*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Shop to have just emailed me saying I will have to wait 10 days before they can take action about copy not turning up.

Surely this is not correct?

Instead of refunding you on good faith they are waiting the 10 days that Royal Mail require before putting in a claim for a lost item

if it was a preorder and they promised it would be with you on launch day then you can argue a refund right away

Soldato
Shop to have just emailed me saying I will have to wait 10 days before they can take action about copy not turning up.

Surely this is not correct?
Why didn't you just buy it on steam or GOG etc :confused: I stopped buying hard retail copies years ago, The Box junk just takes up space and ends up in the loft or in the bin

Soldato
But it was RM 48 and my local post office said they have it, and it's on it way to me today.
But now it's gone :(

I posted a phone next day delivery with royal mail for work. It went missing, even though it had delivered on the website when it clearly wasn't. I couldn't claim it went missing with royal mail until around 12 business days from posted. Funny enough it tuned up back at the office after 3 weeks!

Soldato
Can really see the difference a sharper picture makes in these 2 forum members screenshots
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34333262/

Am really interested in knowing what settings agnes is using to make this game look so much clearer & sharper

Quoted in the other thread but it just looks liek the depth of field setting. Intentional blurring of the closest and furthes objects in the scene with the characters face as the point of focus.

Soldato
But it was RM 48 and my local post office said they have it, and it's on it way to me today.
But now it's gone :(

Mate I had shoes sent with parcel force 48 hour and it took a week to get to me. GL, if you can afford it I would just buy a code and return the posted item.

Soldato
I posted a phone next day delivery with royal mail for work. It went missing, even though it had delivered on the website when it clearly wasn't. I couldn't claim it went missing with royal mail until around 12 business days from posted. Funny enough it tuned up back at the office after 3 weeks!

Yes it was a pre order..

Mate I had shoes sent with parcel force 48 hour and it took a week to get to me. GL, if you can afford it I would just buy a code and return the posted item.

I want the retail copy with the extras to go with my Cyberpunk 2077 collectors book :)

Why didn't you just buy it on steam or GOG etc :confused: I stopped buying hard retail copies years ago, The Box junk just takes up space and ends up in the loft or in the bin

I normally do buy from steam.
But not this time :)

Soldato
Nice, what spec machine do you have and what res that? 1440p by the looks of it
I'll have to try with Film Grain, Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field and Lens Flare set to off

They should have really aimed for PS4 low/medium settings maintaining 30fps throughout with PS4 pro being medium 30fps throughout. PS5 choice of 30fps nicest looking or 60fps medium/high but no rtx.
Either that or just not released it at all on PS4 /PS4 pro / Xbox. 15fps in action is not playable really

Yep 1440p, have a [email protected] and 2080TI running at 2050/8000

Soldato
Didn't Game go bankrupt?
Not quiet yet they haven't. They did on the other hand close ALL their shops in Scandinavia earlier this year. Which wasn't to fun since I ordered my CE from them. Luckily CDPR found another retailer that they allowed to sell them and got one through them. Which ended up delayed and didn't get it until today ! :mad: So, now I'm having a spare game key.. :rolleyes: :p

Man of Honour
Its a very odd game really.

I cant quite make my mind up on it. There are some places I go and it just looks phenomenal and then I will walk around the corner and find horrendous low res textures and it will look like a game which is either 5 years old or missing a HD texture pack. Its definitely got some weird glitches too, small things, by no means gamebreaking, but just odd small things, like objects moving by themselves or not moving in a realistic physics manner. Lots of clipping issues, like an npc I saw rummaging through a bin and the bin lid kept clipping through their head, or another NPC I saw, leaning against a wall talking on his phone and then he walked off but the phone remained there hanging in midair. Seen a few NPCs (including Jackie funnily enough) just clip through a door before the door opened. An npc eating a burger (think it was a burger) and the burger just dropped from his hands through the world but he kept on eating nothing. None of which are gamebreaking in the slightest but all of which do suggest its come out of the door before it should have. At times it feels like a playable beta or early access, rather than something 8 years into its development.

But when it works, when it all comes together, it really is pretty damned awesome. I just wish it had been in the cooking pot slightly longer before arriving at the table.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom