• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
Something just isn't right.

RTX 3090 FE, now overclocked (core voltage % + 100, power limit % 114, Temp Limit 90, Core Clock + 130MHz, Memory Clock +300MHz)

Playing at 4K, all settings max, RTX on ultra, DLSS Quality. Getting 40ish fps in Night City during the day, dipping to 30 or even 28!!! FPS outside V's apartment. How is everyone with the exact same card and settings getting 60+fps average? It makes no sense to me.

And yes, windows power set to performance, latest drivers installed etc. Chromatic aberration, motion blur, film grain etc trash turned off. Timespy graphics score with above is 20099 (https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/54619998?)

Heard latest drivers arent good. I havnt installed them so couldnt input.

to help out here RTX ultra preset (everything maxed) DLSS qaulity (crowds high) 4K 120hz - 55-90FPS core clock 1980Mhz (stock)

what i did notice though & is a biggie
my 2950X 4.4ghz was at 45-75% total. yes thats 75% of 16 cores!

To compare vahalla/Watch Dogs/Witcher 3 uses 10-20% if that on my CPU the CPU is doing a lot more work

Associate
It doesn't help it in Dirt. I think there is more to it.
It doesn't help them in Warcraft either.
And there is is why it's so much slower.

With Ampere cards the RT unit does the processing in the pipe line at the same time as the texture units do their work - Concurrent RT+Shading work. The benefit of this approach is that RT does not hold up shading, this change roughly double Ampere's RT performance. With RDNA 2, if there is too much to do within the frame, the RT processing at the start of the pipeline holds up all the shading until the RT is done and then the shading kicks off - because of this frametimes spike up and framerates drop.

This is still low hanging fruit stuff, easy fixes for quick gains at the start of the ray tracing Era. I'd expect RDNA 3 will also introduce concurrent RT+Shading and therefore at least double it's own ray Tracing performance.

I am sure Ampere is far better at RT, look here :

3-5 FPS!

Soldato
Game runs far better on the 3060Ti than i was expecting.

I do find movement a little odd though, i tend to be quite sensitive to motion in games and it's almost like there's a very small amount of input lag causing movements in the game to be ever so slightly behind me moving my mouse, and i think that's causing me to feel a bit odd. Anyone else noticing that?

Soldato

I do find movement a little odd though, i tend to be quite sensitive to motion in games and it's almost like there's a very small amount of input lag causing movements in the game to be ever so slightly behind me moving my mouse, and i think that's causing me to feel a bit odd. Anyone else noticing that?

not really i was actaully worried it was going to feel like deus ex or fallout. which i call floating camera syndrome. where you move so fast and un naturally you feel more like a god mode camera mode than an a person.

so far its ok for me, but whats your fps? low fps could cause what you describe.

Permabanned

Try 'Low Latency Mode', 'Ultra' setting in NV control panel.

Soldato
Try 'Low Latency Mode', 'Ultra' setting in NV control panel.
Cheers will give that a go, was set to off.

EDIT: ahhh doesn't help that i was in windowed borderless as well rather than proper fullscreen AND as id reinstalled my driver when replacing my card, gsync wasn't enabled for windowed programs. Wombo combo of issues.

not really i was actaully worried it was going to feel like deus ex or fallout. which i call floating camera syndrome. where you move so fast and un naturally you feel more like a god mode camera mode than an a person.

so far its ok for me, but whats your fps? low fps could cause what you describe.

hovers 48-65fps with RT on, 100-115 with RT off

Both DLSS on. 1440p, yet to try it with DLSS and RT off.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cyberpunk 2077 looks incredible on Ultra. It is *next gen* (Few texture issues aside) however, at 3440x1440 it shows my 5700XT for what it is, an 18 month old mid range GPU.

Someone sell me a 6800XT @LtMatt . If only AMD's website didn't fail the other day and keep telling me it couldn't ship to the UK...

Caporegime
Cyberpunk 2077 looks incredible on Ultra. It is *next gen* (Few texture issues aside) however, at 3440x1440 it shows my 5700XT for what it is, an 18 month old mid range GPU.

Someone sell me a 6800XT @LtMatt . If only AMD's website didn't fail the other day and keep telling me it couldn't ship to the UK...
If I do that then what am I going to use? :D
I’ll be using it to play Cyberpunk this weekend.

Soldato
Ryzen 3600. I don't think I should be CPU bound at 4K. MSI afterburner shows GPU usage at 100%, CPU all cores usage not exceeding 70%

Sorry yes obviously disabled trash like motion blur, chromatic aberration etc - goes without saying.

For some reason ray tracing starts to become more CPU bound at 4k.

Watch dogs legion with ultra ray tracing 4k was bringing my 8 core 9700k to a stop in some parts. They recommend the 9900k for ray tracing at 4k on watchdogs.

Associate
I'm getting some odd FPS behaviour.

Hardware:
3440*1440p
5600x
RTX3070

Everything high, RT ultra, DLSS performance. I'll see 55-60fps, which is totally fine, then it'll suddenly drop to 30, but if I pause the game, do nothing, then unpause, I'm back at 60 again.

End of first mission, stood in V's underground carpark, it was sat at 30fps. Paused to use my phone, un-paused I'm back at 60.

Oh also, I've seen people with a nice overly on the right that shows FPS, GPU usage/clock etc. How do I get this?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'm getting some odd FPS behaviour.

Hardware:
3440*1440p
5600x
RTX3070

Everything high, RT ultra, DLSS performance. I'll see 55-60fps, which is totally fine, then it'll suddenly drop to 30, but if I pause the game, do nothing, then unpause, I'm back at 60 again.

End of first mission, stood in V's underground carpark, it was sat at 30fps. Paused to use my phone, un-paused I'm back at 60.

Oh also, I've seen people with a nice overly on the right that shows FPS, GPU usage/clock etc. How do I get this?

Latter - Afterburner probably.

Former, probably a bug that will be patched out soon.

Back
Top Bottom