*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
60 fps minimum or gtfo!

Don't know how people can play at anything less, even with free/g sync, fps dips to anything below 60 is still horrible.

Associate
I think I'm going to play tonight with RT off. Playing @ 3440*1440p on a 3070 (& 5600x) I have to have DLSS set to performance to use full ray tracing, and then I'm dropping down to 45fps outside the apartment building. If I turn RT off I can have DLSS set to quality instead, and get a much better 60fps worst case, average of 75-80.

Let's be honest though, it's either poorly optimised or extremely demanding. The only way it's playable for 99% of people is with DLSS enabled, which in reality, is a graphical cheat, at native resolutions it's unplayable. I watched a YouTube video last night, someone had a 10900k & RTX3090. With DLSS & ray tracing off he was getting 40fps @ 4k, in a dark underground car park, it dropped to below 20 when outside. For a £1500 GPU that's unacceptable

Soldato
I think I'm going to play tonight with RT off. Playing @ 3440*1440p on a 3070 (& 5600x) I have to have DLSS set to performance to use full ray tracing, and then I'm dropping down to 45fps outside the apartment building. If I turn RT off I can have DLSS set to quality instead, and get a much better 60fps worst case, average of 75-80.

Let's be honest though, it's either poorly optimised or extremely demanding. The only way it's playable for 99% of people is with DLSS enabled, which in reality, is a graphical cheat, at native resolutions it's unplayable. I watched a YouTube video last night, someone had a 10900k & RTX3090. With DLSS & ray tracing off he was getting 40fps @ 4k, in a dark underground car park, it dropped to below 20 when outside. For a £1500 GPU that's unacceptable

I think the issue is they are Ray Tracing properly from every light source in an open world. Some areas just destroy your FPS. I can understand why Control looks stunning with RT on but that is a much smaller hand crafted play area.

Soldato
60 fps minimum or gtfo!

Don't know how people can play at anything less, even with free/g sync, fps dips to anything below 60 is still horrible.

And likewise, I can't believe how people can throw their toys out of the pram, when a game is performing under 60fps :p

Admittedly, I haven't tested what FPS I am getting - but it's smooth enough for me, and I can't imagine I'm getting 60FPS :p

I've been waiting for this for years - I'm just happy it runs :D

Soldato
60 fps minimum or gtfo!

This always makes me laugh as i been PC gaming for about 24 years and it only been around the last 8 or so years where GPU & monitors have been able to give higher FPS/HZ then 60 in AAA games

Soldato
Had only about an hour last night so havent exploded the city yet.

I left the settings as it was by default excect I dropped resolution to 1440p and turned off the nasty effects we all hate.

Turned off raytracing and set DLSS to performance and so far I'm getting a locked 60fps on a 2060S

I set sharpness filter in nVidia overlay too.

I sit about 3 1/2 meters away from the TV and to me it looks brilliant.

I've found recently I'm pretty happy to even play at 1080p at this distance.

One bug so far, a chap sat in an invisible chair mid air in the road. I drove around him and it said I attacked someone and the police were on me :)

Other wise happy so far. Really nice set dressing/world building

Caporegime
This always makes me laugh as i been PC gaming for about 24 years and it only been around the last 8 or so years where GPU & monitors have been able to give higher FPS/HZ then 60

Still early in the morning so not sure if I am picking this up wrong or not.... :p

I don't mean pushing above 60hz/fps i.e. 144HZ/fps, I just mean a solid locked 60 fps, both min and max fps to be 60.

I am perfectly happy with a solid locked 60 fps on my oled tv (because oled handles motion clarity far better than lcd panels so 60 fps is perfectly acceptable on oled)

Essentially give me that locked/solid 60 fps with vsync (frame latency is perfectly smooth/flat line) on my 60hz oled over 48-144 fps fluctuations on my 144HZ freesync premium LCD monitor.

ne0

ne0

Associate
played a good few hours last night, managed to hold ~50fps for the most part with everything on ultra, full ray tracing, DLSS on balanced @ 3440 ultrawide with HDR on my trusty old 2080ti :D

immersion off the scale with this game, seriously goodbye real life lol

Associate
It's not worth it looking good in a screenshot by playing at 25 fps. Combat is incredibly choppy at that level of frames. Movement even in scripted sequences gets effected which pulls you out of the game because it's so noticeable. Getting my FPS above 60 has made it much more of a joy to play.

Good to know your experience with playing at low fps, seems it's different to mine!

I went through most of RDR2 on an R9 290X, must have been returning 20-25fps. Loved every minute.

Now on a 2080 Super- No idea what fps I'm getting in Cyberpunk, but it's working great!

Associate
I was so confused in the training bit at the beginning where you have to select codes to hack a robot and make a grenade go off. Did that bit makes sense for anyone else? I could only select something in the first column and there was a timer which seemed to have no bearing on anything. I didn't really do anything but still managed to pass that section.

Associate
I was so confused in the training bit at the beginning where you have to select codes to hack a robot and make a grenade go off. Did that bit makes sense for anyone else? I could only select something in the first column and there was a timer which seemed to have no bearing on anything. I didn't really do anything but still managed to pass that section.

Yeah the tutorial could have gone a little deeper!

Having said that, as much as I want to understand the stealth/hacking mechanics, I know I'm going to end up going in guns blazing at every opportunity. :D

ne0

ne0

Associate
Let's be honest though, it's either poorly optimised or extremely demanding.

This game is actually very well optimised imo. When I compare to how some earlier games with RTX have performed with far less RT effects (this game has the full suite remember) then it's remarkable how well it runs with all of those cutting edge effects enabled.

I have no doubt CDPR will optimise even more in the coming months. So excited for that.

Soldato

Yeah I found it to be a bit messy.

In the stealth one its teaching you to crouch and sneak around the enemies, but one of them literally stands, eyes locked on an opening you HAVE TO walk past? As far as I could tell there was no way to not almost get detected there

Soldato
This game is actually very well optimised imo. When I compare to how some earlier games with RTX have performed with far less RT effects (this game has the full suite remember) then it's remarkable how well it runs with all of those cutting edge effects enabled.

I have no doubt CDPR will optimise even more in the coming months. So excited for that.

Yeah I think this is essentially our new Crysis. Well, actually that may have been poorly optimised. I just mean in the way its pushing the latest visual tech where other titles seem to hold back

Soldato
Good to know your experience with playing at low fps, seems it's different to mine!

I went through most of RDR2 on an R9 290X, must have been returning 20-25fps. Loved every minute.

Now on a 2080 Super- No idea what fps I'm getting in Cyberpunk, but it's working great!

I envy you mate :) seriously. It's so jarring at that low fps it's impossible for me to ignore. As agreed by DF when taking a close inspection of base PS4 / PS4 Pro versions:

Associate
Yeah I found it to be a bit messy.

In the stealth one its teaching you to crouch and sneak around the enemies, but one of them literally stands, eyes locked on an opening you HAVE TO walk past? As far as I could tell there was no way to not almost get detected there

That bit was confusing. At first I was under the impression I had to find a way around said guard, I didn't realise I could 'sneak' right in front of him maybe 10ft away and not get spotted. Same for the next guard stood side on to the stairs, he clearly has zero peripheral vision.

The hacking tutorial, also very confusing/poorly laid out. Will probably result in me choosing to run into every situation with a shotgun instead

Associate
40-50% performance uplift at 1440p ultra settings when running CAS FidelityFX static 80% on a Vega. As for difference in image quality, that can be judged from the images below.

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-08-43-38-828.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-08-44-03-371.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-09-01-43-723.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-09-02-02-919.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-09-06-14-455.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-09-06-30-877.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-09-08-55-775.jpg

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-11-09-09-11-448.jpg

It's pretty amazing how well these algorithms can work these days, although the game clearly does have a certain amount of blur already present. Still a win in my book.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom