*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I use Nvidia's gforce experience fps counter, it's the only part of the gforce overlay I use.

Switched adaptive vsync on in the Nvidia control panel as well because I was getting fed up of having 300-800 fps while using the inventory. FPS that high was causing coil whine and the fan to get noisier than it does when I'm running around Night City :(

Soldato
I absolutely love it I've played 9 hours today, I haven't played a game this much since the 90's, I had to step away as my back is hurting :D
I haven't seen any off these bugs, just a few minor ones that haven't bothered me, it was crashing all the time at first until I clocked down my memory.

Associate
Runs okay my RTX2080Ti.

1440p DLSS balanced, RT to medium, gets around 55-75 in the opening areas.

Looking forward to DF's optimization guide to squeeze a few extra frames out of it without too much loss in IQ.

Soldato
Initial impressions after 90 mins or so are good. I feel like I really want to wander round and explore too which I hand has in a game since probably GTAV.

Performance wise on my 3080 @ 3440x1440 - I've got most settings on high or ultra with RT medium and DLSS Balanced. I'm getting 55-70 on average but as low as 45 in one scene where it was raining and in a car. Not really noticed any bugs yet.

Soldato
Running at 4k, ultra / phsycho, balanced DLSS I'm getting between 34 and 45 FPS.

HDR actually works and seems very good.

I've got the 3080 undervolted but might try and go for an extra 100mhz

Some textures are horrible, some doors are like the quality of games 15 years ago like DOOM

Soldato
One thing I just thought of: They have ‘c’ assigned to crouch, but also to “skip” whenever people are talking. Seems like a really bad choice :/

Associate
Everything turned on, RT at max, HDR on, DLSS at quality and I'm getting mid 40s to mid 50s fps with the super ultrawide. It's the best game world I've ever been in. Spent the first hour after leaving my apartment going on walkabout. City feels very alive and real.

Soldato
Spent a couple of hours on it tonight. Absolutely love it. Performance is fantastic. Was automatically assigned high settings and RTX on high, DLSS automatic.

Only on a 1080p display but getting 60fps most of the time. Spec is Ryzen 7 3700X, 2070 Super, 32GB

Getting some strong Kingpin vibes from it. Not enjoyed a PC game like this in years :)

Soldato
That's not exactly a universal truth, is it? I know some people are having genuine issues and some are blowing small things way out of proportion as usual, but there are plenty of us playing it just fine with no problems.

Universal??? No idea what you getting at. I've been seeing a lot of comments tagged onto guru benchmarks, YouTube reviews, here in the console section for the game, generally seeing ppl getting refunds most places I'm reading about the game is all I'm saying.

Obviously not everyone will be refunding, but we gotta call this game out for what it is. Should not have released like this, should not be getting applauded for the state it is. Undeniably it's an incredible world, but when you watch reviews like Skillups which show severe problems sith the design choices in menus, crafting, stuff not working along with all the bugs, it's a good thing ppl are refunding, more ppl need to. To release a game in this state isnt a practice that should be defended or applauded.

Friends of mine are now giving up playing for the time being as bugs are getting to much with performance not being great unless you can brute force it with an overpriced gpu and cpu combo if you've been lucky enough to get hold of one the last couple of months. Also, and you must have noticed if you been in these forums, there's more ppl not enjoying it than I'd ever thought I'd see.

Soldato
Universal??? No idea what you getting at. I've been seeing a lot of comments tagged onto guru benchmarks, YouTube reviews, here in the console section for the game, generally seeing ppl getting refunds most places I'm reading about the game is all I'm saying.

Obviously not everyone will be refunding, but we gotta call this game out for what it is. Should not have released like this, should not be getting applauded for the state it is. Undeniably it's an incredible world, but when you watch reviews like Skillups which show severe problems sith the design choices in menus, crafting, stuff not working along with all the bugs, it's a good thing ppl are refunding, more ppl need to. To release a game in this state isnt a practice that should be defended or applauded.

Friends of mine are now giving up playing for the time being as bugs are getting to much with performance not being great unless you can brute force it with an overpriced gpu and cpu combo if you've been lucky enough to get hold of one the last couple of months. Also, and you must have noticed if you been in these forums, there's more ppl not enjoying it than I'd ever thought I'd see.

I agree with most of your points but regardless of how many comments you have seen, the game sold 8 million copies on day one. I think 57%? on PC which is the best behaving platform at the moment. The amount of comments about getting a refund are meaningless in the grand scheme of how many copies were sold.

Back
Top Bottom