Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
So the console version is pants? Wait for the enhanced patch?

On base PS4 at least:
  • 720p or worse resolution
  • Button prompts don't appear when they're meant to
  • the HUD disappears
  • textures not loading in properly (up to 5 seconds in some cases)
  • crashing
  • analog stick drift
  • weapons don't appear / float
  • inventory and pause menu don't load properly

Basically it's junk.

Associate
What are amazon doing? Have had the postcards delivered on premium delivery as a separate item but the game isn't coming till between 4pm and 8pm (having it delivered to work :o) and looking at the billing they have charged half the cost of the game for the cards and half for the actual game. Absolute joke.

Associate
On base PS4, definitely texture loading issues all over the place. Sometimes it looks semi decent for a 2013 console but I definitely need to get a PS5 to play this on whenever they are back in stock...

Soldato
Just spent my lunch hour playing on a base ps4, was far better than expected after seeing comments online, not far into it though not a great deal to go on.

Caporegime
On base PS4 at least:
  • the HUD disappears
  • crashing
  • analog stick drift

Basically it's junk.

How is stick drift the game's fault? You need to set the deadzone.

Man of Honour
On base PS4 at least:
  • the HUD disappears
  • crashing
  • analog stick drift

Basically it's junk.

That pretty poor, especially given the delay.

Are the next gen offerings any better?

Caporegime
Just been reading some user impressions and i do find it bizarre that you can't get a haircut/change your hair after the start?

That seems totally bizarre for an RPG open world style game, specifically based around concepts of customising/enhancing yourself etc.

Anyway, reading this however made me lose my ****:

just-lol.png

LMAO!

Last edited:
Associate
I've been trying to give this more of a chance, but not sure I can stick with it on Xbox any longer (series x) it's just a bit crap. I might have to try pc instead...or wait.

I just can't get over how crap it looks.

Soldato
It’s a decent game it’s just not finished. It was not ready for launch but I imagine delaying it again would have caused chaos. No idea what has happened to the launch day patch ? Apparently a patch was meant to be out this morning but nothing yet...

I just had a body stuck in a doorway and I was unable to move it or open the door. Only thing I could do was reload a save.

Soldato
Looks like me decision to hold off a while is paying dividends.

No doubt by April / March this this game will be incredible, no doubt as CDPR support there games really well. From what I’ve read there’s a great game in there held back by bugs and performance especially on consoles.

Caporegime
It’s a decent game it’s just not finished. It was not ready for launch but I imagine delaying it again would have caused chaos. No idea what has happened to the launch day patch ? Apparently a patch was meant to be out this morning but nothing yet...

I just had a body stuck in a doorway and I was unable to move it or open the door. Only thing I could do was reload a save.

No doubt it was the pressure to get Christmas sales numbers. if it was delayed till it was ready (ie probably spring/summer next year) it would be releasing in no mans land market wise.

Associate
Something about the game that annoys me, other than visuals, is that it throws stuff up on the screen all the time (answer message, new mission etc.) Then you go to the map and it's like something from Ubisoft on steroids. The sheer amount of map items after only a few hours is bonkers. I also do not feel like I'm going anywhere different at all, it's all samey.

The cars look like something from the past, not future. If cars are like this in 2077 I'd be surprised :) it's like they employed my 10 year old self to draw them.

Back
Top Bottom