The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Check your email people!

Order your complimentary All-Weather Protection Kit on the Tesla Shop with your exclusive voucher code for the Mud Flap and Splash Guard kit.

Free All-Weather Protection Kit (mudflaps)

Just ordered mine

Associate
Hi all,

I've got a model 3 LR on order ( personal lease - not with tesla ), and was wondering what happens with regards to the delivery?
I've read somewhere that all Teslas, regardless of how they're "obtained" must be collected from Tesla.

Is this really the case? All my previous cars always got delivered to my door step.

For the record, I am not in the slightest bothered - in fact, I probably prefer it :D

Soldato
Hi all,

I've got a model 3 LR on order ( personal lease - not with tesla ), and was wondering what happens with regards to the delivery?
I've read somewhere that all Teslas, regardless of how they're "obtained" must be collected from Tesla.

Is this really the case? All my previous cars always got delivered to my door step.

For the record, I am not in the slightest bothered - in fact, I probably prefer it :D
My dad leased. It got delivered (I think due to COVID). I leased and picked it up last year.

Associate
Thank you both for the replies.
I've managed to obtain my reg number and an estimated delivery date of 21st December from the lease company, but nothing else.

Can I perhaps ring Tesla and ask for an update based on the reg number alone? ( I've not been given the VIN number unfortunately ).

daz

daz

Soldato
I'm picking mine up tomorrow... I got a text on the 20th of November saying I can schedule delivery - I logged in to my Tesla account and it gave me a few different dates and times. Picking up from Thorpe Park.

Tesla always push towards the end of the quarter to get cars delivered so it is very likely you'll get in before Christmas.

nam

nam

Soldato
so is there anyone on here with the revised model 3 anything to report back on ? i understand from 2021 the European model 3's will come direct from China, so in addition to the known changes there may also be cleaner shut lines , improved lights and further insulation. Look forward to seeing those arrive

daz

daz

Soldato
Picked my M3 Long Range AWD up. Kinda regretting getting white with this weather lol.

I had test driven a M3 so I was used to the way it drove but as with all electric cars it's generally just a very pleasant experience. The contact free handover was super rushed from Thorpe Park's abandoned car park. There were hundreds of Teslas sitting there waiting to be delivered. The car was pretty dirty and all in all the handover wasn't great. I haven't bothered looking for paint imperfections etc, i'm just not going to stress about those kinds of things, but I know other people do have issues with paint quality and panel gaps etc but not specifically noticed anything yet.

The overall tech package is great - sat nav, sound system, pre-heating/conditioning etc. It's not perfect though, the car could definitely do with a heads up display and just a couple more physical controls (specifically for wipers). Overall I'm really happy with it. I think there is a lot to be said for the M3 Standard Range, which would give you 95% of this but £10k cheaper (and obviously a shorter max range). I was very close to ordering a Mercedes EQC which was more refined than this (almost silent, even at motorway speed) but the range is pretty shocking for a main/family car at nearly 50% more money than this.

nam

nam

Soldato
Congrats :) post some photos in the drier weather

Picked my M3 Long Range AWD up. Kinda regretting getting white with this weather lol.

I had test driven a M3 so I was used to the way it drove but as with all electric cars it's generally just a very pleasant experience. The contact free handover was super rushed from Thorpe Park's abandoned car park. There were hundreds of Teslas sitting there waiting to be delivered. The car was pretty dirty and all in all the handover wasn't great. I haven't bothered looking for paint imperfections etc, i'm just not going to stress about those kinds of things, but I know other people do have issues with paint quality and panel gaps etc but not specifically noticed anything yet.

The overall tech package is great - sat nav, sound system, pre-heating/conditioning etc. It's not perfect though, the car could definitely do with a heads up display and just a couple more physical controls (specifically for wipers). Overall I'm really happy with it. I think there is a lot to be said for the M3 Standard Range, which would give you 95% of this but £10k cheaper (and obviously a shorter max range). I was very close to ordering a Mercedes EQC which was more refined than this (almost silent, even at motorway speed) but the range is pretty shocking for a main/family car at nearly 50% more money than this.

Soldato
The overall tech package is great - sat nav, sound system, pre-heating/conditioning etc. It's not perfect though, the car could definitely do with a heads up display and just a couple more physical controls (specifically for wipers).

Zero EV have a HUD in development but may be months from release. Briefly shown in a recent Late Brake How YT video interviewing the owner.

Received my complimentary mud guard kit and it's a fancy box for a couple of plastic bits :)

I have a 4 wheel kit already so will retain the rears already fitted. I did notice the sill covers trap a lot of dirt and moisture when I fitted the current kit. Maybe a shrewd pre-emptive move of Tesla to offer these.

daz

daz

Soldato
Thanks for the offer, I'll contact Tesla first to see what they say. Apparently they're meant to be fitted to Long Range cars now as standard...

Back
Top Bottom