Nikita Mazepin, you naughty boy

Caporegime
There's a grotty video going round on YouTube and social media of Haas's new signing apparently groping a woman in the back of a car.

Haas have issued a statement condemning it, but I wonder if he'll lose his contract?

Many of these F1 drivers now seem to have rich daddy backers and Nikita is no exception, so I'm sure he'll just go and do something else if Haas kick him out.

The woman has apparently come out in defense of Mazepin saying it was a joke between them.

Transmission breaker
Don
Surely the issue here is that he put it on social media, regardless of the intention/feeling between the two people involved. Sure its harmless between them, but to not expect some sort of repercussions given the sensitivities of today, is just wildly stupid for someone in a position such as his.

In F1, image is important...

Soldato
Having a billionaire dad willing to throw money at your career is probably more important though, can't see Haas doing much more than issuing a statement unless this absolutely explodes across social media
Yep. It's just more proof that Haas management don't care about your character, all they want is your money. First 'Rich Energy', now Mazepin. Zero respect for them at all.

Soldato
Well at least the model came out and cleared up that the billionaires son is actually a good friend and wouldn't do anything to embarrass her.

I'm sure she found a few thousand reasons to forgive him

Soldato
I can't see him starting to for Haas this season. Hasn't even done a session for them and is dragging Haas through the mud!

It'd be extremely short sighted of Haas if so - he's got a dreadful PR record, they knew what they were getting involved in.

Soldato
Didnt Hass get into F1 to raise the profile of his roadcars?...woudl be a pretty terrible advertisement for them.

Well if they hadn't figured out that a guy who punched a rival driver and posts 'controversial' things on instagram wasn't a great advertisement, I don't think this particular instagram post is likely to wake them up to that fact.

The money clearly talks louder to Haas.

Soldato
Well if they hadn't figured out that a guy who punched a rival driver and posts 'controversial' things on instagram wasn't a great advertisement, I don't think this particular instagram post is likely to wake them up to that fact.

The money clearly talks louder to Haas.

UYea..they dont have much banking choices right now, Im honestly surprised Hass is sticking with it. Esp with Gunter showing what a terrible TP he is.

Soldato
...and as predicted, Haas are not bothered and have 'dealt with it'

"Haas F1 Team would like to reaffirm that Nikita Mazepin and Mick Schumacher will form its driver line-up for the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship. As per the team's previous statement regarding the actions of Nikita Mazepin (9 December) - this matter has now been dealt with internally and no further comment shall be made."

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1341731640549240835/photo/1

Associate
Watching the GP2 footage, rather worrying. Kind of makes Verstappen and his early F1 form of moving around in the braking zone, rather angelic. I'm all for personalities in F1, if the guy fancies himself as a James Hunt wannabe. Got to walk the talk first though.

Personally I am a massive fan of Alesi, who was a rather passionate racer, car blows up Alesi implodes. Alesi was a personality, same as Irvine, Schuey when they rocked up on the scene at the time.

Dirty racers, m'eh.

The irony is for the guys who were overtaking and got blocked in this extreme or dirty way, for example, post race they went and planted them one, they would be the one suspended.

One day there will be an almighty accident and then FIA will launch an investigation when the writing is already on the wall. Take Schumacher and Barrichello, only Schumacher knew exactly what he was doing (albeit not sure why he chose to take the blocking to such an extreme?) and being one of the best ever drivers left Rubens (just) room, got to be stamped on though.

Man of Honour
...and as predicted, Haas are not bothered and have 'dealt with it'

"Haas F1 Team would like to reaffirm that Nikita Mazepin and Mick Schumacher will form its driver line-up for the 2021 FIA Formula 1 World Championship. As per the team's previous statement regarding the actions of Nikita Mazepin (9 December) - this matter has now been dealt with internally and no further comment shall be made."

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1341731640549240835/photo/1

Sickening decision. Apparently the journalists aren’t happy about it, I hope they stick it to him in the same way that he stuck his hand under her top. I also hope they make him look as uncomfortable as he made her look.

We race as one - I’m failing to see any action backing up this statement to date.

Back
Top Bottom