Have both copies coming, not sure which one I'll opt for, probably whichever comes first.

Everyone's complaints about the game just make me want to try it more, there's a cultural buzz with it, I don't want to miss out :D

(I know, I shouldn't be encouraging buggy games)...

Soldato
Have any mainstream sites actually put out a statement as to why there are no console reviews? CDPR must be blocking any reference to console while they rake in the sales. Disgusting really.

Ooo, I take that back, IGN have literally just put an article up mentioning the PS4/Xbox One issues, I suppose they can only hide for so long with the provebial meme poo storm that's brewing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the engine has serious issues, the performance on the PC is poor as well, bear in mind the kind of hardware needed to get reasonable performance is overly high, e.g. the 1080ti is a 4k card, and it struggles to do 1440p. The graphics dont overly impress me, not to the point that justifies the performance numbers for sure.

Soldato
Lets just hope they can sort all the bugs out in a reasonable time scale, bit of a shambles going by all the feedback. I'm guessing there was a lot of pressure on them to release before Christmas, the developers would likely have delayed it until next year otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom