*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Also the double tap dodging doesn't seem needed in this game...it's not Doom. I wish I could disable double tap dodging as I often double tap forward to walk slowly and my character leaps forward. But my intention is just to walk, not to dodge or leap.
Im pretty sure they only put that in when fighting the hard psychoninja enemies (whatever their called with the blades and quick attacks), but found I end up running away from them to get space, rather than trying to dodge them.

Soldato
Highly recommend a Sharpness filter for 2077.

Fresh install and the first thing that hit me was the lack of clarity, everything looked smudged or like looking through Vasaline. Found a similar post on Reddit.

Playing at 1440, settings are on High or Ultra. No DLSS or RTX. People have mentioned Screen Space Reflections causing visual artefacts but this is a separate issue. There’s no definition to the picture but after applying a sharpness filter in Reshade there was an instant difference.

Just a suggestion because it was an instant game changer for me. Whereas before the visuals looked quite good, it looked like playing at a lower res than what it should be, like using a non native resolution on your monitor, it just didn’t look crisp.

Literally no cost to FPS, maybe 1fps that’s it when using a sharpness filter. Plus all the other benefits of Reshade if you want them.

Soldato

Fresh install and the first thing that hit me was the lack of clarity, everything looked smudged or like looking through Vasaline. Found a similar post on Reddit.

Playing at 1440, settings are on High or Ultra. No DLSS or RTX. People have mentioned Screen Space Reflections causing visual artefacts but this is a separate issue. There’s no definition to the picture but after applying a sharpness filter in Reshade there was an instant difference.

Just a suggestion because it was an instant game changer for me. Whereas before the visuals looked quite good, it looked like playing at a lower res than what it should be, like using a non native resolution on your monitor, it just didn’t look crisp.

Literally no cost to FPS, maybe 1fps that’s it when using a sharpness filter. Plus all the other benefits of Reshade if you want them.

I tried it on High / Ultra settings. It does look nice and crisp however it makes it a flat and lifeless video game in comparison to having RT effects enabled.
RT seems to add a certain 'feeling' to the game making it more 3d. Hard to describe really

I wonder how it would run if it was a fully path traced game. 1-3fps on a 3090 in 1080p :D
Running full RTX in Quake II compared to Open GL uses about 50x the processing power.

2050fps down to 43fps on a 2080Ti@3440x1440

Associate

You have a link to it? I've never used a sharpness filter

Soldato
I'd recommend turning off post-processing above the need for reshades as a lot of those settings add unecessary blur and noise, see my screenshots.

Associate
I wondered the same. I just wandered off, some people called me about some other things to do, I changed the current objective and no repercussions. So I think it's like the Witcher, you can just ignore the "MAIN" journal items and do what you want.

I suspect there may be a bug at this point as when I left the implant guy it just kept sending me back to him and there was no sign of Jackie, so I just wandered around doing random stuff and eventually shot a civilian and the cops came and killed me. Then when I re-started Jackie was waiting for me where I left him next to Misty and then he told me Dexter was waiting outside.

Soldato
Enjoying it so far, got everything whacked up to Ultra/Psycho and running quality DLSS does drop to the 40's in some areas but looks great to me. Though note turning off Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field and Lens Flare made the image much cleaner and sharper imo so I've left them all off now.

Nice, what spec machine do you have and what res that? 1440p by the looks of it
I'll have to try with Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field and Lens Flare set to off

Search Yoootooo there is plenty of videos highlighting the 980ti. You could defo run it.

I have listed one in the spoilers.

This one is interesting

They should have really aimed for PS4 low/medium settings maintaining 30fps throughout with PS4 pro being medium 30fps throughout. PS5 choice of 30fps nicest looking or 60fps medium/high but no rtx.
Either that or just not released it at all on PS4 /PS4 pro / Xbox. 15fps in action is not playable really

Last edited:
Associate
Shop to have just emailed me saying I will have to wait 10 days before they can take action about copy not turning up.

Surely this is not correct?
its not right for you, but from their point of view it could be delayed somewhere and you might still get it. I have had parcels stuck at the UK hub for over a week recently . I got refunds from rainforest and the parcels then showed up. Since then they have increased the "delivered by" date to cover this extended time it is now taking.

Associate
What do people use for tracking system performance, just arrived in city and fps has took a dump lol.

Task manager shows CPU as 100% and GPU (3070) as like 0-19%?

surely the 9700k isn't causing a bottleneck that huge? its not that old.

Soldato
What do people use for tracking system performance, just arrived in city and fps has took a dump lol.

Task manager shows CPU as 100% and GPU (3070) as like 0-19%?

surely the 9700k isn't causing a bottleneck that huge? its not that old.
I just have Steam FPS overlay enabled

Soldato
its not right for you, but from their point of view it could be delayed somewhere and you might still get it. I have had parcels stuck at the UK hub for over a week recently . I got refunds from rainforest and the parcels then showed up. Since then they have increased the "delivered by" date to cover this extended time it is now taking.

But it was RM 48 and my local post office said they have it, and it's on it way to me today.
But now it's gone :(

Soldato

Can really see the difference a sharper picture makes in these 2 forum members screenshots
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34333262/

Am really interested in knowing what settings agnes is using to make this game look so much clearer & sharper

Back
Top Bottom