*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
5950x and 3080 @ 1440p Maxed settings & RT (except not psycho level), HDR. Game is locked at 60fps, in fact I can't seem to unlock the fps even with the fps limiting and vsync off ?

Awesome game so far. Just had one bug at the start, where I started in the desert as a Nomad and climbed on a roof of a building and suddenly bugged out and my character shot about a mile away :D came back and my car was back in the garage and couldn't move it, just had to go back to earlier auto save.

Soldato
5950x and 3080 @ 1440p Maxed settings & RT (except not psycho level), HDR. Game is locked at 60fps, in fact I can't seem to unlock the fps even with the fps limiting and vsync off ?

Awesome game so far. Just had one bug at the start, where I started in the desert as a Nomad and climbed on a roof of a building and suddenly bugged out and my character shot about a mile away :D came back and my car was back in the garage and couldn't move it, just had to go back to earlier auto save.
fine here getting 60-90 fps at 4K :D

Soldato
Well.

Enjoying it.

But you're kidding yourself if you think this anyrhing more that a gorgeous looking cardboard cutout.

NPCs do nothing. City life is skin deep. Police don't behave like police. Nothing really, happens. Every interesting sequence is scripted.

GTA 2077.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if people admit the game didn't live up to the hype they would be admitting they got suckered... you're going to have to wait at least a month or two before people start being willing to discuss the game properly

Associate
If this thread is 80% frame rates etc. It would be helpful if people post what cpu they are using as well just to give up more of an idea.

No point saying 60fps on a 1080ti if we dont know what the resolution or cpu is....

Yes please

Relevant specs: -

i7-5930K (o/c to 4.2) with Corsair Hydro H100i cooler
2 x Titan Xp (obviously 1 will sit idle) - the one being used has EVGA AIO hybrid cooler
32GB RAM (3000MHz)
500GB M.2 NVMe (Windows and game installed on this)
EVGA X99 Micro2 M/B
1000w PSU
65" 4K OLED

Thanks

Associate
Well.

Enjoying it.

But you're kidding yourself if you think this anyrhing more that a gorgeous looking cardboard cutout.

NPCs do nothing. City life is skin deep. Police don't behave like police. Nothing really, happens. Every interesting sequence is scripted.

GTA 2077.

That's what was always my main concern

Soldato
Cannot really get a handle on this game and whether it is for me. Have watched a couple of video reviews which were at best contradictory.
If someone could give me a brief synopsis of this game I would appreciate it?
What could you compare it to?

Soldato
This game hammers my 3900X, its hitting 80C:eek: Up to now only Cinebench has done that, did not think any game would get a 3900X so hot!

That is odd. Even when I had RT on my 3600 was quite happy at about 50%, everything else is maxed out.

As for problems with the game I have only had one issue early on when a menu froze. Not seen to many glitches and no CTD.

I would say it is better than GTA when it released as that, for me, was plagued with issues. However, reading on here and the wider interweb it does seem that it is a nightmare for a lot and that is inexcusable. 8 million pre sales though and 1 million playing on steam at launch I think the vast majority of people on here seem to have bought it on GOG? might be wrong. In my daughters shared home, there are 3 people playing across PS4 and Xbox and they have all having a great experience.

Soldato
Cannot really get a handle on this game and whether it is for me. Have watched a couple of video reviews which were at best contradictory.

For me I love it for the open world Deus Ex style game. I’m currently going around pretending to be robocop taking out gang members/getting to know the city.

in fact I really hope there will be a robocop mod at some point :)

Soldato

Deus Ex/GTA5 hybrid.

Not sure if was for me - but for £20 via vpn, it's no biggy if I don't enjoy it.

Soldato
No one replied to my question so I'll ask again, is it worth me playing this on my Gtx 1660 or wait until the new year when I get a 3000 series card?

Soldato
No one replied to my question so I'll ask again, is it worth me playing this on my Gtx 1660 or wait until the new year when I get a 3000 series card?

Only you can answer that....

Will it run on your graphics card? Yes

Will it look any good? Doubt it

Soldato
If this thread is 80% frame rates etc. It would be helpful if people post what cpu they are using as well just to give up more of an idea.

No point saying 60fps on a 1080ti if we dont know what the resolution or cpu is....
Honestly needs another thread. I don't care whether people think the game looks pretty, or runs well, or runs bad. It would be great to talk about the actual GAME element. Graphics have NEVER ruled over gameplay not once.

Very true. Nothing feels linked, the story missions are so different to the rest of the gameplay its just weird. Take getting cybernetic upgrades:

Main mission:
Talk to the dude, have a nice scripted scene where you can actually see the upgrades happening to your character.
normal gameplay:
walk up to the dude, a menu opens and you pick what you want and it adds or swaps out the previous mod.

I do like the side missions and random events, but it does just feel like I'm doing it more because its fun (for now) or to boost street cred rather than actually impacting anything at all.

What shocks me is that CDPR know how to do this properly. In Witcher 3 if you wanted to get new armour you had to go and hunt first to find where it might be hidden, then you have to go on a long quest to actually get some of it and whilst its a side mission it still feels like part of the whole game. So I don't know why they stumbled hard here.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if people admit the game didn't live up to the hype they would be admitting they got suckered... you're going to have to wait at least a month or two before people start being willing to discuss the game properly
Living up to the hype easily as far as I am concerned. They just needed more time to sort out bugs it seems, but I am happy they released it now. They will continue to fix and optimise with time. Imagine if they delayed until the summer to get it right, people would have gone mad. Lol.

That's weird, my 3900xt is barely touched.
It comes down to the resolution you game on and how high the fps is. I am on 4K and fps never goes above 60 (I have G-sync on) so even my 3600 @ 4.4GHz only gets 40-50% utilisation.

Soldato

I'm playing the game on my 1660

Looks and plays fine with most graphics settings on High at 1080p

Obviously ray tracing is off but the game still looks reasonable

Soldato
Errr (puts hand up), my universe. Maybe I'm an outlier, but I'm happy at 25fps in open world games.

It's not worth it looking good in a screenshot by playing at 25 fps. Combat is incredibly choppy at that level of frames. Movement even in scripted sequences gets effected which pulls you out of the game because it's so noticeable. Getting my FPS above 60 has made it much more of a joy to play.

Back
Top Bottom