Cyberpunk 2077

Caporegime
It looks a lot better on PC than consoles. Hopefully the patch for Series X and PS5 will bring it up to the same visuals.

Should do. I mean Series X has the rough equivalent of 2080ti/slightly underpowered Navi 6800 in the gpu department and a decent 8 core ryzen cpu.

After getting to grips with the dev kit and with likely better console optimisation, i dont see any reason why they cant get this running with highish settings at 4k 60fps on the Series X.

Sounds like it will be a half decent game when all the bugs are fixed and it is optimised more.

Caporegime
I love the way the Police just beam in Star Trek style when you commit a crime. They literally just appear out of nowhere. Had them just appear in front of my car earlier.....

This seems disappointing

So police just spawn from the sky right in front of you after you commit a crime? : /

Seems lazy. Would have been much cooler if they arrived in some futuristic hover helicopter or police car surely?

So the above is true then and not a bug.

bummer :(

Soldato
Genuine question? Could this tank CDPR due to all the money sunk in to this game in the last seven years. How many pre-orders have now been cancelled and not forgetting the amount of people requesting refunds now.

Associate
Genuine question? Could this tank CDPR due to all the money sunk in to this game in the last seven years. How many pre-orders have now been cancelled and not forgetting the amount of people requesting refunds now.

It will not tank them but it will definitely hurt their bottom line. Their share price has nearly dropped 20% in the last few days, most of the losses is the hype disappearing but with all this news I am sure it will drop a tiny bit more.

Associate

You mean a few people on reddit? Game is fantastic, just needs a few patches like every game does these days. Runs great on the series x.

Associate
No reason not to play this now on PS5, the graphics are great. Really. With a good HDR nit TV at 4K in gaming mode this runs 100% smooth, feels great.

Every review I've read for consoles games thus far has been performance mode vs looks (eg 30 vs 60 fps).

I agree on base PS4 it should be avoided. The delay reports were all about base consoles, not PC or next gens consoles. It's clear why that is now.

Soldato
No reason not to play this now on PS5, the graphics are great. Really. With a good HDR nit TV at 4K in gaming mode this runs 100% smooth, feels great.

Every review I've read for consoles games thus far has been performance mode vs looks (eg 30 vs 60 fps).

I agree on base PS4 it should be avoided. The delay reports were all about base consoles, not PC or next gens consoles. It's clear why that is now.

it runs smooth, but I'm certainly not the only one who is experiencing unplayable HDR.

Soldato
Hang on a sec, looking at the filesize on my X it's 30ish GB less than what I see in the store now. Auto updates is on, but my version says "1.0.0.6" (Digital download copy) with no updates available. Is this the release version with day 1 patch?

edit: nevermind, it is the correct version

Associate
This fine to me but then I have little experience on it aside from YouTube vids that specifically do HDR enabled, animal's, jungles etc.

The reds looking deep and amazing, some of the shop fronts with people dancing, again looks very vibrant.

Just soaking up the atmosphere. This is exactly my kind of game.

Just had my second cup of coffee, time to turn it back on!!

Soldato
You mean a few people on reddit? Game is fantastic, just needs a few patches like every game does these days. Runs great on the series x.
I'm very happy with the performance of the Ps5 for now until the next gen patch, but if I had a ps4 I'd be getting a refund or a trade in.

Soldato
This fine to me but then I have little experience on it aside from YouTube vids that specifically do HDR enabled, animal's, jungles etc.

The reds looking deep and amazing, some of the shop fronts with people dancing, again looks very vibrant.

Just soaking up the atmosphere. This is exactly my kind of game.

Just had my second cup of coffee, time to turn it back on!!

Not everyone's experiencing it I don't think. It will be glaringly obvious if it's all washed out like it is for me.

Associate

Yeah, I'm waiting for the PS5 patch.

Just watched this too - was what I was waiting for. Pretty damning! :(

I know some will say it runs ok on the new gen consoles, but the vast majority of players are still using last gen. With all the delays, the way they avoided showing base console footage, and not providing console versions to reviewers, I do feel quite deceived by CDPR. Fool me once...

Gonna hold off for now and hope that a few patches improve things (on Pro). As others have said - there's plenty of other stuff to play.

Soldato
Just watched this too - was what I was waiting for. Pretty damning! :(

I know some will say it runs ok on the new gen consoles, but the vast majority of players are still using last gen. With all the delays, the way they avoided showing base console footage, and not providing console versions to reviewers, I do feel quite deceived by CDPR. Fool me once...

Gonna hold off for now and hope that a few patches improve things (on Pro). As others have said - there's plenty of other stuff to play.
PS5 looks like it's 60fps and same res as the Ps4 Pro, so just over 1080p. I think PS5 with the proper patch will be dynamic 1440p at 60fps with basic/no RT, and maybe dynamic 4k 30fps with a bit more/some RT.

Happy to wait for the next gen patches, the bugs should have been patched by then too...

Soldato
They releases this game in the state its in with the majority of players on last gen systems. What the hell where they doing. None of this looks acceptable. Even then on new gen machines they are running last gen upscaled. 8 years... 8 years they have been at this.

Back
Top Bottom