PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
I hate to say it...

Game Pass for PC is rather commendable.

Good value and unlike in the early days of games in the Windows store, they have ironed out a lot of the quirks, like not being able to choose installation drive for example.

Better value than EA Play or whatever it is called now and Ubisoft+

For more casual players who still like the core experience, there is a lot to like about Gamepass.

Some great Indie stuff on there too.

Soldato
The reason Doom Eternal does not work with Xbox Live integration apparently is it needs Windows 10 build 20H due to an error by MS on the earlier builds of Win 10 with winhttp TCPIP settings. The only way to update & fix this is to install build 19042 (20H) as MS only put the winhttp fix in 19042 its not available as a standalone hotfix.
Be aware if you update to 19042 your audio may stop working or be broken in some other way as many users had audio issues after 19042 was installed :eek::( MS are still looking into this & still going ahead with the next Win 10 update BEFORE this is fixed :rolleyes:

Associate
Finally finished DOOM (2016), so have fired up DOOM Eternal.

Enjoying it so far, had to turn the difficulty setting down from 'Ultra Violence' to 'Hurt me Plenty' after getting stuck with no ammo at a certain point.

With everything Maxed it looks graphically impressive vs DOOM (2016).

Soldato
Finally got Doom Eternal to run properly on Windows 10 build 19042 but good job its on game pass I would hate to have paid anything more for it for it not impressed at all graphically it looks very dated & way too many reload checkpoints as well!

Associate
Finally got Doom Eternal to run properly on Windows 10 build 19042 but good job its on game pass I would hate to have paid anything more for it for it not impressed at all graphically it looks very dated & way too many reload checkpoints as well!

See i think it looks very good , not class leading but still of its generation. Whats ever more impressive is how it runs when it looks as good as it does. Its going to have those quirks as its more a reimagining of the og doom in its way

Man of Honour
I don't. All I get from Microsoft is emails about Surface products, which I have no interest in. It's strange, nothing at all from Xbox unless I make a digital purchase of Game Pass or something.

Bizarre ! I get one every month, one mo, I will see if its the same date every month

Edit : 24th of each month by the looks of it, judging from the last few

Soldato
Went o finally play Vampyr yesterday and its gone, hate they way they take games off it.

Vampyr left in March. It was on for a year.

It was on Humble Choice in August. And it's on Epic Game Store. So chances are, it'll wind up as one of their free games eventually, given how much content crosses between the three services :p

Soldato
Unto The End is now on XGP. Its a brilliant little 2D vikings era platformer a lot like Limbo with minimal graphics & no hand holding so you have to figure it out but it has that certain game play formula which means you really want to see what happens next :D

Soldato
Call Of The Sea is another new XGP title which is pretty good as well. Call of Cthulu style adventure with a female character & Resident Evil 7 style UI!

Soldato
I hate to say it...

Game Pass for PC is rather commendable.

Good value and unlike in the early days of games in the Windows store, they have ironed out a lot of the quirks, like not being able to choose installation drive for example.

Better value than EA Play or whatever it is called now and Ubisoft+

For more casual players who still like the core experience, there is a lot to like about Gamepass.

Some great Indie stuff on there too.

I have to agree. I've just signed back up again as I'm playing through Gears5 with someone I'm seeing. £1 for 3 months, can't say no to that.

Associate
The EA play games were showing up for me earlier, clicked on one of the Battlefront games and they all disappeared.

Does anyone know if Star Wars Squadrons is likely to be on there? Or if I should just purchase it outright?

Back
Top Bottom