*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I agree with most of your points but regardless of how many comments you have seen, the game sold 8 million copies on day one. I think 57%? on PC which is the best behaving platform at the moment. The amount of comments about getting a refund are meaningless in the grand scheme of how many copies were sold.

Absolutely. I'm in no way trying to be argumentative or anything, just things I didn't expect to see for a huge title like this given the time they've had plus the delays to get it really polished then it just launches in a state. The game will be meme worthy within days with the bugs I'm seeing plastered on social media. For people to say they are not enjoying it after playing for a few hours after they've been looking forward to it for years I find really surprising.

Soldato
Are some games actually "really polished" on release day? I always wait at least 12 months before I buy a game. Tons of bug fixes, tons of new features, tons of performance tweeks, and it's generally at a reduced price.

I cant wait to play this game in December 2021 :D

Associate
Absolutely. I'm in no way trying to be argumentative or anything, just things I didn't expect to see for a huge title like this given the time they've had plus the delays to get it really polished then it just launches in a state. The game will be meme worthy within days with the bugs I'm seeing plastered on social media. For people to say they are not enjoying it after playing for a few hours after they've been looking forward to it for years I find really surprising.
There are already plenty of memes. It’s a sad state of affairs. :(

Soldato

I honestly think the issue is having so many platforms to release on, XBO, PS4, Pro, X, PC, Stadia, PS5, XSX and S. Having to split optimisation and bug fixes between all of those just seems like a recipe for trouble.

I haven't experienced anything but minor bugs yet but no doubt in 3-6 months this game will be in a much better state. It is and probably always now will be the state of game releases. On the plus side, at least this game is actually very good and looks amazing.

Soldato
I honestly think the issue is having so many platforms to release on, XBO, PS4, Pro, X, PC, Stadia, PS5, XSX and S. Having to split optimisation and bug fixes between all of those just seems like a recipe for trouble.

I haven't experienced anything but minor bugs yet but no doubt in 3-6 months this game will be in a much better state. It is and probably always now will be the state of game releases. On the plus side, at least this game is actually very good and looks amazing.

I'm waiting till Dec 25th annoyingly. Maybe 3 weeks wait is a good thing, I want to savour this world.

Soldato
I just cannot get over how populated the world feels walking though crowds and and the ambient noise. True immersion. Praying CDPR optimise more however this is cutting edge stuff

Soldato
I use Nvidia's gforce experience fps counter, it's the only part of the gforce overlay I use.

Switched adaptive vsync on in the Nvidia control panel as well because I was getting fed up of having 300-800 fps while using the inventory. FPS that high was causing coil whine and the fan to get noisier than it does when I'm running around Night City :(
You can cap fps in the menu

Caporegime
Can't remember the last time I played a game for the entire day and didn't get bored of it. Just finished Act 1 and it's been an amazing experience so far.

Still hasn't crashed on me and the only bug I've encountered for most of the day has been a couple of floating objects (looked like PDQs) in a bar so it actually feels like an incredibly polished game to me.

Need to rest my eyes now though :D

Soldato
Universal??? No idea what you getting at. I've been seeing a lot of comments tagged onto guru benchmarks, YouTube reviews, here in the console section for the game, generally seeing ppl getting refunds most places I'm reading about the game is all I'm saying.

Obviously not everyone will be refunding, but we gotta call this game out for what it is. Should not have released like this, should not be getting applauded for the state it is. Undeniably it's an incredible world, but when you watch reviews like Skillups which show severe problems sith the design choices in menus, crafting, stuff not working along with all the bugs, it's a good thing ppl are refunding, more ppl need to. To release a game in this state isnt a practice that should be defended or applauded.

Friends of mine are now giving up playing for the time being as bugs are getting to much with performance not being great unless you can brute force it with an overpriced gpu and cpu combo if you've been lucky enough to get hold of one the last couple of months. Also, and you must have noticed if you been in these forums, there's more ppl not enjoying it than I'd ever thought I'd see.

Universal refers to your original absolute statement that the game is broken. I disagree, as I, and plenty of others aren't seeing these issues you refer to. You can read plenty of those positive experiences in this very thread.
That means that it's not a universal problem or an 'end of' point of view. It doesn't mean that I'm denying that others are having issues, however.

I haven't watched or read reviews. I've played it for myself and all I can comment on is my own experience.
Perhaps I will come across a game breaking bug at some point. Who knows?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm waiting till Dec 25th annoyingly. Maybe 3 weeks wait is a good thing, I want to savour this world.

To be fair there will probably be a number of patches between then and now which will certainly fix any game breaking bugs and a good amount of the lower level ones.

Referring specifically to the PC version I don't think it is actually 'un-optimised'. Although certain games might be better in certain areas as a whole CB2077 is truly next gen and isn't supposed to be maxed yet. But luckily, even at medium graphics it looks incredible.

As to what bugs remain come the 25th, meh, most of the lower end ones do break immersion but are also pretty funny :p Hell, we played Ark together years ago, that game deserved many awards for the amount of bugs that would frustrate the **** out of you :D

Soldato
Universal refers to your original absolute statement that the game is broken. I disagree, as I, and plenty of others aren't seeing these issues you refer to. You can read plenty of those positive experiences in this very thread.
That means that it's not a universal problem or an 'end of' point of view. It doesn't mean that I'm denying that others are having issues, however.

I haven't watched or read reviews. I've played it for myself and all I can comment on is my own experience.
Perhaps I will come across a game breaking bug at some point. Who knows?

You're not aware of posters here saying its a buggy mess, they're getting crashes, not enjoying the game etc? Not seen social media posts and memes about cars disappearing, floating characters, building textures not loading? Not seen reviews saying it's unoptimised and ridden with bugs?

Soldato
You're not aware of posters here saying its a buggy mess, they're getting crashes, not enjoying the game etc? Not seen social media posts and memes about cars disappearing, floating characters, building textures not loading? Not seen reviews saying it's unoptimised and ridden with bugs?
You know what, Tony, I'm really starting to get the feeling that you're unable to actually read or comprehend what's being said.

Back
Top Bottom