Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Put another few hours in this afternoon. Got to act 2. I’m liking it much more today.

one gripe I do have is, the amount of messages and phone calls. Like.. leave me alone I want to explore for a bit

Associate
Playing on PS5 and been having some fun with this so far, its not crashed or frozen on me, have noticed a couple of "glitches" but nothing that was distracting or spoiled anything, will put some more time into it over the weekend but so far enjoying.

Put another few hours in this afternoon. Got to act 2. I’m liking it much more today.

one gripe I do have is, the amount of messages and phone calls. Like.. leave me alone I want to explore for a bit
Haha yep i was thinking the same, jeeezzzzz leave me alone, think there is one part where you are on a mission the phone is going multiple times, text messages coming in with new missions, still trying to work out all the markers on the map (multi-level) and sort my inventory out from just collecting everything you come across :)

Soldato
I've only played a couple hours on Stadia ,but so far its been really good.

I did turn on Visual mode as performance mode looked like the PS4 version, then turned off Lens flare and chromatic Aberration to make it look clearer.

Also found the controls to be odd as it had Aim acceleration on, eventually found out how to turn it off and it feels so much better, i can aim more precise now whereas i was going past targets due to the speed increase of the acceleration.

The only issues i've face have been ladder issues at the start, i could climb it but not get to the top, after saving, quitting and loading in again it worked, the other was more a graphical glitch of a dude sitting down in mid air, when i drove past he was gone and crossing the road.

The Audio on this is superb though, have to put headphones on and cranked up.

Caporegime
OP
Just finished playing after 7 hours lol.

Got into act 2 and I’m really really enjoying it, just been driving around taking care of random events and dishing our justice.

One error I’ve made though is getting the perk that auto scraps junk...wasted no end of cash because of this, thought I’d link up jewellery that was worth $750+ to sell to only find it’s been scrapped :(

Associate
CDPR right now:

thats-the-real-5b4b7f.jpg

Soldato
It's all over Reddit that the 1.04 patch has really helped the PS4. Not fixed everything at all, but made the game look better and playable.

Huge boost for pc players too.

Wonder what the Xbox holdup is.

Soldato
Playing on Series X and it looks like a base XB1 game, seriously surprised at how ugly it is. Runs fairly smooth but with all of the bugs I'm going to hold off for the next-gen patches next year.

AI is horrifically bad, traffic doesn't seem to have any AI at all, it just follows a preset path so will just sit behind you permanently if you stop moving. NPCs do nothing other than cower if you start shooting, police teleport in from nowhere and enemies are so dumb they could be from an XB360 title. The whole world looks pretty at times (on PC it's breathtaking from what I've seen) but it's not even a patch on GTA5 let alone RDR2 in terms of feeling like a proper living breathing place in terms of the people living in it.

Thoroughly disappointed, hoping patches address some of the issues but really does feel like this needed even more time and the XB1/PS4 performance is unforgivable. Yes they are older consoles but the game should not have been released in this state.

I honestly expected better from CDPR, I knew there would be bugs but I wasn't expecting all of the other issues.

Associate
Left my PS5 in that standby mode whilst I'm away for the weekend, with the game still in memory (ie didn't exit the game in menu).

I'm assuming this new patch will deploy, kill the game & install?

Soldato
For those playing on the PS4 pro, what have been the best video settings to use so far? I left all effects on and also HDR. I think I'll disable HDR as everything looks washed out. Just unsure which of the other settings I should disable

Back
Top Bottom