• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Soldato
My RTX 2080Ti should last until I can buy a RTX 3080 for half the price while you lot queue for your RTX 4000 series. Considering the 2080Ti cost me £470 second hand, after selling my 1080Ti for £250 I'll never buy new generation again. Oh and I've never used RTX not once.

I'm not influenced by any YouTubers what so ever, didn't have YouTubers getting free crap when I wanted a ATi 9800! I wait for real people using cards before making a decision. Simples

Soldato
And just as I thought about getting an RTX 3080 Nvidia so kindly reminds me why I shouldn't.. Pff... The company can **** right off at this point.
I was looking at a 3080 if i couldn't get a 6800xt thank god Nvidia is Nvidia and they remind me why i don't buy from them any more.

Associate
Did you actually watch the video? Because something tells me you simply looked at the time stamps.

Let me sum up their future "RT / DLSS" review for ya.

"Meh, yeah RT is nice but not worth the performance drop (shows a couple of bad spots specifically where RT barely makes a difference and ignores everything else), we rather have more fps and AMD fanboys agree with us so thanks for clicks". These "techtubers" are horrible at showing differences.

Also yeah DLSS : "its not native so no point using" , " same as FidelityCAS" etc, "here's some artifacts in this one specific case here".

See? I can do scripts for a "HU" like channel as well and get them clicks.

Associate
He does that whenever something beats a higher cost product, he did the same thing with Nvidia's Pascal cards, he got very excited about those and they were good value. For anyone who thinks he hates Nvidia go watch his Pascal reviews.
No he did that in the 3080 review as well. In one his reviews, when he was testing Control/SOTTR (can't recall which) he was like "Yeah so as usual NVIDIA beats AMD here. What else is new". At the same time, he includes Valhalla in the test bench where a 2080 Ti is only 6 fps faster than a 2080 at 1440p (clearly something is wrong here) and puts the onus on NVIDIA for not doing driver optimisations. He also called AMD's stock levels at launch as Ampere levels of bad, when there was no stock at all to begin with. At least NVIDIA cards went up on Ebay, but he is silent about that.

He is not as biased as Jay is with NVIDIA but its definitely there. I greatly preferred Gamersnexus review where he simply presented the facts and asked the viewer to decide based on the preferred feature set instead of downplaying ray tracing.

Associate
Having watched a few of their videos the last few months, I am not surprised that Nvidia have withdrawn review samples from them.

They have been strongly against Nvidia with many of their statements to keep a particular audience happy. They have also essentially ignored DLSS despite how good it is now in many games and have mostly ignored RTX.

Soldato
Let me sum up their future "RT / DLSS" review for ya.

"Meh, yeah RT is nice but not worth the performance drop (shows a couple of bad spots specifically where RT barely makes a difference and ignores everything else), we rather have more fps and AMD fanboys agree with us so thanks for clicks". These "techtubers" are horrible at showing differences.

Also yeah DLSS : "its not native so no point using" , " same as FidelityCAS" etc, "here's some artifacts in this one specific case here".

See? I can do scripts for a "HU" like channel as well and get them clicks.
This is how a reviewer remains objective and even handed. Nothing negative about rtx suggests bias.

Except he is not 'influencing' viewers to buy Ampere.
That seems to be the gist of your animosity.

Last edited:
Associate
https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1337257811625955329

Not that I am defending Nvidia but you have to wonder about the above in bold it doubts credibility.

You also have to wonder why the video in question that Nvidia are against is not being mentioned by HU. HU do not want draw attention to the fact what Nvidia is saying is true ?

Just being Devils Advocate.

Nvidia withheld the 1650 Super after the 1650 got a poor review because of poor performance. HWUB gave the 1650 a good review because it was a much better product but made sure they underlined what a bad product the standard 1650 was

Associate
this is actually good news to be fair, how biased can you be if you don't get sent free stuff :) not that i believe there were biased anyway but imo the more of them not receiving free stuff the better, free stuff is good as a starting point, but when you have hundreds of thousands of reviewers? you have to spend to make money imo.

Soldato
this is actually good news to be fair, how biased can you be if you don't get sent free stuff :) not that i believe there were biased anyway but imo the more of them not receiving free stuff the better, free stuff is good as a starting point, but when you have hundreds of thousands of reviewers? you have to spend to make money imo.
So you want reviews after they go on sale.?

Associate
Issue is people buying nvidia products stop buying them and the company goes away.
Plenty of options like you know AMD cpus and graphics offering the best gaming platform for gamers.

Back
Top Bottom