*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Just encountered my first bug - gave Jackie a call and he teleported to me stuck in a sitting position (sitting on nothing, floating in the air), still yapping away. Minor and funny bug :D nothing else so far 9 hours in.

Seems like most of the bugs/issues are the with last gen console versions.

Associate
I have bought the pc version now after refunding what is garbage on consoles. This looks so much better and as I expected it to look on my series x. I might actually enjoy playing it now. It's running ok on my 2070s and 2700x so far @ 1440

Associate
I envy you mate :) seriously. It's so jarring at that low fps it's impossible for me to ignore. As agreed by DF when taking a close inspection of base PS4 / PS4 Pro versions:

I get that some people can't tolerate it, but it doesn't matter how many other people agree that they can't - I can :D

Even when VR goes glitchy, it doesn't affect me. Lucky I guess!

Soldato
in what universe do you live in where 40 fps is comfortable
One in which I'm playing a fairly slow-paced story-driven singleplayer game. I'm here to take in the sights and right now I don't want to have to drop the settings massively just to edge up the framerate when I'm in busier areas.

I'm not gaming on a super high refresh monitor so I have no interest in trying to chase massive framerate. Additionally, prior to getting the 5700xt earlier in the week I was mainly playing Star Citizen, Vermintide 2 and Insurgency Sandstorm. All of which were running about 40-50fps on my GTX1070 for the most part depending on what was on screen. Sure my 2077 framerate might be jarring if I'd just hopped over from playing Doom or some eSport title, but right now it's what I'm used to!

Soldato
Sorry but this is nonsense.

Tis game runs perfectly fine on my system and many many others in here.

You seem hurt about a very very good game. Same with rd2 and last of us part 2. Slated just for the sake of clicks and responses

Nonsense because it works fine for you? Brilliant.

Another one turning a blind eye to the bugs, bad reviews, gamers not enjoying it, world being pretty but empty. Sorry my opinion offended your love for the game but I call it how it is. Just because its CDPR and ppl get a big chubby for anything they do, defending this game just because its a big pretty world is nonsense.

Let's face it, you wouldn't say its been buggy for you would you. Yet every review outlet or online reviewer is calling it an absolute bug ridden experience ruining any enjoyment of the game.

Soldato

Another one turning a blind eye to the bugs, bad reviews, gamers not enjoying it, world being pretty but empty. Sorry my opinion offe da your love for the game but call it how it is. Just because its CDPR and ppl get a big chubby for anything they do, defending this game just because its a big pretty world is the nonsense in your reply.
Works fine for 9/10 people

Soldato
There doesn't seem to be a walk key? And I've been playing Metro Exodus a lot recently and I like walking lol.

Did anyone else notice this?

Also the double tap dodging doesn't seem needed in this game...it's not Doom. I wish I could disable double tap dodging as I often double tap forward to walk slowly and my character leaps forward. But my intention is just to walk, not to dodge or leap.

Anyways, the crashing seemed to stop for me yesterday after trying every fix I could find on the internet, the one that I think worked for me in the end was playing full screen instead of windowed borderless and running the game from the exe file from the game installation folder. Nothing else worked accept this for me.

Haha, I agree :D Especially when you're following someone who is walking - I'm having to move forward, stop, move forward, stop etc. :p

Similar thing when driving - I'm revving, stopping, revving, stopping :p Driving is likely to be much better when using a controller

Soldato

Another one turning a blind eye to the bugs, bad reviews, gamers not enjoying it, world being pretty but empty. Sorry my opinion offended your love for the game but I call it how it is. Just because its CDPR and ppl get a big chubby for anything they do, defending this game just because its a big pretty world is nonsense.

Let's face it, you wouldn't say its been buggy for you would you. Yet every review outlet or online reviewer is calling it an absolute bug ridden experience ruining any enjoyment of the game.
Tony, you're basically saying that anyone who says it's been fine for them is a liar because fanboi, because pretty etc.

Have you considered that maybe it actually has been fine for many of us?

Soldato
Yet every review outlet or online reviewer is calling it an absolute bug ridden experience ruining any enjoyment of the game.
Bug ridden and unenjoyable experience, yet all the reviews seem to all still be scoring it 9/10. So can't be that bad!

I'm 6 hours in and the only serious bug I've encountered is occasionally on menus I can't move my mouse outside of the 16:9 central part of my 21:9 monitor. It's annoying, but considering the rest of the game I'm overlooking it for now. Hopefully that gets fixed in a patch soon.

Associate
From Reddit:

wxv594qj6f461.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Haha, I agree :D Especially when you're following someone who is walking - I'm having to move forward, stop, move forward, stop etc. :p

Similar thing when driving - I'm revving, stopping, revving, stopping :p Driving is likely to be much better when using a controller

its not great with a controller either, the driving is very twitching.

ne0

ne0

Associate
There doesn't seem to be a walk key? And I've been playing Metro Exodus a lot recently and I like walking lol.

Did anyone else notice this?

Also the double tap dodging doesn't seem needed in this game...it's not Doom. I wish I could disable double tap dodging as I often double tap forward to walk slowly and my character leaps forward. But my intention is just to walk, not to dodge or leap.

hey, yeah same for me on both these points. the lack of walk button has already been mentioned to CDPR I believe so I would expect it will be patched. A work around is to hold down right mouse button which is like your focus/zoom and slows down your movement; this seems to work quite well in most situations.

double tap dodging iis a bit annoying too yeah....a few times I've dodged when just moving around the environment and it's annoying. Hopefully we'll get the option to rebind it or disable it.

Soldato
hey, yeah same for me on both these points. the lack of walk button has already been mentioned to CDPR I believe so I would expect it will be patched. A work around is to hold down right mouse button which is like your focus/zoom and slows down your movement; this seems to work quite well in most situations.

double tap dodging iis a bit annoying too yeah....a few times I've dodged when just moving around the environment and it's annoying. Hopefully we'll get the option to rebind it or disable it.

you can change the dodge in one of the settings files. Obviously we shouldn’t have to do this in a file, but I’m sure it’ll get resolved at some point, but this is the post on Reddit I saw to change it, basically all it’s doing is changing the number of times you tap to dodge so it might stop it from working altogether

Reddit - cyberpunkgame - HOW TO TURN OFF DOUBLE-TAP TO DODGE (M/KB)
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ka62x8/how_to_turn_off_doubletap_to_dodge_mkb/

Back
Top Bottom