Spec me gloves

Soldato
I'm looking for a pair of gloves that look nice and thin, black or tan, like the sort of gloves you'd see James bond wearing, but which would be as warm as my usual cheap £5 Thinsulate gloves. And they need to be thin enough to feel and operate the controls on my camera easily. Any recommendations?

Soldato
OP
^ Perfect. Amazing how you knew the exact design I wanted.

By the way guys, I just discovered there are gloves that have touchscreen technology built in. That would be useful. So I want a pair of cool looking gloves, that are thin and very warm, and have touchscreen technology. I'm glad I'm not asking for much.

Soldato
Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I bought these recently and they're excellent - https://rab.equipment/uk/power-stretch-contact-glove Thin and lightweight but really comfortable, fit nicely and keep my hands very warm.

Thanks, they do seem good, are the right price, not as nice looking as the ones Scrutinize linked but mostly fit the brief. I will definitely consider those.

Thanks, these look exactly how I want them to when I mentioned james bond style. I also happen to have a John Lewis gift voucher with I think £20 remaining on it. So, no brainer really! :D
Do you have a pair and do they keep your hands very warm?

I might also buy the ones that Azza linked just for the touchscreen tech and have a pair of each.

Soldato
Thanks, these look exactly how I want them to when I mentioned james bond style. I also happen to have a John Lewis gift voucher with I think £20 remaining on it. So, no brainer really! :D
Do you have a pair and do they keep your hands very warm?

Yes, I have a pair and they are well fitted so size as you would expect so no need to size up or down. Warm as you will get with this type.

Soldato
OP
Yes, I have a pair and they are well fitted so size as you would expect so no need to size up or down. Warm as you will get with this type.

I'll give it a go. I always find the £5 Thinsulate gloves very warm so I hope the John Lewis can match those or get close. I guess they won't be waterproof though? But even so, that's not really an issue for me.

Soldato
Bond wasn't taking pictures though - does he even fire a gun/fght with them on (... his ski mitts on the other hand)
for dexterity with a camera, or a smartphone, gore windstopper, like powerstretch work ok for controls on my bicycle, but not a camera. -
one with removable fingertips, might ?

Back
Top Bottom