*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Well I am going to hold out for another patch or 2.

- just had a car disappear in front of me then the driver about 5 seconds later
- performance is shocking, even with settings turned down, shouldn't be dipping as much as it is (does look stunning on oled though)
- hdr is great, however, I think there might be an issue with raised blacks (the calibration control for it is **** too)
- driving is terrible/clunky (even with controller)

******* laughable that they delayed this 2/3 (?) times and it is still a bit of a **** show! Should have just delayed it till next year tbph.
dont think they could afford to they lost 25% stock on last delay anymore could really hurt long term finances.

i think they was stuck release & fix or Dont release & possibly go in the black. they just overshot on expectations on what they want to create.

they will fix these bugs & they will give us apology via free content i would imagine (same as W3)

i would also say 30% of crashes users have will be unstable Oc's, & 20% of those people will insist that they are stable, but they wiont try without them for clarity & contuine to blame the game

Soldato
It's not being tribal being able to excercise self restraint and not fall head over heels for the hype and FOMO. It is clear the game has released in an unfinished state. You only get one chance to experience the game for the first time and for me I am able to wait to get the best possible experience. Anyone playing now is paying more to get an inferior experience.
I dunno, it's been well worth £20 so far and has been flawless in terms of performance and lack of noticeable bugs for me at least. Obviously, I'm just speaking for myself here.
Also, not everyone playing this was ever on the hype train. It is possible to be interested enough to own this and not fall victim to all that.

Caporegime
Game has been fine for me. Had a few crashes near the start when I opened up the inventory, but that's it. My 1060 laptop hasn't caught fire yet so that's good news too. :o

M+KB feels really weird though, just like it does in Fallout and other RPGs. It's not great, so I'm using a PS4 controller instead. If this game had movement like Apex Legends for example, it'd be so much better.

Soldato
What type of graphic card do you need to play this on max settings or even high? Clearly GTX 1070 Ti just doesn't cut in anmore, I guess we are entering new era of graphics.

Soldato
What type of graphic card do you need to play this on max settings or even high? Clearly GTX 1070 Ti just doesn't cut in anmore, I guess we are entering new era of graphics.
Depends on your resolution.
FWIW, I'm at 1080p 8600k/1080ti vsync off with it maxed out and don't ever seem to drop below mid 50's. Never noticed a slowdown or lack of smoothness so far.
Not even seen any screen tearing now that I think of it.

Associate
Max settings? Seems like the game was designed with sliders that go beyond what current gen GPUs are capable of so you won’t get max settings. Even if all the bugs are fixed.

Associate

Well I have the RTX 3090 and at 1440p you need DLSS for Ultra......if I turn off DLSS, I get about 45 FPS.....with DLSS on Quality, I get 75-100...but it still looks great for me.

On another note, ive barely had any bugs and no crashes in game....it only crashes if I try to change a graphics setting while im playing.

Im personally loving it...the more I play the better it gets.

Soldato
Well... I’ve just played 90 minutes, and I’m absolutely blown away! I was expecting it to struggle, but my rig has handled it on high at 1440p, with absolutely no hitches! :eek:

I’ve encountered a small amount of bugs, but nothing game breaking - I’m confident it will be fixed up, and I’m also really excited with what the modders are going to do with this!

I can see this is going to be a game I’m going to sink many hours into :D

Associate
Only played a couple hours not really sure if im sold on it at the moment. The life style choices are a bit underwhelming at 30 minute intro and then into a video of night city then thats that. The gun play aint anything special for me but wasnt expecting the combat to be that great coming from witcher 3. I like the graphics and the world seems very good, but for some reason i dont care really like i did in witcher 3. Gonna persist with a few more hours then decide then if ill unistall it and give it another try when the GOTY is out.
Edit: driving is awful and twitchy.

Just stick to it until your eyes are open :)
You gonna love it more and more, the same happened to me, now I think it's amazing...

Soldato
Running at a comfortable ~40 fps (drops down to 30 at times, but it's consistent on the hole) in 3440x1440 with High/Ultra settings on a 5800x + 5700xt. Looks stunning in places!
Steam says I've played 3 hours so far, not encountered any major bugs yet. Just some niggles where sounds occasionally aren't in line with visuals, and an annoying issue where sometimes the game half reverts to 16:9, particularly in the UI stopping me move my mouse further to one side. But considering I'm playing Star Citizen a lot at the time, this feels practically bug free :D

Really enjoying it so far. Just wandering around taking in the sights and atmosphere.

Associate
9900K with a 1080ti 1440p
Problems this morning with a bit of flickering and crashing when exiting the game - fixed by rolling back the driver.

Enjoying it so far, lots to do and looks great. Playing on medium settings mostly. Not sure what the FPS is but haven't noticed any slow downs worth mentioning.

Not bad for a £20 game bought from Rusky

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom