Camera to Help My Parents

Soldato
Hi, I'm after a remote wifi camera that I can turn on and off remotely (no constant streaming to cloud needed ) so I can help my parents when they are stuck on a technical issue. A picture paints a thousand words ;)

I.E I get a phone call, having trouble with the TV, I logon onto the App and I can see into the room & TV screen. I need the ability to turn it on and off as they have limited internet.

They have an alexa but the camera is a bit limited when it comes to something like this.

Soldato
I agree with the above.

They would likely struggle moving the webcam about to give you a good enough image of the problem, adding to that anything which can auto disconnect / only be available when you need may break / not work. What if the webcam is in the wrong room, or the cable doesn't reach?

Some sort of cheap tablet that does video calling would be the best idea.

Soldato
Hi, I bought an Amazon Echo Show 8 for me and my dad and set it up so I just have to say 'Alexa call dad mobile'. It then asks me if I want his phone or Alexa device.

It's nice being able to sit here on the desk and get a screen call but also has the added benefit that if something does go wrong with something I just have to say 'plug this thing in front of the TV, i'll call you back in 5 when it's back up'.

Back
Top Bottom