*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Underboss
Well... I’ve just played 90 minutes, and I’m absolutely blown away! I was expecting it to struggle, but my rig has handled it on high at 1440p, with absolutely no hitches! :eek:

I’ve encountered a small amount of bugs, but nothing game breaking - I’m confident it will be fixed up, and I’m also really excited with what the modders are going to do with this!

I can see this is going to be a game I’m going to sink many hours into :D

is your 6600K overclocked ?

Soldato
I've hammered the main quest solid going to start slowing down exploring the city more but the story is really good. I don't think a single player game has hooked me like that since GTA V

Soldato
FWIW when gaming at 4K, the biggest increase I saw in FPS was from turning DLSS to Ultra Performance. Everything else including RT is on max, Motion Blur is on Low and Film Grain is off. The game was playable with DLSS set to balanced but then I was running at 30-40 fps whereas now it's 50-60 with the occassional dip below that.

Associate
There is a file you can edit manually:

Personally I think it is ridiculous a game ships in this day and age without getting things like that bang on and the same for FPS combat mechanics, movement and input, etc. just no excuse for it - if you are a developer of this kind of game and haven't both played a bit of Quake and dived in the source code................................................

I had a look at this, sadly for me, I'm not very good with stuff like this. I have tried changing the files that say IK_W to IK_Up etc, but this seemed to make zero difference. I might just leave the game for a while and hope they patch it for idiots like me. Trying to play it on a 1070 GTX and 6600k so not exactly the best experience anyway.

Associate
Tom’s Hardware reviewing the game’s performance. This includes details on which settings affect performance the most and side by side comparisons of visual quality. Not a site I usually visit but seems relevant for anyone wanting to tweak their settings. I thought the DLSS side by sides were useful for comparing the quality vs performance impact.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I tried the vr tutorial and I get stuck on the stealth section, you have to hack a robot by pressing a key it says to press Z but it does not work. I've mashed every damned key but I just can't get passed it so I have had to load up an auto save as you can't quit the tutorial.

Soldato
3440x1440 everything (including RT) max apart from film grain and motion blur turned off.
DLSS set to quality. FPS hovers between 55-65 and it's very smooth, no jumpyness, slowdowns or hitching at all :)

Soldato
I tried the vr tutorial and I get stuck on the stealth section, you have to hack a robot by pressing a key it says to press Z but it does not work. I've mashed every damned key but I just can't get passed it so I have had to load up an auto save as you can't quit the tutorial.
Try middle mouse.

Soldato
FWIW when gaming at 4K, the biggest increase I saw in FPS was from turning DLSS to Ultra Performance. Everything else including RT is on max, Motion Blur is on Low and Film Grain is off. The game was playable with DLSS set to balanced but then I was running at 30-40 fps whereas now it's 50-60 with the occassional dip below that.
How did you show the FPS counter? I've been trying Via fraps but doesn't seem to work

Soldato
Gonna hold out on this a for now, some things I've seen in videos are ridiculous. I kinda expected that but not this degree.

Judging by performance info I don't have much to look forward to on a 2070S at 1440p anyways so whatever.

I am running 2070s and a 3600. You are not going to get RT but the game runs brilliantly. DLSS performance mode and I am getting between 74 and 60 FPS at 1440p TBF I am running adaptive sync on my freesync monitor so the FPS hit is not noticeable.
However I have 14 hours in since release and loved every min. Like you I was worried before launch that it would not hold up but fantastic experience so far.

Soldato
Any way to disable mouse accel in the game without having to disable it in windows itself?

Also hope they patch the random appearing and disappearing npcs asap, really breaks immersion and makes the game feel a bit janky.

Game funs fantastic on 5600X/3060Ti :D Really enjoying it for the most part. Ultra graphics with RT set to medium and AF set to 8 rather than 16 seems to give me my best FPS/looks combo (and DLSS balanced)

Soldato
Any way to disable mouse accel in the game without having to disable it in windows itself?

Also hope they patch the random appearing and disappearing npcs asap, really breaks immersion and makes the game feel a bit janky.

Game funs fantastic on 5600X/3060Ti :D Really enjoying it for the most part. Ultra graphics with RT set to medium and AF set to 8 rather than 16 seems to give me my best FPS/looks combo (and DLSS balanced)
What Res u playing?

Back
Top Bottom