Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
I'm not on another planet. Its obvious that even after 8 years, they haven't been able to get it running well on the old consoles. The graphics and performance on the base PS4 look atrocious.

I don't know why that is, because it honestly doesn't even look that great compared with other releases. Who knows, maybe they simply don't have the development talent that other studios have, or they sacked all their good coders and splurged all their money on Keanu Reeves instead :p.

The last gen consoles will be ditched sooner or later, just like always. CDPR could have been one of the first developers to make that decision, concentrated on the PC release, and then released a PS5 and Series X version next year.
You realise when you say old consoles you mean the only consoles they have had access to up until probably 6-12months ago.
Obviously the PS4/xbone will be ditched eventually but not 1 month into the life of next/this generation.
Especially not in the current stock/demand situation.

Caporegime
You realise when you say old consoles you mean the only consoles they have had access to up until probably 6-12months ago.
Obviously the PS4/xbone will be ditched eventually but not 1 month into the life of next/this generation.
Especially not in the current stock/demand situation.

Yes, but as i said, perhaps it may have been more prudent for them to focus on releasing an amazingly polished PC version, and then release a Series X/ps5 version next year, instead of this botched simultaneous release on all platforms, and on consoles that they are clearly struggling with in terms of getting it to run correctly.

Caporegime
I hope they get sued for false advertising or something the way they've manipulated reviewers and garnered 10/10 reviews by only showing the PC version. Not to mention promising everything would be okay launch day due to a patch.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think Sony is about the only remaining hold out on not allowing refunds isn't it? Not sure about Nintendo but I think pretty much every digital store these days allows a two hour play window for refund requests.

I think sony allow it in EU albeit with some hoops (have to by law), not in america, they defnitly doing the minimum they can get away with.

Soldato
**** me, the more I play this on the base PS4 the worse it gets. Walk past a NPC, spin around and they disappear.

Is this running ok for folks on the PS5, graphically?

that annoys me in games, gta5 does similar with traffic as well, they only spawn in your line of sight as if they think thats all that matters.

Soldato
Quick tip for next gen XSX owners (probably also applies to everyone with HDR TVs, but I cannot confirm it)

For anyone with a HDR enabled TV and playing on XSX - turn off your HDR10 setting in your console settings, quit the game (Xbox middle button, quit game so that it doesn't go into quick resume) and reboot your console. When you've fired the game up again, use the same button click where you would have gone to see HDR settings, but now it will bring up gamma, and set the image so that the fa rleft image is barely visible.

This has made a huge difference to the lighting in the game. Even though my TV is HGIG, it was totally washed out and had this weird green hue. While disappointing that you can't use your fancy HDRTV, the game actually looks an awful lot better.

sounds like they did a poor job of colour mapping, as HDR you are reliant on how the colours have been mapped.

Permabanned
Not far enough in yet to judge too much but I stuck it on quality mode and have been playing on a 1440p monitor. Graphics on the whole were ok, nothing particularly special. Except near the beginning when flying over the city, the views out the transport looked superb.

Also its awful on controller, may regret buying on console but will try plugging keyboard/mouse in.

Soldato
I hope they get sued for false advertising or something the way they've manipulated reviewers and garnered 10/10 reviews by only showing the PC version. Not to mention promising everything would be okay launch day due to a patch.

How comes metacritic only has the pc version reviewed, and only critic reviews not seen an user reviews on there yet, strange.

Soldato
Not far enough in yet to judge too much but I stuck it on quality mode and have been playing on a 1440p monitor. Graphics on the whole were ok, nothing particularly special. Except near the beginning when flying over the city, the views out the transport looked superb.

Also its awful on controller, may regret buying on console but will try plugging keyboard/mouse in.

A few people have mentioned its a little more stable in quality mode as the frames don't dip as much as in performance mode, also someone created a great settings guide on things to disable to potentially improve things.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...CaX_s5PiQ-ucnV-9bbDl7i0tn5muDu-2uGLagDsEe/pub

Soldato
The way people are these days with everything, I think no matter what CDPR did they was going to make some people annoyed and others happy. Especially with it being so hyped up and the long wait for the game, imagine how many people would have been annoyed if they scrapped it from the PS4 / XBO then imagine how many people would have been annoyed if they’d of delayed again until next year. They can’t please everybody. If people are unhappy with how the game is in its current state then just wait ? They will obviously get round to fixing the issues. Then on the other hand you have people enjoying the game and it’s running fine for them.

I’m currently on with demons souls then will get this for the PC, and if it runs like trash or I encounter bugs that are game breaking (to me) I’ll just wait :D

Associate
Only 8 years in development? Duke Nukem would like a word.

I had no idea it was in development that long, was always going to end in tears, much like Duke.

Have a huge back log of games to get through anyway, god knows how much I end paying for CP when it's finally ready for next gen play through.

PS6 or XBSS/XX anyone :D

Soldato
They releases this game in the state its in with the majority of players on last gen systems. What the hell where they doing. None of this looks acceptable. Even then on new gen machines they are running last gen upscaled. 8 years... 8 years they have been at this.

reviewers need to take a hard look at themselves, they reviewed the game on hardware that maybe 2-3% of the entire gaming population uses, then scored base on that.

As you said even looking at the console situation, they will be many more playing this on ps4/ps4 pro vs ps5.

Associate
The way people are these days with everything, I think no matter what CDPR did they was going to make some people annoyed and others happy. Especially with it being so hyped up and the long wait for the game, imagine how many people would have been annoyed if they scrapped it from the PS4 / XBO then imagine how many people would have been annoyed if they’d of delayed again until next year. They can’t please everybody. If people are unhappy with how the game is in its current state then just wait ? They will obviously get round to fixing the issues. Then on the other hand you have people enjoying the game and it’s running fine for them.

I’m currently on with demons souls then will get this for the PC, and if it runs like trash or I encounter bugs that are game breaking (to me) I’ll just wait :D

Whilst I do agree with the “you can’t please everyone” sentiment in general, it’s the lack of transparency and dishonesty in this case that’s particularly jarring. Waiting is the obvious solution now, but CDPR’s behaviour shouldn’t be excused IMO.

Soldato
Back in the real world, shareholder returns requirement wins over angry gamers.

Well considering that 44% of CDPR is held by the original founders I think you'll find they have a vested interest to cash grab.

But sure feel free to defend a company releasing a broken product at Xmas and blocking any reviews of said product to warn people. All for the shareholders, YAY! There should be compulsory lectures on ethics for these type of people.

Back
Top Bottom