92mm fan duct for SFF case

Soldato
Hi folks, I’m looking for somewhere that can print one of these for me:

https://www.dan-cases.com/downloads/fan_duct_hc_v1.STL

92mm (high ram) version fan duct.

I’m looking for one in a black finish.

I have done a Google but I’m struggling to find somewhere that doesn’t require a sign up for quotations, and/or costs a fortune.

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or if anyone would be willing to print one for me.

More than happy to cover the cost and return the favour in beer :)

Associate
I'm new to 3d printing and would have a look for you but only have copper silk PLA, silver SPLA, and white ABS (not printed with that yet).

Material wise it's a pretty cheap and quick print depending on how fussy you are with layer smoothness.

Previously I found someone on eBay to print a 80mm to 120mm fan duct for £10 all in. Etsy sellers were crazy prices (£30+)

Last edited:
Soldato
PLA shouldn't be brittle and for a print so thin you'd have no concerns over mechanical strength of the part.

It kinda of is tho.....yes, if you print big thick parts with lots of in fill, it will survive a bump but by it’s nature, it’s brittle. Anyway, like you said, should be fine for such a part assuming the screw holes are close to dimensions of the screws.

Man of Honour
Im also printing today if you need it. Currently rocking white pla but whatever works Ive got black (carbon fibre), white, red and probably some other colours hanging about.

@Bluntwrapped

Soldato
OP
I'm new to 3d printing and would have a look for you but only have copper silk PLA, silver SPLA, and white ABS (not printed with that yet).

Material wise it's a pretty cheap and quick print depending on how fussy you are with layer smoothness.

Previously I found someone on eBay to print a 80mm to 120mm fan duct for £10 all in. Etsy sellers were crazy prices (£30+)

still need this? I'm playing with my new printer with random prints so don't mind trying it. PLA can be quite brittle so you may need something stronger, but can soon try it
Im also printing today if you need it. Currently rocking white pla but whatever works Ive got black (carbon fibre), white, red and probably some other colours hanging about.

@Bluntwrapped

Sorry guys missed the replies to the thread :( Thanks for the offers to help. I’ve just taken delivery of a few ducts printed by a service I found on eBay. I have raised the height of both versions from 10mm to 12mm. The supplied longer screws for the optional NH-L9a 25mm fan are too long with a 10mm duct fitted. There was also a small gap between the top of the duct and the side panel. 12mm is near perfect in terms of fit (Dr Zaber Sentry 2.0)

If anyone wants either .stl let me know and I’ll send them over.

Thanks again :)

Man of Honour
Sorry guys missed the replies to the thread :( Thanks for the offers to help. I’ve just taken delivery of a few ducts printed by a service I found on eBay. I have raised the height of both versions from 10mm to 12mm. The supplied longer screws for the optional NH-L9a 25mm fan are too long with a 10mm duct fitted. There was also a small gap between the top of the duct and the side panel. 12mm is near perfect in terms of fit (Dr Zaber Sentry 2.0)

If anyone wants either .stl let me know and I’ll send them over.

Thanks again :)

Post it up pedro!

Back
Top Bottom