Cyberpunk 2077 - Crashes to desktop every 15-20 minutes.

Associate
Have you got any memory overclocks on? Switch them off if so. It's running fine on my 2080, as it should be ;)
Or any overclocks. CPU, gpu, whatever. Turn them off and test to see if you still get the crashes.
I remember a lot of people with stable overclocks finding that battlefield would crash until they backed off the settings a bit. Other games were fine but not that one. Cyberpunk may be the same, but unless you test without an OC you won’t know.
If you still get crashes after 15-20 mins with no OC then at least you’ve ruled out an unstable OC as the cause and can move on to other troubleshooting.

Soldato
OP
I don't overclock guys so just standard settings on CPU and GPU.

I'm in a whatsapp group with 5 other guys and everyone is crashing, we all have different GPU's like 1060, 1080, 2080 etc and every person in the group is crashing. This is so bad!

I've searched forums, tried about 5 fixes so far, nothing has helped.

Soldato
I don't overclock guys so just standard settings on CPU and GPU.

I'm in a whatsapp group with 5 other guys and everyone is crashing, we all have different GPU's like 1060, 1080, 2080 etc and every person in the group is crashing. This is so bad!

I've searched forums, tried about 5 fixes so far, nothing has helped.
Just on an off chance, has anyone of you tried to revert to the previous driver ? Read in the Cyberpunk thread that the 1080 seemed to have problem with they newest one, although you having another GPU, might be worth a shoot if not tried it ?

Soldato
OP
Just on an off chance, has anyone of you tried to revert to the previous driver ? Read in the Cyberpunk thread that the 1080 seemed to have problem with they newest one, although you having another GPU, might be worth a shoot if not tried it ?

Good idea, I updated to new drivers today but probably should have ran the game on old driver first to see if it was stable, silly me.

Thanks for that, I'll try that next.

If that doesn't work I'm going to reinstall.

I've played 3.5 hours and I'm in love with this game! But the crashing is ruining the experience for me.

Soldato
Crashes for me every single time at exactly the same place, which is after the tutorial and Night City flyby.

Have tried with and without GPU oc's and even rolled back the latest driver to an earlier version.

Looking on the web, there is a huge thread about people with exactly the same crash as me.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/cyberpunk-2077-pc-crash-issues.11040656/

Hopefully this gets fixed sooner rather than later.

I know games have bugs, but to have an eight year in development game to have such a game breaker (literally) for so many users is a poor show IMO.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, question is in what time frame.

Soldato
Crashes for me every single time at exactly the same place, which is after the tutorial and Night City flyby.

Have tried with and without GPU oc's and even rolled back the latest driver to an earlier version.

Looking on the web, there is a huge thread about people with exactly the same crash as me.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/cyberpunk-2077-pc-crash-issues.11040656/

Hopefully this gets fixed sooner rather than later.

I know games have bugs, but to have an eight year in development game to have such a game breaker (literally) for so many users is a poor show IMO.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, question is in what time frame.

How did you roll back the driver?

Soldato
Through device manager.

Ah, Nvidia advises you not to do that. You probably have by now but I'd do a DDU clean in safe mode and reinstall to start afresh.

Do Not Use Windows Rollback for Graphics DriversTo reinstall a previous or older NVIDIA graphics driver, do not use the Windows rollback feature. This method will not reliably restore all the previous driver files. Instead, use the Windows Add and Remove programs to remove the current driver, and then install the older driver using setup.exe.

Uninstalling Drivers Using Device Manager is Not SupportedIssueOn all supported versions of Microsoft Windows, uninstalling the NVIDIA driver using the Windows Device Manager may not remove associated files or applications.ExplanationMicrosoft has confirmed that this behavior is by design. If you wish to uninstall the NVIDIA driver, it is recommended that you do so using Add and Remove programs

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.79/460.79-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Soldato
Ah, Nvidia advises you not to do that. You probably have by now but I'd do a DDU clean in safe mode and reinstall to start afresh.

Do Not Use Windows Rollback for Graphics DriversTo reinstall a previous or older NVIDIA graphics driver, do not use the Windows rollback feature. This method will not reliably restore all the previous driver files. Instead, use the Windows Add and Remove programs to remove the current driver, and then install the older driver using setup.exe.

Uninstalling Drivers Using Device Manager is Not SupportedIssueOn all supported versions of Microsoft Windows, uninstalling the NVIDIA driver using the Windows Device Manager may not remove associated files or applications.ExplanationMicrosoft has confirmed that this behavior is by design. If you wish to uninstall the NVIDIA driver, it is recommended that you do so using Add and Remove programs

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.79/460.79-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

First time I've used it in years!

Don't normally have to rollback GPU drivers so it's good to know using Device manager is not recommended.

I don't think its made a difference to Cyberpunk2077, it's just broken for me and many others at the moment.

Associate
I also rolled back to the previous Nvidia driver as I think it's borked. I get instability and big lag spikes in other games and Cyberpunk is noticeably more stable on 457.51, with slightly reduced performance.

Back
Top Bottom