Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
Given the girl's statement; I think this is all now a bit of a storm in a teacup. Still shows a lack of judgement to put up an out of context clip like that, but I don't think he's done anything particularly outrageous here.

Soldato
Given the girl's statement; I think this is all now a bit of a storm in a teacup. Still shows a lack of judgement to put up an out of context clip like that, but I don't think he's done anything particularly outrageous here.
Agreed. Stupid thing to put on social media, absolutely. Sexual harassment? No.

There's plenty of reasons to think Mazepin is a POS who shouldn't be in F1 and this isn't one of them.

Soldato

I don't think snogging a girl in the back of the car is the problem, putting it on social media when you're part of the corporate machine... not so clever.

Permabanned
The blobbed out version of the video makes it look worse than it actually is.

Mazepin is a front seat passenger, the girl is in the rear seat

Her breast becomes exposed after it falls out of her top, he didn't instigate her becoming unclothed so to speak, the strap on her top was loose and it fell down exposing her breast.

At this point, he gropes her she then grabs his hand and makes an attempt to remove it.

She then lets go of his hand and then performs a very suggest action with her finger and mouth whilst looking straight into the camera, he is still groping her breast at this point.

Based on the video she clearly didn't ask to be touched but she also didn't seems distressed at what was happening in my opinion.

His actions were very unwise and he shouldn't have done it, however.

Soldato
The blobbed out version of the video makes it look worse than it actually is.

Mazepin is a front seat passenger, the girl is in the rear seat

Her breast becomes exposed after it falls out of her top, he didn't instigate her becoming unclothed so to speak, the strap on her top was loose and it fell down exposing her breast.

At this point, he gropes her she then grabs his hand and makes an attempt to remove it.

She then lets go of his hand and then performs a very suggest action with her finger and mouth whilst looking straight into the camera, he is still groping her breast at this point.

Based on the video she clearly didn't ask to be touched but she also didn't seems distressed at what was happening in my opinion.

His actions were very unwise and he shouldn't have done it, however.

There is no "however"

It was a sexual assault simples.

Unless you don't mind someone doing that to your Mrs or Daughter?

Soldato
There is no "however"

It was a sexual assault simples.

Unless you don't mind someone doing that to your Mrs or Daughter?

But the girl was the one who posted it and has stated it was a joke between friends. Or is she not allowed to choose how she wants to behave with her friends because it upsets you?

It's not something I would do or be happy with a loved one doing but if there is implicit consent and she was fine with it then there is not a sexual assault.

Soldato
But the girl was the one who posted it and has stated it was a joke between friends. Or is she not allowed to choose how she wants to behave with her friends because it upsets you?

It's not something I would do or be happy with a loved one doing but if there is implicit consent and she was fine with it then there is not a sexual assault.

Really?

Then why did he apologize for putting the video on his own site?
And also he admitted doing it? And HAAS F1 said they was sorry he did it?

So many apologists!

Soldato
Clearly it's sexual assault, she did not sign a waiver in triplicate giving consent.

The video has zero context (their relationship, what happened leading up to the video etc.) to say one way or the other but as she has come out and basically said it's fine then clearly it isn't assault. Still a stupid thing to post to social media given the sensitivity to this sort of thing.

Soldato
In the eyes of the law, it now can't be considered assault, but I bet she is wearing a new diamond necklace or driving a shiny new Ferrari that comes with a receipt with Daddy Mazepin's credit card number on it.

Soldato
Then why did he apologize for putting the video on his own site?
It was on Instagram, not his own site. He apologised for it because regardless of consent it's not the kind of thing that should be publicly displayed. Allegations of sexual assault are wildly off the mark.

It was the same deal with the Giuliani/Borat thing which happened the other week. Was it assault? No. Was he stupid to be in that situation for it to be made public in the first place? Yes, absolutely.

And HAAS F1 said they was sorry he did it?
See above

So many apologists!
Because of people like you who demand them.

Soldato
I don't like the guy, but man, I really hate these kind of witch-hunts. It's the usual trial by press/social media with just one side of the story shown and all corporate bodies involved immediately capitulating to the mob pressure.

Man of Honour

EpDhforWMAExa4i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom