• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Associate
It might be the CPU? Toms Hardware disabled half the cores of their Core i9 9900K,essentially making it a Core i7 7700K and performance dropped noticeably. HUB said their Ryzen 5 3600 was at 80% utilisation,so it wouldn't surprise me one bit the game might work somewhat better with at least 8 cores?? So if someone is using a highly overclocked 8~16 core CPU it might be helping out?? Hopefully some reviewers will test this out soon!!

It's not the CPU. Guru3d's bench setup used a Ryzen 9 5950X on a X570 (ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO). Tom's Hardware got 54.8fps average with DLSS performance. Guru3d got 42fps average with DLSS quality - about an expected difference and similar to my own system with a Ryzen 3600. My 3600 is also about 60-70% utilisation, but my RTX 3090 FE is at 100% utilisation. At these settings on 4K, GPU is the bottleneck and not CPU.

Associate

Thanks, this supports my point just like the other 4 sources.

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 4K | RTX Psycho | DLSS Quality --> 38.1fps Average, 1% low 35.0fps
Using a Ryzen 9 5950X on an Asus X570 Crosshair VIII.

I get the same FPS at the same settings with my RTX 3090 FE, only with a Ryzen 3600 instead of a Ryzen 5950X. Ergo, the CPU makes little/no difference at 4K + RTX Ultra.

The graph at the bottom of CPU benchmarks running at 720p demonstrates nothing other than CPU is the bottleneck at very low resolutions, and having a 3070 or a 3090 would make no difference at that resolution - something we already know. Frame time and discussions around stutter are unnoticeable.

Associate
Try Medium, High, Ultra presents and tweak best combo. The game scales pretty well from what I have seen. (not actually got the game or the hardware to play it yet :))

Caporegime
Thanks, this supports my point just like the other 4 sources.

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 4K | RTX Psycho | DLSS Quality --> 38.1fps Average, 1% low 35.0fps
Using a Ryzen 9 5950X on an Asus X570 Crosshair VIII.

I get the same FPS at the same settings with my RTX 3090 FE, only with a Ryzen 3600 instead of a Ryzen 5950X. Ergo, the CPU makes little/no difference at 4K + RTX Ultra.

The graph at the bottom of CPU benchmarks running at 720p demonstrates nothing other than CPU is the bottleneck at very low resolutions, and having a 3070 or a 3090 would make no difference at that resolution - something we already know. Frame time and discussions around stutter are unnoticeable.
Have to agree. From the small amount of single player I’ve seen so far this game is not in any way demanding in the CPU. Perhaps this changes later on, but so far only 1-3 cores seem to be boosting to 5Ghz ish under load on the 5950X.

Far Cry 5 and particularly Call of Duty Modern Warfare put the CPU under much more load. The latter uses up to all 16 cores at times in multiplayer.

Associate
It is very demanding on the CPU, basing it on the first hour is not realistic. The game gets much more demanding when you hit the open world and markets with loads of people.

My 2600 bottlenecks my 3060ti, I really don't think 6 cores are enough for this game maybe a 10600k.

Soldato
Loaded up the game and hit a big snag, can't use the arrow keys for movement. As a left hander i need to use those keys. :(

Might have to use a control pad instead.

Fellow lefty mouser eh? You can edit stuff in the actual game folder settings and should stick - "\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml"

I use numpad to move myself but arrow keys for other functions with right thumb - was very annoying that the 'use' key was hardlocked to F but you can replace all the "IK_F" with something else in the above file to get around it.

Caporegime
It is very demanding on the CPU, basing it on the first hour is not realistic. The game gets much more demanding when you hit the open world and markets with loads of people.

My 2600 bottlenecks my 3060ti, I really don't think 6 cores are enough for this game maybe a 10600k.
Okay fair enough I’ve not reached that part. Glad to hear it though, need to put these cores to use.

Caporegime
Fellow lefty mouser eh? You can edit stuff in the actual game folder settings and should stick - "\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml"

I use numpad to move myself but arrow keys for other functions with right thumb - was very annoying that the 'use' key was hardlocked to F but you can replace all the "IK_F" with something else in the above file to get around it.
Yup, :D

Thanks I did find link talking about that.

Associate
So it looks like not only that the game is Nvidia friendly, it is also Intel friendly (not using the Zen 3 as much as it could ).
https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status/1337514945970311172
Eo_OFRMW4AI5eER

Associate
Developement on cyberpunk started like in 2012/2013 so what do you expect
Yeah so they had the 10900k but not the Ryzen CPUs. It looks like it is the same on older Ryzens, they are used much less than the intel CPUs so there is a big drop in performance.

Back
Top Bottom